Author Topic: Education-Indoctrination realted concerns  (Read 2620 times)

A

Education-Indoctrination realted concerns
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:43:28 AM »
My school is an IB school and in the grade I am in to above, all the programs available are only IB programs, and they deliver indoctrination I was initially not knowing of, for example, their core class "Theory of Knowledge"(?) is delivered from the perspective of secular humanists,  to ask minors to put aside religious and family values and rely solely upon the opinions of philosophical atheists such as Nietszche and Kant to determine what correct knowledge is.(?) And they teach certain tenets:
- Relativism is true.1
- Therefore nothing can be known with certainty.
- Therefore we must accept Atheism / or we are taken a step further, if maybe the school is religious, to teach that "belief in one another is a stronger force for good than trying to show others how your idea of good is better" - Secular Humanism.

As far as I know of, a single worldview is given to IBO teachers (all IBO teachers must attend certain conferences) as necessary instruction in their respective IBO classes.
IBO operates with the stated goal to develop global citizens, taking stands on everything from environmentalism to international diplomacy to population control. (Evolution is taught as a fact if I remember correctly)
Despite its direct relationship with the UN, IB denies any UN influence on its curriculum.

I know I made a mistake as it is in my pride that I choose the full IB program(well, I'm may just be as doomed if I did not make a choice either way) and that I perhaps trusted in man than in examining the matter first to weigh up against God. Maybe I am putting out a fake image and deceiving others by remaining in there, so shall I sanctify myself from it and exit as soon as possible? (I have a plan to get out, but it's a long shot anyway, so I may be stuck for a while) Or is it acceptable in a way?(if I find myself stuck there for some time)

Full Explanation:
IB's Theory of Knowledge course, hereafter referred to as TOK, is a mandatory component of the IB Diploma Program. Before the details of this "philosophy" course are explored, it is important to know that authorized IB schools are required to make scheduling of the Diploma Program central to operations and that the TOK course MUST be offered, even if there are fewer full Diploma students than a Board of Education's minimum class size policy dictate. Proponents of IB have argued that a school may open TOK classes to non-Diploma students. While this is true, what IBO doesn't tell you is that the school is not only required to establish an internal assessment committee to review the students' final papers as IB's external assessors are prohibited from doing so but also that non-DP students who take the course will not be recognized for it on an IB transcript.
IB is not "accredited" by ANY scholastic organization or authority, nationally or internationally. IB World Schools are "authorized" by the IB Organization after a school pays boatloads of money for its mandatory teacher training, membership fees and "label". Universities may choose to bestow college credit for certain IB exams and scores, but that does not constitute "accreditation".
IBO as a whole ascribes to the tenets of the Earth Charter, at one point even  giving its full endorsement to this political movement.
IBO also has strong ties to groups like the United Nations and several of its subsidiaries.

A

Re: Education-Indoctrination related concerns
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »
I want to clarify that my posts cut off and I may amend it.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Education-Indoctrination realted concerns
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 05:24:35 AM »
I don't know what 'IB' actually stands for (i.e. what does IB mean?) but it sounds like one very messed up programme designed to brainwash students into THEIR worldview. What are your ultimate goals in life? What do you want to do? Is a college or university degree necessary? Is a high school diploma necessary? If it were me in this situation, I would want to get out as soon as possible, especially if they expect you to lie about your true beliefs in order to pass or graduate. I think if you were to make known your beliefs and that you have no intention of accepting their worldview, they would probably kick you out anyway.

A

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:52 AM »
What I mean by IB is The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year educational program primarily aimed at 16 to 18 year olds.
Perhaps my real question here is whether it may be acceptable toward God to remain in something like that if I am forced to remain there(I have a plan out, but it's risky and only through God can it work) and perhaps though I have not yet given my full post about it, but the point is rather clear that an education program like that does NOT teach what is real education but instead indoctrinates as "education". Maybe by being in there I may end up deceiving others who I might preach to.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 06:39:01 AM »
It's also possible you might also be perceived as a hypocrite if you stay in a place that teaches against everything you believe in. Let me be clear; I'm not saying you ARE a hypocrite, I'm just saying that others might SEE you as one.

I can't tell you one way or the other how you should handle this situation because I don't know all the details of what would be involved in you leaving over what the ramifications would be in staying.

A

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 12:56:08 AM »
Thank you Ms. Jeanne, it helped.