Author Topic: Shalom. Torah Study.  (Read 1374 times)

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Shalom. Torah Study.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »
The KJV was originally known as the Authorized Version and also as the Holy Bible and the term the King James Version came along later.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/
The KJV, originally known as the Authorized Version, first published in the year 1611, is God's word in the English language without error.

My paper KJV I have at home only has Holy Bible printed on the front.

I would have looked further as to when the term King James Version became popular but I'm writing this from work first thing in the morning and have just run out of time.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 01:24:09 AM »
My head was spinning.  And then with all of the Shaloms.  I didn't realize you had to follow King James to read the KJV.  I didn't know he was still alive.   ;)

On the subject of people still alive I saw this interesting piece a while back so thought I might post it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2017-02-20/president-john-tyler-born-in-1790-still-has-2-living-grandsons
Feb. 20, 2017
President John Tyler, who served from 1841 to 1845, was born in 1790, died in 1862, still has two surviving grandsons.

There are also people still alive today who were alive when the Wright Brothers flew their aeroplane for the first time.  Things sure have changed a lot in the lifespan of a single person.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Wow, that was an interesting article! One of them said that his father was 75 when he was born and father's father (the president) was 63 when his father was born. I couldn't imagine having kids when I was that old...  :o

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
LOL  Yes that was why I thought it was interesting too.  It immediately made me think of Abraham and Sarah and the ages at which others had children in the old testament. 

I used to work with a guy and one day his teacher commented to him how nice she thought it was that his grandfather used to walk him to school every day.   ::) He is not my grandfather, he is my father.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 03:27:57 PM »
People always used to think that my dad and my grandmother were my parents and that my mum was my aunt or some other relative! LOL

Offline culture shock

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: billy
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
hello Jacob

you live in Lakewood wa? i am in Tacoma just for 15 days.  Jacob you are learning Hebrew, did you ever wonder why God used Hebrew for old testament but put his new testament into greek? 

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »
Billy, did you miss the bit under Jacob's name that says he's been banned from the forum? We don't allow people who claim to be Christians to come on here and teach false doctrine, especially after they have been warned and rebuked several times.

Offline culture shock

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: billy
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 01:46:40 AM »
lol i did not know that thanks for telling me.  is been banned mean cant come on at all or can read it just cant post?

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -4
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Wow, I feel sorry for the guy, it can tell how confused and mislead the world is. I began thinking he was just being informative and he had gotten out of the jewish religion(cult). It's almost scary and I'm a bit scared to run into one of these people irl... yet, everything sounds familiar. The fact that i live with one- so called "Jew" (when in reality my mom's from Puerto Rico) helps me study more.

The man would have need of prayer(if he wasn't so stubborn... Gods Word tells us we shouldn't even waste our time with this type because they're so far gone, which is very sad)
Jeremiah 11: 14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.

I know I haven't been posting much (don't have much to say). My life is simple, (maybe too simple) difficult to own/rent my own place but I glad to still have a place here.  :-[ ;D
Let us start a new day!