Author Topic: Looking for Analysis on this Anderson Video  (Read 7280 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Looking for Analysis on this Anderson Video
« on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking for quick one-liner of opinionated comments that some people here often give; I'm looking for a Biblical analysis of this from as many of you that are willing. I just want to see what other Christians have to say about this.

Please ignore the text on the video, it's obviously made by someone who is an Andersonite:

That is a link to a video of Steven Anderson firing one of his employees at his church building. The guy's name is Tyler Baker, and Baker's wife was in labor in the hospital while this was taking place. I highly doubt Anderson would have been willing to postpone being with his wife during the birth of his child for Baker's sake.

I want to make it clear that teaching "Jesus is the Father" which is what Baker claims to believe, is heresy. Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Father. So he believes in false doctrine.

Also, I believe Baker was a lazy employee, first from the phrase "I promise you that I..." *insert whatever excuse*. When you put the phrase "I promise I didn't," that usually indicates someone who really does lie on a regular basis. In addition to that, Baker confessed that his work record was worse than the other employees.

However, what I want you guys to comment on this, give quotes, and please give your Scripture, whatever comes to your mind, about Anderson's attitude and his choice of words during the incident. I appreciate your help on this one, thanks. I'll likely be adding this video to the teaching in which we're exposing Anderson in the near future.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Looking for Analysis on this Anderson Video
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking for quick one-liner of opinionated comments that some people here often give; I'm looking for a Biblical analysis of this from as many of you that are willing. I just want to see what other Christians have to say about this.

Please ignore the text on the video, it's obviously made by someone who is an Andersonite:
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IItGUaI8c9Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is a link to a video of Steven Anderson firing one of his employees at his church building. The guy's name is Tyler Baker, and Baker's wife was in labor in the hospital while this was taking place. I highly doubt Anderson would have been willing to postpone being with his wife during the birth of his child for Baker's sake.

I want to make it clear that teaching "Jesus is the Father" which is what Baker claims to believe, is heresy. Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Father. So he believes in false doctrine.

Also, I believe Baker was a lazy employee, first from the phrase "I promise you that I..." *insert whatever excuse*. When you put the phrase "I promise I didn't," that usually indicates someone who really does lie on a regular basis. In addition to that, Baker confessed that his work record was worse than the other employees.

However, what I want you guys to comment on this, give quotes, and please give your Scripture, whatever comes to your mind, about Anderson's attitude and his choice of words during the incident. I appreciate your help on this one, thanks. I'll likely be adding this video to the teaching in which we're exposing Anderson in the near future.

1 Peter 4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging. 10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Watching the video, this is clearly not happening here.  What Steven Anderson is saying is not at all charitable.  It is not instructing in the ways of righteousness at all.

1 Peter 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

Steven Anderson is obviously in the position of being an "elder" in that "church" but he is totally failing to feed this person who is a member of "the flock".  Steven Anderson is not being a fine example but is rather lording it over others and railing at others while doing it.  If the rest of their "flock" were to see this video they should be horrified as to how a member of the congregation is being spoken to by someone who is supposedly an elder in the church.  Also mentioned was these people being "employees" which is filthy lucre.  If people of God are going about God's business from donations they have been freely given then they are right in the sight of God as Paul was, but the moment they are using that money for salary or wages then a line has been crossed.

1 Peter 5:5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

I'm not seeing any humility with Steven Anderson as he is not being subject one to another in any way but he is certainly puffed up with his own pride as if he is something.  If Steven Anderson considers himself a bishop then he is failing on the follwing scripture also.

1 Timothy 3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

I don't see Steven Anderson having a good report of them which are without.  If non-believers see that video then they will not at all be getting a true picture of what is and what is not acceptable in God's church.

1 Corinthians 1 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Steven Anderson's raised voice and railing and whole attitude is that of someone who is glorying in themselves as if they are something.  If he was doing what a Christian should be doing then he would be meek and with humility and understand his own broken and sinful nature and the pit from which he has been pulled from and that it is only God who can ever be given glory.

There is just so much that is so wrong on every level that it is difficult to comment about the video.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Masha

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 03:23:31 AM »
Im sorry but while I was trying to look at the video, and read the accompaning info about the birth, I got sick to my stomach and feel I need to vomit.
This stuff just makes me sick. I have stayed away from all these teachings for a reason, what a waste of time! it's Allright to bring darkness to light but to dwell on these people that are so wicked and clearly ungodly from a mile away , it just does not work for me. I couldnt get through the video. Its abusive and evil. No matter what so called Biblical reasoning was taking place. All of this IS NOT OF GOD!

1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I can quote a whole lot more but these verses should allready be enough.
You may have a lot of biblical knowledge even all knowledge but without charity (Which lacks in everything this person seems to do) IT IS NOTHING!!!
and surely it has nothing to do with our Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Masha

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 03:45:21 AM »
I am sorry that I am not answering the question about giving an analysis, but I am just disgusted by all of it.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:41:29 AM »
James 1:9
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Joop

• BANNED
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 05:46:17 AM »
I couldn't watch the whole video. Too disgusting, like Masha said.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth  2 Tim 2:24-25

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23:02 AM »
I have stayed away from all these teachings for a reason, what a waste of time! it's Allright to bring darkness to light but to dwell on these people that are so wicked and clearly ungodly from a mile away , it just does not work for me.
That's interesting because I've been able to talk about a lot of doctrine and other teachings I've done during the series; teachings that others who are listening to this series have never heard before, and I've already received emails from people thanking me for teaching on those other subjects while I'm rebuking Anderson because now they have answers. There is more than one reason I do a "wolves in costume" series, and if people think it is only to "bring darkness to light," then you're missing a lot of the purpose. There are people who will listen to these things who won't listen to other teachings, often because when I teach on other things, they think they already know everything about it, so therefore, they would have nothing to learn, but again, as I said at the start of the series, I'm doing this to help grow discernment in others, and so if people want to skip those things, that's your business, but if anyone else here skips those and later fails to understand why they still can't discern people who come onto this forum, I can give them a pretty good reason for it.

If anyone else is too sickened to even hear such things, then I hope you're all praying well for men like Kenneth or Steve, who directly hear a lot more than this on a regular basis.
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
-1Co 9:24-25
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Masha

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
Im sure you talk about doctrine. I do not have much time to read or listen to things, as I am always bussy and in company. I currently try to make a heavier selection on what I dedicate my energy and time to. Steven Anderson is not on my list of priorities, and anyone who has a different life can make a different choice. Therefor I did not say it is wrong to do such teaching ( bringing darkness to light means to get into the Biblical doctrine, if not it has no purpose and would just be gossip.), which you kinda imply. I do not understand why you seem to have to disagree with me, even if I did not say what you say I said. I simply cannot stomach it, and that is because it is evil and too obvious to me. I have studied anderson a long time ago, and I have no desire to be bussy with him at all anymore. As you know discernment just like wisdom comes from God, and I do not neccesarily need to go through your teachings or anderson false doctrine to gain discernment.

I again apologise for not analysing the matter, as you requested. Maybe it would have been better not to react at all.

Masha

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
If your purpose was to adress anderson false doctrines from this video, I did not even get to hearing any doctrine in what I watched. What I saw and heard was manipulation, agression and abuse. So, in case there is something to learn from this, I obviously missed it. Im sorry.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 12:38:47 PM »
Therefor I did not say it is wrong to do such teaching ( bringing darkness to light means to get into the Biblical doctrine, if not it has no purpose and would just be gossip.), which you kinda imply.
"Which you kinda' imply?" That's not an argument Masha. That's your personal feelings getting in the way of facts. There was no implication there, and anyone else here can read and understand that.
imply: to involve or contain in substance or essence, or by fair inference, or by construction of law, when not expressed in words
"There is more than one reason I do a "wolves in costume" series, and if people think it is only to "bring darkness to light," then you're missing a lot of the purpose."
I clearly spoke of more than one singular puprose, and so to say that I even "implied" that you said it was wrong to do such a thing is something YOU made up. Again, as has been pointed out to you in the past, this is not the first time you've done this.

Now, if you want to talk about implication, there's something you implied that I don't appreciate:
"I do not neccesarily need to go through your teachings or anderson false doctrine to gain discernment."
No one said that you had to go through my teachings to gain discernment, but you lack a lot of discernment Masha. Your history of discussion with us has demonstrated that. So if you don't want to grit your teeth and get through a tough teaching that might help with that, that's your business. It's really none of my concern if you choose to listen or not, but if you don't want to hear, and care not for whether you're discerning the truth or not, then I will agree with you on one point you made:
"Maybe it would have been better not to react at all."
Especially since you didn't say much of anything that was edifying for everyone else. Kevin gave the best example of what I was asking for, and I appreciate him taking the time to write that out.

The one thing you did point out that was good was that without charity, all the knowledge in the world is nothing. That is correct, and edifying to the church.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 02:17:42 PM »
Not sure if I should put this on a new thread... because this is Christopher's thread, "Looking for Analysis on Anderson Video," but I want to address Masha (and these verses may apply to Anderson's behavior, as well)

Masha, why does it seem you have something against Christopher... why do you attack him with "sly" jabs?  You have always been doing this, it is wrong and this pains me, and I am tired of watching you do this.

Christopher spends his life, bringing the truth to hundreds of people.  My son and I, and many many others, are thankful for Christopher "bringing things to light."  God, and these teachings, have definitely helped my discernment. 

If you didn't have time to analyze, why did you make any comment? 
You say it made you sick... well, the whole world out there is evil and sick, everywhere we look. 
We can be strong in God, we hold onto Him, and keep going ... warning others of the evil that is out there.

And that is what Christopher is doing.  He is warning thousands of people, so they will not be blind and follow Anderson and other wolves...
you say this is "a waste of time"?  The Bible speaks about warning the people...
1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1 John 4:1-21 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Ezekiel 33:3 - If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Acts 20:31 - Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
1 Thessalonians 5:14 - Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Ezekiel 33:7 - So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
Ezekiel 3:21 - Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

Please stop and consider your behavior...
Christopher does not deserve to be treated this way.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 02:41:19 PM by Dee Babbitt »

Joop

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »
I watched part of the video and the comments here.
I want to state here: Steve Anderson as an abusive and violent man. And this video showed his true colors. I couldn't watch it all. It was really heavy stuff for a quite and nice saturday morning.
I guess (just guessing) these -full of violence video- triggered Masha to write what she wrote. (Again, just guessing).
I myself listened to (most) of the Steve Anderson serie. It was helpful for me. I learned a lot of how he manipulates people. But I just could only listen. Now in this video, by seeing Anderson, his violence has much more impact. Much more than just by listening.
Studying a violent man can be tough if you have a background of violence or occultism. Which I don't have, but I guess (just guessing) Masha does have.

I have stayed away from all these teachings for a reason, what a waste of time!
No, to me it is not a waste of time at all! And I am thankful to Chris he puts a lot of time and effort in this series.
That being said, I seems some people, like Masha, cannot handle this serie (yet?)
Again, just guessing.
God bless you all.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 06:06:32 PM by creationliberty »

Joop

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
That being said, I seems should be:...It seems. (my apologies)

Joop

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »
O no! I misspelled Chris' name. Can somebody please correct that?

Masha

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 05:47:02 PM »
One thing is sure. I should have restrained from posting anything. I am sorry I did.

Masha

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »
I cannot manage to respond more to Dee or Chris, its nighttime here.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
In this video Steven Anderson doesn't "Bible".

He is scolding this guy for his "oneness garbage" but he only one time he quotes part a Bible verse, and right after that he says "un-frikin'-believable."

Colossians 3:8 KJV  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, 👉filthy communication👈 out of your mouth.

These men obviously have a purely employer-employee relationship. Nothing about biblical Christianity or being brothers in Christ, ever.
Steven Anderson is thrashing this guy for the simple reason that he doesn't do what Steven Anderson tells him to do, nor does he meet his expectations.
Nothing at all about what the Lord expects from a disciple.

Philippians 2:3 KJV  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind 👉let each esteem other better than themselves.👈

I'm not sure if he is having an emotional fit or just putting on a show. I tend to lean toward the latter.  It's like he has some sort of a time quota to fulfill, so he just keeps blathering, accusing and yelling until the time is up or he feels satisfied. And then he tries to play the nice-guy routine feigning concern for his wife and child.

Luke 6:42 KJV  Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 👉Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye,👈 and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

"I promise to you pastor, I promise!"
That is just disgusting.

James 2:9 KJV  But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

""Oneness" means that Jesus is the Father. It's stupid doctrine. It's false. And I don't believe in it."
Steven Anderson appeals to himself as authority.

Steven Anderson uses the word "hell" on multiple occasions as a curse word.

James 1:26 KJV  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

"I told my wife. I told Roger Jimenez that you are a bad employee. Those are the only two people I told because I don't go around talking crap like you." 
Good grief! Only Steven Anderson pack so much hypocrisy into one statement.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 07:56:18 PM »
Ah, I didn't catch the name Jimenez. Yeah, that's the guy that basically worships Anderson. He started his own church and he basically regurgitates every teaching Steven Anderson does almost verbatim. That's why he's his "best friend." Now it makes sense.

I'm likely going to talk about this video tomorrow during the teaching, but I found it amazing that he said "I don't go around talking crap like you," and then proceeds to give a bunch of examples where Anderson himself went around "talking crap" about Baker.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 10:31:32 AM »
I just realised that my post was cut off.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:"
Pr 16:32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."

Steven Anderson's anger with the young man in the video seems to increase the longer he speaks to him, almost as if his anger is feeding off itself. He is certainly frustrated and it seems rightfully so but his conduct does not become a man who leads the flock.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.
Tyler should have walked out of that meeting within the first few minutes, especially considering his wife being in labour. Anderson's aim was not to properly chasten or correct him but to hurl abuse and accusations and wound him.

It is the height of hypocrisy for Steven Anderson to claim he loves that young man and treat him so shabbily.
Tyler's manner does indicate someone dealing deceitfully when he says things like that is not exactly what he said. He is being defensive, the occasional arm folding and other mannerisms tells me the accusations likely have a basis in fact, however the handling of the conflict is not orderly after the manner of one professing faith in GOD. If I had no idea that this was Steven Anderson or connected key phrases with something to do with a church building I would never have connected these people to CHRIST.
Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
 18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ
 19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Steven Anderson's profession of Christ is negated by his actions and this brings not only him but genuine followers of CHRIST into disrepute because all will be tarnished by his conduct due to him not living up to his confession.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 12:54:01 AM »
This scripture was at the back of my mind but I just couldn't get to it until just now: 2 Timothy 2:24 KJV
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,