Author Topic: Prophetic Timeline  (Read 3731 times)

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Michael
  • Belief: Other
Prophetic Timeline
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
Can anyone,in this CLE group, see what time it is on a eschatology level? Can anyone see how close we are to the beginning of the 70th week?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Prophetic Timeline
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
Wasn't the 7th week a prophecy about Christ coming to die on the cross?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:41:43 PM »
We don't really delve into eschatology all that much here because pretty much all of it is speculation at this point. We're more concerned with the doctrine of salvation and how to live a life pleasing to the Lord. If we can accomplish that, the end doesn't really matter one way or the other because we know we'll be taken care of either in this life or the next.

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Michael
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 01:10:07 PM »
Jeanne,

You do have your priorities in the correct order, Amen that. But your comment- "the end doesn't really matter one way or the other", I'd have to dispute  this statement a tad. Approximately 25 % of the Bible is written addressing "the end" so it's fair to say that God wants us to understand the times we are in, yes?

I've found that the current events intrigue those that have never considered the Truth of the Bible. I believe God wanted us to fully understand how the story ends so we can explain the crazy events to those that begin to search for answers as these times unfold. This year alone, I've witnessed Gods truth to many who have come, via repentance, to whole heartedly accept the blood on the cross as remissions for their evil hearted sins and thus have been born again. What a beautiful way to serve our Lord, yes?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:33 PM »
I've found that the current events intrigue those that have never considered the Truth of the Bible. I believe God wanted us to fully understand how the story ends so we can explain the crazy events to those that begin to search for answers as these times unfold. This year alone, I've witnessed Gods truth to many who have come, via repentance, to whole heartedly accept the blood on the cross as remissions for their evil hearted sins and thus have been born again. What a beautiful way to serve our Lord, yes?
As I stated in another thread, my caution of Mat is increasing. It's interesting that Jeanne was correct; much of the events of Revelation are speculation at this point because we don't know for certain all the specific details of which everything will play out. We only have a general understanding of the events that will occur, and we will wait to see what happens.

Because that simple thought counters Mat's focus on conspiracies rather than the doctrine, Mat seeks to counter that by saying that "current events intrigue unbelievers." And there's the problem: Mat is trying to bring unbelievers to the Gospel through another means aside from what Jesus taught us to do.
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
-Luke 24:46-47
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
-Gal 3:22-25

Notice this passage does not say that the scripture hath concluded all in ignorance of end times, nor does it say that the knowledge of conspiracies brings us unto Christ. Therefore, the focus we tend to have is the doctrine of salvation, which is the hearing of the law unto unbelievers, that they come to repentance of sin and faith in the blood of Christ.

It's very similar to my focus on "creation science" and "dinosaurs" early on in my ministry. I focused on worldly subjects instead of focusing on the Gospel of Christ, and therefore, my heart had to be changed to be in line with the truth of God's Word, remembering that we are here for His service to preach His Gospel to the lost, not to entertain them with dinosaurs.

If God wanted us to fully understand how the story ended in full detail, He would have given us full detail, with names, locations and specific times. He did not want that; instead, He wants us to live by faith in Him, and by His grace, gave us a generalized understanding of what's coming, not that we would emerge ourselves in conspiracies, but rather, learn to do that which is good.
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
-Romans 16:17-20

There's nothing wrong with studying Revelation, don't misunderstand; it is a book of the Bible, and I've been falsely accused on a number of occasions of "trivializing" Revelation. (I'm starting to get that vibe from Mat too.) Rather, I try to put emphasis on the fact that very few Christians I meet have a good understanding of Christ's doctrine, despite their belief that they do, and there is a very good reason that Revelation is at the end of the Bible.

Revelation was written by the Holy Spirit, and Revelation is only understood via the Holy Spirit. To dive into Revelation first, which is what Mat would be leading unbelievers to do, without understanding of the Gospel of Christ, is a grave mistake because false converts trying to make sense of Revelation without the Holy Spirit of God is exactly how many cults get started.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:13-14

Again Mat, the more you write, the more cautious I'm becoming.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »
I have tried to fully understand Revelation for years, and I still can not. As pointed out that is for a reason.
God made it so. Nowadays I have no time to thoroughly study so I cannot get into all that is said about Revelation.
I just wanted to share my thought on it. Isn't the essence of all of it that we are watchful for the Lords coming and that when He comes He will find us doing what is pleasing in His sight. As faithful servants.

Matthew 24: 42, Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
    43, But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
    44, Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

As we do not know, we should live, as if, He could come every moment.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:40:01 PM by Masha »

Masha

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
As we do not know, we should live, as if, He could come every moment. No matter what happens in the world around us.

Masha

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
Im sorry I messed up the post. I tried to edit, but it didnt work and Im to tired to figure out how to do it... I apologise.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 10:07:47 PM »
You only have 30 minutes from when the post is originally made to make edits. After that the edit function turns off.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
Wow he did not last long.  25 post and band. I don't really believe him that he led many people to jesus little alone by using revelation

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 06:46:32 PM »
It's not to say that a man cannot see the prophecies of Scripture and come to faith in the Christian God of the Bible, but the problem is that if he doesn't acknowledge his guilt of sin and come to repentance, the knowledge of prophecy is meaningless.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
The only way one can acknowledge his guilt of sin is by the giving of the law. Reading all his post it seem he only came to convert others into his cult. I wonder what the hole government and Cia thing was all about. I hardly believe he is that special to get big time government agencies after him all at once.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »
Well, even if, as he stated in his other posts, that the world was coming to an end within the next year or two, and that Donald Trump was going to rule as the final antichrist along with the "black pope," then what does that change for us? We still preach repentance and remission of sins; that doesn't change. That's why when Jesus told us to watch, what it means that is we will be vigilant in our duties to Christ, even to the end, when things get REALLY hard. It's not that He expects us to sit and stare at the sky when we see the final signs, but rather, if you read Luke 12 thoroughly, you'll see that those who Jesus is pleased with are those who know He is returning, and do those things which are pleasing in His sight, even until the moment He returns, keeping the bedchamber of the Master pristine and ready for his coming.