Author Topic: Hate Speech and Preaching in Indonesia  (Read 3101 times)

A

Hate Speech and Preaching in Indonesia
« on: April 09, 2019, 04:07:43 AM »
What about Hate Speech anyway if I plan to preach toward others about the true christian faith? I am aware that it is most probably illegal to cause anyone to feel bad about something in this country(even for homosexuals as far as I know of)
Freedom of speech exists in Indonesia, but it exist under a very limited spectrum, thanks to unnecessary government Policy like the infamously idiotic blasphemy law(which if I am right, put a good governor of Indonesia in jail) and the new UUMD3, which restricts Indonesian

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hate Speech and Preaching in Indonesia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:12:56 AM »
I don't understand what you are trying to ask

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:17:50 AM »
Nathaniel, your post got cut off. Again, please read what has been written before about apostrophes and other such punctuation. You need to start checking what you wrote after you post it to make sure it's all there.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »
Try to avoid using apostrophes or dashes so you don't get cut off. Either you're copy/pasting from another program or site, or you're using a browser that has foreign punctuation that the forum can't read. In the news section at the top, it says:
The forum software doesn't like foreign apostrophes, and will sometimes cut off your posts if you use them. This can happen by copy/pasting from other formats, or by using a smartphone. If you are having problems, avoid use of symbols, like apostrophes, quotations, or dashes, and that should solve the problem. It's a UTF-8 coding issue that we don't know how to resolve yet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:29:41 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

A

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 12:34:09 AM »
Well, practically the point is, there exists a hate speech law in Indonesia, and that is defined as saying something that causes feelings of offense in others, even in homosexuals. The law also forbids speaking against parliament(as far as I know of for both these laws) Therefore shall I preach the Gospel in Indonesia, or should I rebuke and fight the law on this point first or what? I know the Bible does not teach us unlimited submission, but so then, what should I ought to do?

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »
You go out and preach the gospel. Man's laws have no power over gods. So what I would do is completely ignore the hate speak law and preach

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
there exists a hate speech law in Indonesia, and that is defined as saying something that causes feelings of offense in others, even in homosexuals.

If someone told me that I had to stop preaching I would immediately tell them that they were causing me feelings of offence, and that they had better stop or else I will call the police, even if I was talking to the police.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 06:09:16 PM »
there exists a hate speech law in Indonesia, and that is defined as saying something that causes feelings of offense in others, even in homosexuals.

If someone told me that I had to stop preaching I would immediately tell them that they were causing me feelings of offence, and that they had better stop or else I will call the police, even if I was talking to the police.

I was going to make that same comment about that too as it is a form of circular reasoning.  If the Police try to stop someone preaching then under their own rules they have to go away and lock themselves up   ....  they might even have to take themselves to court and fine themselves.

Just over a week ago I was talking to someone in the hot tub spa pool I regularly attend and we got talking about the mosque massacre that happened recently in New Zealand here in which fifty people were murdered.  I mentioned that more than 15,000 unborn children are murdered by abortion here in New Zealand every year and yet the Police don't take any interest or do anything about that.

It went all quiet.  It might have been food for thought for a few people.  There were a few young ladies in the pool too and I expected to perhaps get a femi-nazi comment, but alas, no, no-one said anything.  Rules are only rules when certain people want them to be.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

A

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 01:14:59 AM »
For those who replied, it helped, I honestly should not have asked this in the first place.