Author Topic: How to preach to the "converted"  (Read 2513 times)

A

How to preach to the "converted"
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:45:25 AM »
How do I preach to the "converted" people those that call themselves "Christians" but in some(or many) I see a sinful and rebellious heart and/or they are simply stuck in worldly religions presumed to be Christianity?

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: How to preach to the "converted"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
You should start with the bible. Read threw it like how Chris do in the first half of each teaching. Build their foundation on the main doctrine of scripture. Like repentance charity verse tithing. It will take time but if they stay around long enough, when you get into worldly tradition they have a foundation to stand on to better see the truth. Over all you pray that God open there eyes to truth

A

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 12:30:47 AM »
If they reject me or shout me down(on different factors, such as for worldly beliefs, since there may be even some who say they love death or can't even understand scripture without a pastor or a priest or etc. - but they refuse to acknowledge the law of God though they may claim to be Christian), is there anything the Bible commands me to do?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:57:15 AM »
Your job is simply to preach the truth; don't get into arguments about it. If they're not willing to listen, you'll just be wasting your time and theirs by trying to convince them. Once you give the message, it's up to God to do the rest because only HE can change people's hearts.

If they don't want to listen to you, all you can do is continue to pray for them.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
I been in the Philippines for some time now and get shot down all the time. Tradition seems to be above scripture. The bible say that they will have teacher that tell them what they want to hear rather then the truth. We can only plant seeds, it is god who gets them to grow

A

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:22 AM »
Thanks for the replies, its settled now.