Author Topic: Lumberjack1981  (Read 2230 times)

Lumberjack1981

Lumberjack1981
« on: April 27, 2019, 10:28:09 AM »
Good morning!
My name is Jameson.  I

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Lumberjack1981
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »
Jameson, it looks like your post cut off. There's something in the forum software code that doesn't allow foreign apostrophes. This means that if you're copy/pasting from another source or typing from a mobile device, the post will cut off at the point the apostrophe appears.

The only way to get apostrophes to show up and not cut your post off is to type them directly into the post window from a computer. If you copy/paste from another source, then you have to go back and manually replace all the apostrophes.

Lumberjack1981

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »
Sorry I did not see a new post tab just a new topic tab

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »
If your first post really was all that was supposed to be there (i.e. just your name), did you read this?

http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:21:56 AM »
Yeah, it looks like your initial post got cut off. At the top of the page under the News tab, it says:
The forum software doesn't like foreign apostrophes, and will sometimes cut off your posts if you use them. This can happen by copy/pasting from other formats, or by using a smartphone. If you are having problems, avoid use of symbols, like apostrophes, quotations, or dashes, and that should solve the problem. It's a UTF-8 coding issue that we don't know how to resolve yet.

Likely, it cut off your post because there was a foreign apostrophe after the 'I' in your first sentence. If you can try again, I'd like to read what you wanted to say.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18