Author Topic: Caleb's Introduction  (Read 8923 times)

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Caleb's Introduction
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
Hi all, my name is Caleb Jenkins from Missouri.  I'm married and have two step daughters and one daughter.  I work at the Ozark Regional Juvenile Detention Center.  I try to witness to the kids as much as I can, even though there are times I get written warnings for teaching these kids what I know.  I don't really care because God has blessed me in this job from the time that I started working there.  I listen to Christopher almost on a daily basis at home and at work when I'm in the control room or I'm in the transport car transporting a juvenile.  I've had many revelations of the Word of God within the past year and have made many changes in my life to purge the leaven out of my life.  Of course, I'm still working on that.  One of the first things I had to do was find the pure and perfect Word of God, in which I used to think was the Geneva bible.  Through long study and listening to Christopher and many others I started to finally realize what was wrong with the Geneva bible.  I switched to the King James Bible when my mom, my sister, and I had a debate on the subject of Passover.  As soon as I proved to them that Passover and Easter are two completely separate days I switched to the KJB, it was obvious and I proved myself wrong on the Geneva.  But that was just the beginning.  I've always, even as a kid, had a problem with people "speaking in tongues."  I can remember whenever someone would be doing that I would listen closely to both the "speaking in tongues" and the interpretation to see the similarity between them.  Never could figure it out.  I've watched and listened to many people on the subject, including my own parents, and still wasn't convinced that it was from the Holy Spirit.  After listening to Christopher on the subject I finally found out why I felt like that as a kid.  It was perfectly clear to me now.  I took what I learned and managed to convince one person in my family, my twin brother Curtis.  Curtis used to be one that "spoke in tongues" and after realizing the he was speaking satanic gibberish he repented of that evil and told me that he couldn't believe he had been fooled this whole time.  Since then I've payed more attention to what I've always known, interpret the Bible logically and in it's context and don't let anyone tell me otherwise.  I've spent a lot of time learning about the Laws of Logic since before I even started to apply that to Christianity. After a time, I began to realize the amount of contradictions in my own father's church that I attended and that I was also a deacon of.  Realizing through scripture on what a Biblical deacon is suppose to do I felt that I was not longer able to be one.  I simply didn't meet the Biblical requirements.  So I had to finally tell my dad why and he didn't seem to be angry at that time.  As I was trying to meet those requirements I soon realized how much leaven my own father's church was involved in.  I began to have a distaste for the things that was being taught and soon had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life.  I quit the church.  I explained to my father all the reasons that I was quitting and we had a big argument.  I pretty much called my father a false prophet.  He contradicted scripture continually and allowed things to happen in the church that was not suppose to be in the church.  My sister was an assistant pastor and my sister-in-law was the assistant youth pastor.  That's not all that was happening.  I just couldn't stand to be in my father's church anymore, because that's the thing, it was my father's church and not my Father God's church.  Well to make what's already been a long post shorter, Curtis, his wife, and I have been meeting once a week to do Bible study using Christopher's youtube channel and following along with the articles he provides.  An hour video can take us several hours because we tend to pause and talk about what's been said to help each other to better understand the Word of God and that's the point of our Bible study.  I will have to thank God for putting Christopher in my life to help me realize the things I should have already known and for his teachings that we use to strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ every week.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Caleb's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »
You did right:
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
-Acts 17:11

Despite the fact that it was just gibberish, you listened and searched the Scriptures.

I'm sure you guys have found a few inconsistencies in what I've taught, and that's because I still learn and correct myself, and therefore, it is the Holy Spirit that teaches each of us. I'm glad you guys have your own church now. If you need our help with anything, just ask; most of our church have accounts here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 02:52:24 AM »
What a wonderful testimony, Caleb! Praise God for allowing you to see the truth and for giving you the courage to stand up to your pastor father. I pray that he and the rest of your family would also come to a knowledge of the truth of God's word.

I look forward to getting to know you here and tell your brother we would welcome him, too, if he'd like to talk to us.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
I thank God for bringing you to the truth of his word. I do not say this much but I really would like to hear more of your coming to the truth from the churchinanity you were once in.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 11:31:16 AM »
Thank you for sharing that Caleb!  And Welcome to the Forum!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »
Hi Caleb

Welcome to the forum from me too.  I also found your introduction to be an interesting read.  It is good that you too found CLE here and left the other stuff behind.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »
Thank you guys for your replies, it means a lot.  I have forgotten to mention a few more things about myself and another testimony.  Oh how I like to debate with people, especially on youtube comments.  I've always enjoyed it when I can silence someone buy only asking a few questions on the offensive.  To me, it's very fun and a good way for me to practice defending the Word of God correctly.  I really like talking about controversial subjects as well.  I also like to build computers and, unfortunately, playing video games.  And yes, I've already listened to Christopher's "Video Games & Witchcraft" series.  Of course, I didn't need to listen to those series as we as Christians already know what we shouldn't play like Chris has mentioned in those series.  Now for my testimony.  About two weeks ago my oldest brother, Adam, came to my house to help me fix a battery problem with my mower; turned out it was just a bad connection due to the bolts not being tightened correctly.  After, we began to talk and he has told me about his concerns with our father's church and has come to realize what is going wrong.  We got on the subject of tithing, of which I had just did a study on by answering five questions: who, what, where, when, and why.  It was quite overwhelming on what I've learned.  My brother actually listened and agreed with me about tithing and why it's not biblical for use in the church today.  One thing I've always said to people when they ask me about tithing, even when I was still going to my father's church, was, "I don't have food to tithe and there's no Levites around for me to tithe to."  You could tell at that moment by the look on my parents faces that they didn't like that very much.  Probably because they didn't like that truth.  I would even go further and say, "I have no lamb to offer," whenever I was asked about offering as well.  But enough of that and back to Adam.  He told me about a man who had gone to the church just that last Sunday.  The man was from out of state and was living in a pull behind camper that was parked at a mechanic shop.  His truck needed to be fixed.  While the "tithe bucket" was being passed around Adam saw the man searching through his wallet to find any amount of money he could.  Adam told me that he felt bad that the man thought he needed to pay a tithe.  I told my brother that he felt that way because he knew it was wrong and the man felt obligated to pay something because everyone was watching.  My brother agreed and also told me that he and his wife are having thoughts about quitting the church and doing church in their house together.  I quickly offered for them to come to our Bible study, just for them to see why Curtis and I are doing what we do.  Of course, my oldest brother is known to the family for making excuse after excuse.  I've told Adam that I will continue to invite him every week.  I don't dare to give up on him, not after his revelation and him slowly getting to the truth of God's Word.  He also mentioned that the only reason why he stays is because of the youth.  I simply told him that he already has his own youth, his three sons, and that he should raise them up the way they should go; Proverbs 22:6.  I do hope he finally gets tired of me inviting him to come to our Bible study and actually goes with me.  Only time will tell and I'm a very vigilant person.  We have had our arguments in the past over scripture, especially on the "speaking in tongues" subject, in which he yelled pretty good at me.  I stayed calm and just kept asking those simple questions in order to get him to understand.  It certainly didn't end with him acknowledging the truth; but hopefully I've planted that seed deep enough and on good ground.  Thanks again for your replies and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 06:07:11 AM »
Just out of curiosity, Caleb, how old are your girls?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 09:49:21 AM »
Hi Caleb, this is Caleb from Missouri. I am the animal guy around here. I love God's creations and I would like to become a zoologist author. I hope that we can have some interesting discussions.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 05:16:15 PM »
Jeanne,

Bella is 9, Claire is 7, and Naomi just turned 3.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »
Zoologistkid,

Hello back.  Having two Caleb's from Missouri might just get confusing.  Glad to know that there's people from my home state here.  I do happen to like animals too, snakes are usually what I like to handle more of.  Every time my family sees a snake they always seem to call me to investigate.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
Having two Caleb's from Missouri might just get confusing.
That's why I set it up to allow people to have usernames. It would also help if members would upload an actual picture of themselves. Even in Acts, they had to call people by other names because there were, for instance, too many men named "John."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 10:38:59 PM »
Hi Caleb, 

Welcome to our group :-)

Thank you for sharing your testimony. 
It is beautiful that you are seeking the Truth, and that you were strong to stand up for the Truth.

It is good to have you here :-)

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:11 AM »
Hi Caleb, it's nice to meet you. I was wondering when you were saved? Did you come to repentance? What is it that brought you to repentance? I didn't see much information about your relationship with Jesus or Jesus at all in your testimony and just want to get to know you better
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Chris

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
Welcome.

This site and forum continues to help with edification.  I am glad that we have the ability to meet openly (for now).  I look forward to helping each other with sanctification.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »
ThomasHGW,

I can't recall when I came to repentance.  I've repented quite a bit in the past, even when I didn't know I did, and still continue to repent when I've messed up.  Like Chris has said in one of his videos about how someone knows that they've repented; and it's when you feel bad for the sins you've done and repent of those sins every time and seek to keep trying to not mess up again.  I do have a repentant heart and seek to humble myself as much as I can when I should.  I have even cried along with Chris in his serious on repentance about the publican in the back that goes home justified.  I understand it well and as I'm writing this now I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 01:20:02 AM »
I'm with you on that too Caleb. I had come to repentance, even when I didn't realize that's what I had done because I had so many people teaching me false doctrine on repentance, I thought I hadn't repented because I still had sin. It's a never-ending vicious cycle of anxiety and works-motivated righteous and sinner's prayers over and over and over again. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ who fills us with his mercy and frees us from such pointless burdens.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 08:55:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Caleb! We all have similar struggles with sharing the truth with family members. It must be especially difficult with yours working in a church building. I thank the Lord for showing His truth to you. How did you find CLE?

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 07:27:49 PM »
Laura,

I'm pretty sure I came across CLE when I was researching "speaking in tongues."  But either way, I didn't steam roll into CLE until it started to be the main source for almost all my research; everyone else seemed to be taking scripture completely out of context.  Christopher has been the only one that stays within context way more often than not and has always humbled himself whenever he has been wrong.  Granted, I have found minor inconsistencies but he also said that we would.  So after the past year of listening to CLE content I figured I would get on here and be apart of it.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 06:35:29 AM »
Well, Caleb, we are so happy to have you here!