Author Topic: Julian Smith living in The Netherlands  (Read 629 times)

Offline Bible Based Christian

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Julian
  • Belief: Other
Julian Smith living in The Netherlands
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »
I am Julian.  I am Masha's husband.  I am a Christian.  I prayed to Jesus Christ when I was 12 years old after my uncle Keith told me about the Gospel.  I prayed for Jesus to reveal Himself to me if He really existed.  I recall that He somehow answered my prayer and I knew He was real.  I knew Jesus was real but I still didn't want to follow Him.  I loved my sin.  At the age of 18 I realized my destiny was Hell and came to God through Jesus in search of forgiveness and redemption from the place called Hell that I was going to.  I'm saved by the Blood of the Lamb that was shed on the cross at Calvary. 

That's a little about myself.  I seem to have a bad name on this forum because of a personal message that I left for Chris regarding his talking about his past girlfriends on air.  It seems like 'm the only one who has heard Chris talk about past girlfriends while listening to him on air.  I don't know the exact teaching they are on.  I would need to listen for days to find them.  I didn't ever think I would be the one who needed to repent since I was pointing out something I thought was wrong.  Still nobody has come forward to say that it is okay for Chris to talk about old girl friends on air or not.  The focus is on me as the evil doer.  Please address the issue that I brought up and not just what I did wrong.  With that part out of the way, now on to me, the one who has offended Chris and may be even his wife. 

A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle. Pro 18:19

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.  Luk 17:3-4

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.  Mat 18:21-22

Chris and Lorraine I am very sorry for offending you with my email regarding mentioning former girlfriends on air. 

If you two or just Chris would like to talk further about it, that is fine, if not, that is also fine.

Julian

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 42
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Julian Smith living in The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
You didn't have a bad name until now. All that conversation took place privately on the forum without our church, but you just posted on the public section of the forum. I hope you have no regrets about making it public, but if you do, remember that this was your decision. You may not realize it now, but that was really foolish to bring up all that in your introductory post, especially since you just lied (AGAIN) to everyone to tell them we did not address your concerns, and you lied to tell everyone what we're upset about, when you KNOW that's not true.

You are very blessed sir, and should give praise to the Lord Jesus Christ that he gave all of us enough grace to let you stay here to make these deceptive posts because I would have already banned you under normal circumstances. I don't deal well with liars. You had more than ample opportunity to handle this between Lorraine and I personally, but now you've not only forced us to take it to the church, you've now made it public. So you need to schedule a time with THEM to sit down and discuss this matter because as I've already told you, I'm done dealing with you for the time being. There are a lot of dedicated Bible students in our church, so I'll let them judge the matter.

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
-Mat 18:15-17

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:02:08 PM by creationliberty »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Tbeas893

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
"Chris and Lorraine I am very sorry for offending you with my email regarding mentioning former girlfriends on air."

I find it hard to believe you are sorry for anything since all you did was try to put blame on us for "focusing on you". That doesn't make any sense, and what you're really trying to do is make yourself look innocent. Think about what an un-repentant sinner does when a street preacher rebukes their sin. The lost turn around and accuse the street preacher of 'not being perfect either'. That's pretty much what you are trying to do here by lying about us.

"It seems like 'm the only one who has heard Chris talk about past girlfriends while listening to him on air...Please address the issue that I brought up and not just what I did wrong."

As far as I could tell, we have already decided as a church that mentioning past girlfriends was not wrong. You are either uninformed about what you are accusing people of or straight up lying, and I'm convinced it's the latter seeing as, through Masha, you are able to read what it is we said in the private section.

Just some quotes from the discussion there:

"I don't believe you've ever discussed anything inappropriate regarding a former relationship."

"In my opinion I think you handled the matter correctly Chris and I stand behind you 100%.  I am not offended in any way with you mentioning any previous relationships."

"Chris, I have heard you mention former girlfriends or other women you dated in the past, but it was always in the context of that person being the source of information you wanted to convey or an experience you wanted to give context to. (Such as you dating a woman from Oklahoma, which was the reason you went there, with the result being that you ended up getting very ill.)

I see nothing wrong at all in mentioning other people (whether you dated them or were just casual acquaintances) for the purpose of explaining a situation you are relating at the time. I do the same thing."

Julian, your lies are not welcome. You need to either repent or leave because people with your kind of attitude don't last long here. They have only brought contention, which you claim to want to avoid (hint: kinda can't do that when you lie). Not only have you offended Chris, but now you are offended all of us. And you want to call yourself a "Bible Based Christian". That's further offence to Jesus Christ and His Word claiming to follow his word when you're not doing it.

Proverbs 26:28 - A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.
Luke 6:46 - And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If you are going to claim to be a brother in Christ then put away lying as those who have put on the "new man" are instructed to do.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51: 16-17

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »
Tim beat me to it, but I was just going to point out the bit you said:

It seems like 'm the only one who has heard Chris talk about past girlfriends while listening to him on air.

is a lie, too. You are NOT the only one who has heard Chris talk about past girlfriends; you're just the only one who seems to have a problem with it. I have never heard Chris say anything inappropriate in his talks. I've heard/read him say things that may be inaccurate, but he has always been quick to correct himself once I point it out to him.

You have been rebuked privately and now publicly, due to your decision to post in the public part of the forum. Yet you STILL do nothing but make excuses and try to defend yourself instead of admitting that you were wrong. (It's Chris' fault for taking what you said the wrong way and our fault for standing up for Chris.) Let me tell you something. We here do NOT follow Chris; we follow Jesus Christ and what He has taught in the Bible. When you accuse someone of doing something inappropriate without having had ANY previous contact with that person or knowing where they're coming from, you're wrong. When you twist Scripture to try to make it say something that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic you're addressing, you're wrong. If you are incapable or unwilling to admit to any wrongdoing, then you really have no place here.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:57:54 AM »
And Jeanne brought up that other major point I want to highlight, namely that there was no repentance at all for twisting the Word of God out of its context to try and justify himself. I published all those emails on the private section of the forum. There has not been ONE WORD from Julian being sorry for wrongfully using the Word of God, which shows me that he has no concern for the Word of God. (i.e. He might claim to believe it, but I see no evidence that Julian reverences God's Word.)
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline Bible Based Christian

• Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Julian
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
GOD BLESS YOU.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
GOD BLESS YOU.

And just what is that supposed to mean? That you still think you've done nothing wrong and you're 'turning the other cheek' as they say? You have a great way of talking without saying anything, like many other people we've had on here and let go. Why is it so hard for you to admit you're wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to taking Scripture out of context? Is your pride so precious to you that you can't even see what you're doing?

I'm with Chris. I'm done talking to you because you don't listen anyway.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 05:44:42 PM »
And just what is that supposed to mean?... You have a great way of talking without saying anything,

Jeanne, I've seen this pattern from many other people over the years. In his mind, he believes that we have made him our enemy, so he's doing this:
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
-Mat 5:44

He thinks he's doing things right because he learned this concept from the church buildings. What he's willingly ignorant of is that we did not curse him, nor hate him, nor despitefully use him, nor persecute him. In fact, persecute comes from the base word "pursue," which means to follow and harass. He has come here, following us and saying these things; we did not go to him.
In reality, this is the situation:
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
-Pro 6:16-19

One of the first verses that Julian sent to me to try to justify himself was from Colossians 3, and I will quote it again here:
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
-Col 3:9-10

It took me a while to figure out, but I'm pretty sure I've deduced what the problem is and how he should have handled the matter, but he won't be honest with himself or us, and that's why I can't even get to a point to explain it to him. I don't even believe he'd listen at this point. He'd need to go through the church first, but because he keeps lying and wants to cause contention, now we have this problem:
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
-Rom 16:17

He thinks he's righteous and has done no wrong, and he will not receive any response that is not in agreement with his self-perceived righteousness. I feel really bad for Masha because he's put her in a terrible position. I'm more than happy to talk with her any time she wants, but Julian needs to go through the church first, and here's why:
Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
-1Ti 5:19

So the things I've accused him of (like lying, contention, etc), those things need to be addressed by witnesses in the church and handled accordingly. If he decides to schedule a time to meet up with a group of you on Skype, that's fine, and if you guys want me to be there, that's fine, but we are far past the one-on-one conversation he's seeking.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Julian, I know I said I wasn't going to bother with you anymore, but I just have to issue a challenge to you. I challenge you to read this article and tell us, if you can, how we have violated it.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/offense.php

Offline hashed

• Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: yeb
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
... a personal message that I left for Chris regarding his talking about his past girlfriends on air.  It seems like 'm the only one who has heard Chris talk about past girlfriends while listening to him on air.  I don't know the exact teaching they are on.  I would need to listen for days to find them.  ...

If you accuse Chris of saying something bad or wrong, you should provide the details about the teaching like title, timestamp and a transcript of the specific part.
I have read this thread more than once, and I don't see a clear description of the issue.

Maybe it's not of my business because I am not a part of this 'church' (I am not sure how to define church). However, the teachings can be downloaded by anyone, including me.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 10:44:44 AM »
Yeb, this discussion started in the Christian only portion of the forum, which is only visible to people we know well and who agree with 0ur doctrines. (There's more information on how to access that part elsewhere, but here is not the place to address it.) However, since Julian decided to post about it in the public section that the whole world can see, it is now EVERYBODY's business.

Thanks for your input.

JavierCoats

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »
I think that this discussion has gone into a wrong direction, don't you agree with me? In my opinion, Chris handled the matter correctly.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:20 AM »
Javier, did you read the agreement you signed when you joined the forum and the message at the very top of every page in the blue header (right hand side) that says:

Newly registered members will have their accounts deleted if they do not make a post in the Introduce Yourself section within 48 hours

Before posting anywhere else, please introduce yourself so we know who we're talking to.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »
 I want to just simply say ditto. I totally agree with what Tim and Chris said. I have remain silent in the situation first of all because I really like Masha,  and consider her to be a friend and pray for her often. But secondly, because Julian feels unwelcome because of his own lies. That breaks my heart. I hope Julian will allow the Lord to help him remove the pride from his heart and see his lies for what they are, and join us on this journey. The Lord welcomes those that are truly repentant. And so do we.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17