Author Topic: Paganism in 'original' King James 1611 Bible  (Read 608 times)

Offline hashed

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: yeb
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Paganism in 'original' King James 1611 Bible
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
Did you go on and read that? What Hall wrote? It's incredibly speculative. Normally, Hall writes things as a matter of fact, but in this instance, he speculates a lot that he doesn't evidence for. Read it for yourself, he goes on to point out three lines in one of Shakespeare's plays that each line starts with the letters B A C, and therefore, he claims, it's referring to Francis Bacon and the secret key number 33 because it is three letters, and therefore, he's claims, that's evidence that the text of the KJB is Masonic.

Just scanned it, in my understanding it's just a writing about Shakespeare. I don't care about Shakepeare.

It's definitely true that Shake and speare appears in Psalm 46.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalm_46

But this does not proof anything.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 42
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
Well, you might consider me a devil's advocate for disagreeing with you, but I thought the Psalm 46 with 46 translators to the 46 words from start to finish was actually somewhat substantial evidence that I would consider. However, you're correct, but I would add in the word that it doesn't CONCLUSIVELY prove anything; rather, it is simply evidence that might suggest a connection.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »
The 'sculpture of an hand in hand' is described in the book as being a marriage.

There is something strange going on with Salomo in the charts.

In this video Salomo (right at the bottom) is connected to Lot on page 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSilhDTsCU&t=18m0s

In my the version that I downloaded from

http://originalbibles.com/PDF_Downloads/KJV1611.pdf

on the same page in the same position the name mentioned is 'Rehoboam' (son of Salomo).

So apparently there are multiple versions of the scanned KJV.

The link between Baalis and Naamah (page eight) is using a symbol described as
"Those whose Parents are not certainly knowne, but are named of their Country, Citie, or Tribe, are ioined each under other, with this figure here in the margent."

I don't understand why they added this here because Solomon and Rehoboam are on page 33 as descendants from David.

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
Well, you might consider me a devil's advocate for disagreeing with you, but I thought the Psalm 46 with 46 translators to the 46 words from start to finish was actually somewhat substantial evidence that I would consider. However, you're correct, but I would add in the word that it doesn't CONCLUSIVELY prove anything; rather, it is simply evidence that might suggest a connection.

For me Psalm 46 is hard to understand, but I tried to compare it with other translations (again).

The words shake and speare are valid in the context and also used in older translations.

"the mountaines shake with the swelling thereof"
"and cutteth the speare in sunder"

So if a change was made only to get the two words on the right positions in the text, it would have been small changes. I would probably not have noticed the difference anyway.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
Hundreds of millions of people will be in Heaven because of the cleaned-up King James Bible. ...

I don't see this. If the same people were/are using for example the Bishops Bible, would they not go to heaven?

I agree.  I was originally just going to cut that incorrect sentence out.  Once God has His hand on someone and they are truly born again then that is how they are saved.  I'm pleased you picked up on this.  I left that sentence in knowing that it would maybe prompt you to comment on it.

Trying to get correct sources of information is very difficult.  There are people out there who are also intentionally "muddying the water" to try and obscure what is fact from what is fiction.  The discussion has been fruitful at least in causing people to think more about how we got our Bible and therefore making sure and knowing that what we have in our hands is God's word.  Not once did I ever see any teaching in the church buildings about the history of the Bible.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 10:19:29 PM »
Here is what claims to be a scanned copy of the original 1611 KJV Bible. All of the artwork printed in the first edition appears to be there but since I have never seen the original version, I have no way of knowing whether this is a true copy of the first edition or not.

https://archive.org/stream/holybiblefacsimi00polluoft#page/n5/mode/2up

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 08:57:39 AM »
This topic feels like a waste of time. The book of A.W. Pollard gives many details about the project.

"In October 1610 John Speed had obtained a privilege from the king enabling him for then years to saddle every edition of the Scriptures with his decoratively printed but useless Genealogies, and so the cost of the book was needlessly increased by from sixpence to two shillings a copy, according to the size."

In the "Report to the Synod of Dort" (1618/1619)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Dort#Bible_translation

"The rules laid down for the translators were of this kind:
Lastly, that a very perfect Genealogy and map of the Holy land should be joined to the work."

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »
Thanks for posting this Yeb.  I'll have a further look tonight as it seems it might give a lot more clarity to the situation.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
 I don't want to cause trouble here, but may I point out: why would you present the topic at all if you think it is a waste time?
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
... Both Pilgrim and Puritan leaders immediately rejected the KJV, based upon the Satanic symbolism they instantly recognized. Even Anglican pastors -- who are supposed to take orders from Headquarters without murmur, complaint, or resistance -- rebelled, refusing to take out their beloved Geneva Bibles and put in the new King James Bibles, filled with all these Satanic symbols. ...

I think they exaggerate the situation here. I do not believe this. I do not know where they found this information (or story). Other sources give a different picture.

The extra information added to the Bishops' Bible is quit the same as the KJV. It also has the Holy Days, saints, Easter Calculation, some strange pictures.

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »
I don't want to cause trouble here, but may I point out: why would you present the topic at all if you think it is a waste time?

Because I had the question. I just finished the article about Easter. After reading that I was thinking 'why do they add a method to calculate the date of easter to this Bible?'. I had never seen this before.

But those people might have a different point of view on this topic. Jehovah's Witnesses make a big deal about not celebrating easter, almost all other people don't even think about this.

It is also easy to remove some pages and/or use some paint. That would solve the problem.

To get all the facts on this issue would take years, that is just too much.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
Hey Yeb, in your Original post you asked :
Is it an Abomination for God to have such a book in home or church?

i think God is not pleased with the pagan stuff in that Bible, but I don't believe it's an abomination to have it in your home.
I have been deeply into the occult. A book has no power, images have no power. But only what people add to it.
So having that book shouldnt be a problem, unless you persive it to be. If it distracts you from rreading the Word, then get rid of it.
I dont have time to get into all the details discussed in this thread. I think it is wise and good to avoid certain symbols and occult things, but I don't believe it needs to become an obsession. We live in satans world, there's nothing we can do about it, and God knows.