Author Topic: I know someone having a baby/babies through science  (Read 1613 times)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
I know someone having a baby/babies through science
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:14:53 PM »
Test tube babies is people messing around with things they shouldn't be.  It is God who either allows you to have children or not have children.

Okay, but this would be another topic to discuss.

There is a divorced woman, who I considered a friend. Right now, I am hard pressed to define what we are. I mentioned to the church via Skype last year that she wanted to have a baby via artificial insemination from a sperm donor. She is adamant that anyone that thinks she's wrong should show her the exact scripture in the Bible. Nothing I have said about the problems of the situation made any impact on her and last week, I think, she shared that she is now pregnant. I really wrestled with myself about what to say now that the matter has come to the stage it is. I am concerned about her (because of the divorce - the lack of a child put a strain and contributed to the divorce and her decision to have this child) but I am even more concerned about the consequences of her decision for the child.

I am struggling to see how I can stay friends with someone who it seems doesn't hold GOD in the esteem I thought she did and I am wondering what kind of a friend it would make me to abandon someone who is clearly in crisis. I fear that her decision making stems from the emotional battering she took through the divorce. There are a number of other factors that I consider to contribute to the lack of wisdom of this decision even if I didn't consider the spiritual implications. One of them is how much she works (A LOT). This has really been bothering me but I just laid it aside because there is nothing I can do. I have reasoned to no avail.
I really needed to at least talk about it.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: I know someone having a baby/babies through science
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »
I know this probably doesn't help at all, but I would have called her out for being a liar. If the Lord God wanted her to have a child in her current situation, He would have done it the same way He did it for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He would have given her a husband and permitted her to conceive. Now, she believes, in her own feminist-style of arrogance, that she can fulfill the role of mother AND father on her own. If she succeeds, she'll be the first woman in history to accomplish it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: I know someone having a baby/babies through science
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 09:31:45 AM »
I have to agree with Chris. 

She is putting a baby in the place of God.  She is seeking the baby instead of Godly wisdom.  She is trying to fill the void with a baby instead of Christ.

I say this having done something similar (for another discussion) but I also had to repent of that.  So even as I exercise righteous judgement, I have to examine my own life as well.

What do any of us use to fill voids in our lives?  If it is anything but the Lord and His Word, we are seeking the wrong things.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13