Author Topic: Might Have to Stop Using Youtube  (Read 231 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 41
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Might Have to Stop Using Youtube
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »
I may not be able to upload videos to Youtube anymore; I'm not sure yet. I don't want to jump the gun on knowing for sure, but after trying to trouble shoot this problem for three days, I've already had about enough of it.

It used to only take about two hours to upload one of the 2nd-half teachings to youtube as I have done for many years. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this week it took about 13 hours to get it done. I didn't change any of the processes I normally do. I do the same thing I've done for years, except Youtube was exceptionally slow.

Uploads to the internet archive where we have all our audio downloads went smooth as usual, which means there's nothing wrong with uploading on my end; it's purely a Youtube/Google issue. In searching for solutions, I've tried various things, and it's actually made the problem worse, to the point that Youtube will now not upload my videos at all, claiming that the files contain no video, which is not true.

I've tried it in a new browser to see if that would help, and I can upload them again (i.e. I just can't do it from Chrome anymore), but it still seems to be running slow. This is just an information post to let people know that I might have to stop using Youtube altogether if this doesn't clear up.

Also, please no suggestions on what to do from people who don't know anything about the matter and decide to google the first thing they can find, thinking they're helping by posting a link they found in a list of search results. Some people think I'm incapable of using a search engine, and I have to say this because I know a couple people on this forum who do that; that doesn't help. However, if you are familiar with the problem and want to help, you can send me an email and we can discuss it.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 35
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: Might Have to Stop Using Youtube
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
I know a lot of people who have been having trouble with YouTube (for various reasons) have switched to Vimeo. Just something you might want to consider if you can't get the current issue resolved.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:43:20 AM »
I noticed today when I tried checking the forum at lunchtime on my tablet that the forum site now crashes my browser all the time.  In the settings I turned Javascript off and it still crashes the browser.  Up until yesterday when the lastest Youtube video was posted to the site I hadn't had the problem. 

I don't need to use the tablet but this information may help in some way with the diagnosis or if someone else mentions they have a problem then you know they are not the only one.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »
I know a lot of people who have been having trouble with YouTube (for various reasons) have switched to Vimeo. Just something you might want to consider if you can't get the current issue resolved.

I thought Vimeo was temporary videos? I could be wrong. But if I understood right you have to have a certain type of account otherwise your videos are gone after a certain amount of days.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:16:41 AM »
Without even rebooting the browser worked flawlessly on my tablet at afternoon tea time.  Javascript was turned off, but even in this state it would crash every time yesterday.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
 Chris, were you able to resolve this problem?
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 41
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
Miraculously, it seems to be operating as normal this week. Hope and pray it stays that way.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 35
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »
I heard several YouTubers complaining last week about not being able to upload videos. They might have been making some changes.