Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p9  (Read 2227 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p9
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Chris

Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p9
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:45:24 AM »
I found your comments around family gatherings interesting.  You asked something about why people need holidays for an excuse to gather. 

I was talking to my wife over the weekend about how it is strange that family members that aren't "living right" are welcomed around holidays.  For example, I had a family member that was heavily addicted to opioids that had no interest in being around family, and the family had no interest being around her.  In the name of Christmas, they invited her to the dinner.  As a result, her kids saw her in a comatose state.  Not only are people accepting of a tradition that is sinful, they accept sinful behavior that they  normally would not.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »
Chris, I would have to say that if they didn't invite her they would have been seen as uncaring and cruel people. "How dare you not invite her? It's Christmas!" I can imagine that being an excuse.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »
You said it right: "In the name of Christmas." If they were to meet with this woman "in the name of Christ" instead, then it would be as an intervention, to help her get clean of her sin and believe on the name of the Son of God for her aid, but good understanding and discernment is always put aside in the name of tradition.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18