Author Topic: Realistic song!!  (Read 10788 times)

Jephte21

Realistic song!!
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »
this song speak a lot of truth. I find it interesting and wanted to share it with you guys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paZVx_g0sc

I would like to know you guys thoughts about this song.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Realistic song!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:13:18 AM »
I couldn't watch it. That's not my style of music for one thing and when you have somebody stopping it after every line to give commentary, that just drives me nuts.

I didn't hear anything in the first couple of lines of the song that were glorifying to God, though.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »
First off, the song is so self-centered. I keep hearing all of the self-centered I's and my's. I also keep hearing all of the vain repetitions. Then there is the fact that one of the people there is effeminate with his long hair. I also don't like how the video is entitled "PASTOR reacts to NF-OH Lord" it is similar to videos where an "expert" reacts to something. I am talking about videos like "Real paleontologist reacts to Jurassic World" or "Real doctor reacts to the good doctor". It is a form of respecting persons where people will automatically believe these people because they are a "real expert" on these subjects.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jephte21

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:38:06 PM »
The guy who sung this song is a christian, you might think that he is not because is a rapper but the truth will surprise you. there's nothing wrong listening to those style of music because it is God who gives us our talent.

Beautifuldisaster

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »
I agree about the commentary in between is hard to get through. As we may agree to disagree on certain views but with that said it is a beautiful song with a beautiful voice behind it! In my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing! God bless!

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
I agree with you caleb. I have no reason to listen to the hole thing. The bible say it is shameful for a man to have long hair

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 441
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
I would like to know you guys thoughts about this song.
So basically, you lied when you said you wanted to know what we thought about the song. People are giving you what they think, and you're here debating it. If you really wanted to know what we thought, you'd have thanked those who commented for their thoughts. Instead, the truth is that you wanted us to say whatever you wanted to hear; so don't deceive people.

I didn't even want to take a look at it at first because you didn't bother to actually say anything in your post. It was basically, "Here's a link guys, tell me what you think." That's exactly what I've tried to explain to people on the forum that we ought not to do because this is not a social media site.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0
There was nothing of substance in your post. This is a place of discussion, not a place for you to dump links whenever you have a feeling about something.

First of all, I see a young man who has long hair, when he ought not to have long hair. I cover that in much more detail here:
https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/hair.php

He says, "The song is called 'Oh Lord,' it's just about how he sees things." What does he means by "he?" Is it about how God sees things, or is it about how the author of the song sees things? If it's about the author, then it's not worship of God. If it's about God, then there better be a lot of Scriptural allusions in it.

"When I die put my ashes in a trash bag,
I don't care where they go,
Don't waste your money on my grave stone,
I'm more concerned about my soul.
"

So it's about the author, and so it's not worship of God. I think Caleb mentioned this earlier, but it's all about "my, me, and I," not about the Lord God. So calling it, "Oh Lord," seems to be a contradiction just from the first four lines. It's just like every other new-age "gospel" song that is focused on self instead of God, and I talk about that a lot more here:
https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/music.php

That pastor is trying to say that God puts value in bones because Joseph mentioned his bones in his burial? I guess he gets bonus points for attempting to protect his funeral traditions so he makes more money. God puts value in the spirit, not in the flesh.

"Oh Lord, Oh Lord,
Do you see us down here?
Oh Lord, Oh Lord,
Do you see us down here?
Oh Lord, Oh Lord,
Do you see us down here?
Oh Lord, Oh Lord.
"

This is getting old really fast. Apparently, this guy doesn't believe in the same omniscient God that I do because he has to question whether or not God sees things.

"Yeah, everybody wants change,
Don't nobody wanna' change though
"

Wow, that is not true. It's the desire for things to NOT change (i.e. keeping the status quo) is the reason people can't get saved in the first place. That's why people hang on to tradition, especially in church buildings, and won't follow the Word of God. The reason parents fail, the reason businesses fail, the reason people are deceived by traditions, and the reason people end up in hell is all because people reject change (i.e. conversion), not because they want it. This song is a lie.
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
-Romans 3:10-12
Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
-Acts 28:26-27

This guy is writing this song under the same new-age narrative that everyone really wants to know God, and that everyone is suffering, when that is not the case. If they aren't going to hear the Word of God, straight from the Lord Jesus Christ, they are definitely not going to hear some new-age "rapper" who thinks he's found the truth.

You might be able to say on the one hand that someone might want change if their life is miserable, but most people love to remain in the sin and not change because they feel good. The Bible didn't say that people in the latter does were going to hate their lives and be miserable, it says they would love themselves and be lifted up in their pride, boasting of their so-called "love" and their feelings:
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
-2 Timothy 3:1-5
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
-John 12;25

If everyone is really miserable inside and hates their lives, I guess everyone's going to heaven. Of course, we know that's not the case.

"Don't nobody wanna' pray,
Till they got something to pray for.
"

I'm done. I'm not wasting my time listening to this garbage feigning itself to be "Christian" worship, nor do I want to sit here and listen to a leavened pastor try to feed me more garbage in which he doesn't understand the Word of God either. Where is Christ's victory on the cross against the sin of man? Where is the repentance of sin, the guilt of wrongdoing, and God's mercy? This is a bunch of new-age poetic nonsense that has nothing to do with the worship of God, nor the truth of His doctrine.

The guy who sung this song is a christian, you might think that he is not because is a rapper but the truth will surprise you. there's nothing wrong listening to those style of music because it is God who gives us our talent.
You are deceiving yourself. This is not about a "style," this is about truth, and how leavened and corrupt "music artists" teaching false doctrine disguise their lies as "truth" behind their "style."
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
-James 1:26

If you think this song is "realistic," then you do not understand the doctrine of Christ, and you're in desperate need of repentance.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
I once too use to listen to "Christian" rap, but today I don't. I don't listen to any music now.

I know this is off topic but Jephte I grew up in Spanaway. We might have met before. I was the one with many trick out cars with the loudest stereo. I know first hand that all the church are leven. My main church was elk plane community church. Next to bethel high school. I understand how hard it is there when you come to the truth in Christ and the rest of everyone starts to abandon you.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »

What evidence do you have that he is a Christian? I don't see or hear anything about repentance anywhere.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php

I went to his website and there's no 'about' section anywhere. It's just a marketing site where he sells his music, merchandise and concert tickets. He has a love of money, not a love for God.

You've been rebuked before about coming on here and 'asking' for opinions when all you wanted to do was trot out your own point of view. If you continue with this type of deception, I won't just mute you. Next time, I'll ban you permanently. You've been warned.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 08:07:17 PM »
You've been rebuked before about coming on here and 'asking' for opinions when all you wanted to do was trot out your own point of view. If you continue with this type of deception, I won't just mute you. Next time, I'll ban you permanently. You've been warned.
One of the reasons I didn't want that for Jephte (i.e. to be removed from here) is because I want him to (hopefully) read the next book I'm coming out with on psychology. He's claimed he has "mental illnesses" that don't exist, and taking psychotropic drugs (i.e. sorcery), and he needs to understand the truth of the matter. However, I have considered removing him before because he's got a history of making claims or accusations on this forum, and then when being addressed on them, he doesn't answer for himself, which indicates there's a serious problem with him spiritually.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 10:11:45 PM »
I can understand your reluctance and the reasons for it, Chris, but the type of behaviour he has exhibited now and in the past would not be tolerated from anyone else and I don't believe we should make exceptions for him because of his supposed 'mental illnesses'. Would that not also fall under the 'respecting of persons' category?

I can also understand your desire for him to read your book but as long as he can use his mental problems as an excuse for his sin, he's not going to listen to anything you have to say on the matter.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 10:36:42 PM »
How is it that I respected his title or rank? I've done two full teachings on that, and I still think people don't seem to understand it. Also, I never said he had a mental illness... I said such a thing doesn't exist, and I just want him to see the truth of the matter, to give him a chance to hear before we send him on his way.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 12:44:14 AM »
Respecting persons does not just deal with title or rank:

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

I understand this verse to be saying that not only should you not show favour to a rich person because of their position, but that you should also not show favour to a poor person because you feel sorry for them. Please correct me if I am wrong in this.

In this case, would it be considered respecting his person to make an exception to forum policy because of his perceived condition?

I know he doesn't have a 'mental illness', and that you never said he did, but he thinks he does and he's using that as an excuse for bad behaviour, which is why I don't think he's going to want to hear the truth about the matter.

If he behaves himself until such time as your book is finished, there won't be a problem. Any more shenanigans of the sort we've been seeing, however, I'll at least mute him and bar him from posting. As I said before, what he's been doing would not be tolerated from anyone else here on the forum.

As a matter of fact, I have felt for some time that banning people from even seeing the forum is not quite the right thing to do as long as there's a way to keep them from posting anything.

Anyway, we'll see if Jephte is willing to take rebuke without arguing about the matter and instead show a willingness to be corrected.

Beautifuldisaster

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 03:21:53 AM »
This is so sad to see. We are to be so much more than critical and impatient or unloving to our brothers and sisters.  Please delete my account. Thank you!

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 08:43:08 AM »
This is so sad to see. We are to be so much more than critical and impatient or unloving to our brothers and sisters.  Please delete my account. Thank you!
Celeste, we are unsure whether Jephte is even saved. There is a lot here that you don't understand because you just joined us. You need to first gain understanding of what's going on, then making a judgment call. If one instance of conflict sends you running, then you need to grow in the Lord Jesus Christ, learn to judge righteous judgment, and be able to discern matters properly according to His Word.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
-Hebrews 5:14

Stop judging according to the appearance of things, and start judging righteous judgment; both you and Jephte need to learn this.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Unbiblical Cop-Outs: 'Don't Judge Me!'

If you can't handle these types of things, how is it, do you think, you will be able to handle persecution and tribulation? If you thought a life lived for the Lord Jesus Christ was just all peaches and cream and happy-go-lucky fun time, then you did not believe in the Jesus of the Bible.
But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon [i.e. quickly] with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
-Matthew 13:20-21

If you actually came to repentance, then show us a spirit that reflects that love for Christ, and not just turn into your own inner feelings.
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
-Acts 26:20

Jeanne, yes, I will correct you when I get home later; I don't have time right now because I gotta' go. I'm really getting tired of, over the years, being falsely accused of respecting persons on all ends of the spectrum on this forum. This needs to stop. I did a teaching on this, then a few years later (more recently), did another teaching on this due to the lack of understanding I was seeing on the matter to try and clear things up, and now here we are again; this is a little ridiculous that folks who have studied with us for a long time now would not be able to see the difference between patience and mercy, verses respecting persons.
Respecting Persons Is Sin

Chris

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »
We are to be so much more than critical and impatient or unloving to our brothers and sisters.

Christians are to obey the bible. We are not to obey you or any man.  The bible says to rebuke sin openly.  Doing so will edify each other. 

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.  (1 Timothy 5:20, KJV)

The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.  (Proverbs 9:10, KJV)

I think you belong to the group that has the don't judge mentality.  Not only is this view wrong, it is dangerous.  If you coddle someone's sin, they will not be convicted to repentance.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.  (Galatians 3:24, KJV)

When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.  (Mark 2:17, KJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »
Christians are to obey the bible. We are not to obey you or any man.  The bible says to rebuke sin openly.  Doing so will edify each other. 
That's right. If you love people, you tell them the truth, but running off in a childish fit isn't loving towards us. Perhaps you need to reflect on your own heart Celeste.
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
-2Co 13:5

Now to address Jeanne:
I know he doesn't have a 'mental illness', and that you never said he did, but he thinks he does and he's using that as an excuse for bad behaviour, which is why I don't think he's going to want to hear the truth about the matter.
You might be right, but never have I come to any of you when you wanted to have longsuffering, mercy, and patience on someone and accuse you all of sin.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
-Gal 5:22-23

I have told you all in times past that you are wasting your time with some people, and so I've tried to help everyone exercise discernment so they could tell the difference between the two, but I think it's absurd for any of us to accuse another of sin when we are trying to be patient with someone that they would hear the truth.
Jephte is on medication, which means he's taking drugs, and perhaps he won't listen, but Jeanne, you would be a complete hypocrite, along with all the rest of the church, for having patience and mercy on Severius for the same thing. We've had to deal with him recently on this matter, and we've tried to have patience on him, but no one was accused of respecting his person.
If you'll recall, I'm the only one who has put any punishments on Jephte's account thus far; I'm the one who did that muting. So to accuse me of respecting his person is an accusation that has no basis of evidence to back it up, and furthermore, it's hurtful to me that when I try to open up my heart to practice patience of longsuffering with someone, I get attacked for it from someone else within the church.

The reason I haven't kicked Jephte out is because he doesn't respond. I ask him to explain himself, and respond to the things that are being said to him, and he typically remains vague and doesn't respond much. It's easier to discern someone who responds directly, like how Celeste just did, but Jephte hasn't really given a direct response, nor has he fought against us on any of these matters, and thus, I've tried to be a bit more patient with him, but the past couple of interactions I've been firm with him because he needs to stop this nonsense because there are problems with him on a spiritual level, and no amount of "psychiatric institutions" are going to solve it.

When I get the book done, and he reads, and he rejects it, then by all means, remove him from the forum. However, I want to give him a chance to hear the truth and come to repentance because, so far, he hasn't thrown a childish fit and demanded to have his account deleted.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »
You're right, Chris and I apologise. I should know better by now than to fire off a reply when I'm irritated and I am losing patience with Jephte when all of our interactions thus far have been as you described.

I had no problem being merciful to Severius because he was a member of our church, we've had a LOT of interaction with him, and he showed such promise at one point. That hasn't been the case with Jephte and we barely know him.

Please forgive me for yet again allowing emotion to override sound reasoning. I'm very sorry for causing you more pain when you are going through so much right now. There's no excuse for me losing my temper like that and I feel especially bad that my behaviour has very likely chased away a fairly new Christian.

I hope Celeste reads the rest of these replies but I fear she may have left already.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 04:50:19 PM »
I am torn by this. I do not know is you guys know this but there are laws in wa state that can force you to take drugs and if you refuse to take them then they lock you up in mental hospital. I know first hand about this because my sister is going threw all this right now. Her problem has to be do to the darn video games that cause her mental health to crash one day. The point I am making is they make her take drugs that is destroying her health and if she stop taking them she gets sent back to what I would call prison. For Jephte I do not know if he is under this crazy law like my sister. I am not justify his behavior for some law or drug. What I am trying to get at is we may lack some information. If you want to see what some of the grugs do to your mind on thinking just get into a normal conversation with my sister and you will see most what she say is veg.

Jephte is probably been rebuke on just about every thing he has and if I remember right even mute. But let me ask you guys something how many others have been and yet are still here? 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 05:08:21 PM »
There are some.

I'm working on that book now, and I keep pushing just about every day to finish more of it, but there's so much to cover; it's just going to take time.