Author Topic: School Rules concern  (Read 2719 times)

A

School Rules concern
« on: April 09, 2019, 04:14:41 AM »
As far as I know of, are students obligated to abide by school rules(public or private) in a matter of agreement in some form that comes with enrollment? Or is it only as a matter of students' choice and that they get punished for breaking the rules only? I honestly haven't researched the school's legal issues, but does anyone have any thoughts they are willing to share?

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: School Rules concern
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:11:01 AM »
What is the point of school? If one can read, can't they go and learn that what school is teaching already?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:14:53 AM »
You need to be a bit more specific in order for us to answer that question. What particular rules are you talking about? If it's a dress code issue, then you should just abide by it. On the other hand, if they want to force you to get vaccinated in order to attend (or some other serious issue like that), I would refuse and try to find some alternative home study programme.

A

Re: School Rules concern(Reply to Mr. Billy)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »
It appears that nowadays we go to school for the sake of getting a certificate for going tom a university. I'm planning to go to a military academy anyway instead of going by my own merits without getting a certificate or an equivalent etc.

A

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:05:37 PM »
What I meant was that the school may have rules that disallow "hate speech" and that maybe there is a legal document that I will abide by it(unconditionally) or that I have freedom to follow them or not, but I will accept any punishment imposed as a result of my actions. Any thoughts?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 09:49:02 AM »
In the United States students are "required" to follow the doctrine of the school and its instructors.  Even at Universities, certain statements can get you dismissed from programs or to fail courses, but university is optional. That does not even touch the feminism that is running rampant in the school systems and how girls are treated better than boys. If a young male doesn't act like the females, he is punished, failed, held back, or worse. 

I agree with Jeanne.  I pulled my sons from public school in 3rd grade.  We began to work on reading in earnest, using the Word of God, verse by verse until we had read the entire bible.  Then we started over again.  Now my boys are required to read on their own, and not just the bible, but books about people who were killed for the sake of the gospel, people sharing the gospel in foreign lands, and more! They have learned to repair small engines, fencing, raise chickens, drive, small business operation, and so much more!  We have had unique opportunities to see museums, take trips, camp, hike, learn about edible plants and so much more.  It has helped my boys, yes, but I have learned so much more!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 01:00:04 PM »
I am going to say when I was grade k through 12, every teacher I had enjoyed my goofy behavior, interesting ideas, and boyish antics. All except for one, Mrs. Hall, My third-grade teacher didn't like me at all. She would call my mom nearly every day for weeks on end but when I began to act better when I had colored dyes and other bad stuff from my diet, she didn't lift to finger to call my parents. All teachers I have ever had liked me and my ideas but she was the only one.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?