Author Topic: Proof that Leonardo da Vinci faked the Turin Shroud?  (Read 1818 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Proof that Leonardo da Vinci faked the Turin Shroud?
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:47 AM »
Every so often I like to have a look and see if there are any developments in debunking the shroud of Turin as being the burial cloth of Christ.

This short video lends itself to the possibility it was created by a photographic technique by Leonardo da Vinci.  Biblical knowledge tells that the image can not be the image of Christ.

Proof that Leonardo da Vinci faked the Turin Shroud?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N382dggI4C0

Leonardo da Vinci's other paintings are very interesting in that the thickness of the "paint" is only a few microns thick and seem more like they have been produced on a printing press rather than painted by hand with a brush or other tools.  As far as I know, researchers still don't know how his other "paintings" were produced.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Proof that Leonardo da Vinci faked the Turin Shroud?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:54:12 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to analyse the paint used? Would watercolours produce layers that thin? What about coloured inks?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Proof that Leonardo da Vinci faked the Turin Shroud?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to analyse the paint used? Would watercolours produce layers that thin? What about coloured inks?

There has been a great deal of analysis of da Vinci's art work.  People who claim to know how the "paintings" were done are are of the type who give simplistic answers and have the attitude of "nothing more to see here   ....  move along  ....  move along". 

I only take a special interest because development and manufacturing is what I do for a job.  We know that the burial cloth isn't the burial cloth of Christ and that it has been manufactured by some means in the last 2000 years.  As a side interest from everything else I take a small amount of time to appreciate the craftsmanship of those in other fields.  Not that it is of any use, but at least the "shroud" depicts a risen Christ rather than denying the resurrection.  I doubt anyone would ever become a true Christian from having seen the shroud though.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)