Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p12  (Read 5505 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p12
« on: May 06, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p12
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »
Yes, it would be a vile and lude man that would piss against the wall while wearing sandals.    :o
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
How to go potty in ancient Israel:

Deuteronomy 23:12-13 KJV  Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad: And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »
Well, that covers the men but what about the women? I don't think they had weapons to put paddles (shovels) on...  ;D

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
Well, that covers the men but what about the women? I don't think they had weapons to put paddles (shovels) on...  ;D

"Honey? Can I borrow the shovel?"  ;D

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »
It seems completely appropriate to me that Steven Anderson claims to be "a man that pisseth against the wall". That is a crowd that he fits into. But he is so proud and ignorant he has no idea he is condemning himself with his own words.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »
If I just happened to be listening to this teaching of Steven Andersons, the first sentence out of his mouth would have been a red flag. Said he was reading his Bible this week and a certain phrase kept jumping out at him.
Really?
He just happened to be reading 1st Samuel chapter 25 AND 1st Kings chapters 14 and 16 and 21 AND 2nd Kings chapter 9?
Maybe not impossible but highly unlikely.
That sounds like cherry picking to me.

By the way, The books of Samuel and Kings are not good places to get doctrine for Christians today. You would even need to be careful getting doctrine for Old Testament saints from those books.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »
Btw, I should mention that, and correct me if I'm wrong, I did NOT say that the Bible does not say where to do your business, nor how to dispose of it, but rather, it does not say HOW to do your business, which is what Steven Anderson was addressing. Deuteronomy does not specific the depth one should squat, nor the force we ought to apply to our bowels, nor the precise mathematical angle of your femur comparative to the ground while we are pooping.

I also found it strange that he said that verse kept popping out at him, but he may have just been referring to 1 Kings. Also, preachers like Anderson tend to speed read instead of study in-depth, and so in my opinion, it is unsurprising that he would say such a thing. He might read through his bible twice in the same amount of time it would take me just to study the book of Romans, which may indicate that he's really smart and I'm really slow, or it may indicate that he doesn't have the Holy Spirit for guidance and so the details don't matter to him. Likely, both are correct.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
I agree that we have no biblical instruction on what our specific posture should be while we "ease" ourselves.
(I'm having trouble typing this.  ;D ;D ;D )

However we do have examples of men, apparently, squatting when they went potty though no femoral angle is specified.  ;D ;D ;D

Picture this, (if you dare) if I am wearing a long robe and standing up straight you would be able to see my feet. If I were to then squat to some degree my feet with then no longer be visible. My feet would be covered.

1 Samuel 24:3 KJV  And he came to the sheepcotes by the way, where was a cave; and Saul went in to 👉cover his feet:👈 and David and his men remained in the sides of the cave.

Judges 3:24 KJV  When he was gone out, his servants came; and when they saw that, behold, the doors of the parlour were locked, they said, Surely he 👉covereth his feet👈 in his summer chamber.

I wonder if someone could convince Steven Anderson that REAL men need to put on a long robe when they poop and THAT would fix America.  ;D ;D ;D

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »
Is that what it met by covering the feet? I was way off on that one.
so to steve, you are only a man if you stand and pee. But what about the men who lost their legs in war? Or the Christian who got feet cut off for his faith?
Let's just face it now steven Anderson you will get to old one day where making it to the bathroom on time will become a losing battle. And when you no longer have the strength or ballance to stand like a man anymore you will no longer be a man.
I wonder if he will ever think on his teaching about standing to pee to be a man when he has a man changing his manly dipers because he can't make it no more to the big boy pody.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
Hmm. That's a good point. If they physically cannot stand, according to Anderson, they cannot be a man. It's a shame that Anderson teaches that a veteran who lost his legs in combat is destroying America because he won't stand up to pee.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 10:02:54 PM »
This may seem bad, but these are some hilarious posts.  Thanks for the laugh guys.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 06:43:59 PM »
In the bible people get a new name by god. So I been thinking of a name that is fit for steven Anderson. Now it took a bit to come up with just the right name for him but I think I finally found a new name that fits him.
I shall call him......... pee wee stevee

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
Maybe not though because name calling is actually a form of railing  :-X
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 03:07:48 AM »
I must be slow.  The meaning of the pee wee comment only just dawned on me.  Maybe not so bad after all.  Steven Anderson sure has got some strange ideas.  He can only do what he does though because he has an audience.  If nobody paid any attention to him and he had no like minded followers and all he ever got was rebuke and sound correction then I am sure he would give up.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
No, there's no reason to resort to his railing accusation.

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1 Peter 3:8-9

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »
I was not thinking about it as railing. I should not play the name calling at all.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 10:12:19 AM »
I did not even know who Steven Anderson was until recently. I had seen his name here but I had not watched much or really read much about him. Then, last week, my wife shared a few of his videos with me (the videos of how we all have Jewish ancestry and how the modern jews are wicked). DING! The light bulb went on. We read the article about Steven Anderson and she was absolutely appalled (and learned what railing is). That led to the article on Kent Hovind (she knew who he was but I did not). Again, she was disturbed. She still believes in the Mandela Effect nonsense but I continuously pray that will cease as well. All of the information about Anderson and Hovind led to a discussion about repentance (grief & sorrow vs to turn) and she gained some understanding. We then started discussing Ken Ham/AIG and she was not very interested. I will keep working on her and praying for her. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
I don't have a published article on madela, but I do have this:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=305.msg2068#msg2068
I didn't think it was worth my time, but I may change my mind on that later. It's possible that by writing on that, I could present the Gospel of repentance and faith, that others may hear it. I probably should view it that way first and foremost.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »
I did read your topic awhile ago and I really appreciate it, thank you.