Author Topic: Gday From Australia  (Read 4248 times)

Mozzie

Gday From Australia
« on: March 12, 2019, 07:33:33 PM »
A little bit about me. I started taking an interest in religion in my 20s, i got caught up with the Jehovah's Witnesses where i studied with them to the point of becoming an Unbaptized Publisher, that means that i went out in the field service knocking on doors talking to people, getting the negativity with it all also. After a while i started hearing some things about the Watchtower and started to investigate the organization, a big no no. and if found out you get dragged before a committee of Elders. I suddenly realized i was in a cult as to which they are but it took me almost 20 years to get over the psychological impact of their lies. The main thing was i started to study the Greek interlinear and saw where their Bible was all mistranslated and delved more and more into it.

I got so confused because of the brainwashing tactics they use i decided to pray. So one day i got down on my knees and prayed to God, i still get goose bumps remembering this. I asked God straight out if the Watchtower were his only true organization on Earth and if it was where he wanted me to be. Not long after this, i got told about JWFacts, JWSurvey and all the you tube videos about the coverups and court cases that the Watchtower to this day are still trying to cover up and getting massive fines for what they have done. That is when i saw the translations in the Greek against their Bible. Giving way to doubt i prayed to God again and asked him if it was him directing me away from the Organization.

I thought that perhaps Satan had heard my prayer and took the opportunity to lead me away from God.

Anyway not to long after that i was doing some study on the Gospels and i can across Luke 11:11,12 or one very similar to its content and at that moment i froze, it was like i couldn't move, tears started to run down my cheeks but i wasn't crying, and then this feeling like millions of tinkles and a slight numbness went from my head down. And this feeling was so overwhelming, and it was like the feeling was telling me that God had answered my prayer. This i tell you is the truth on that day this happened. After that i stopped going to the meetings, i started to read the Bible for myself and not the JWs Bible but i have the NKJV and a few other Bibles and the Septuagint that i am reading now.

I am yet to be baptized and i don't go to a Church as i don't feel i need to, Churches today can be corrupted an all through history that proves it to be, Christ is Head of the Church, we are the Church, all the believers in Christ. But where i am i don't have association of fellow believers. Anyway that is my story so far in my journey to seek God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength.

I first found Christopher Johnson website when i was looking up marriage as i am not married but have a partner with great kids, we are de facto by law as we have been together for over 20 years now i think. After reading Christopher Johnson study on marriage and the pagan origins behind it, it was like weight of my mind and a prayer answered.

So looking forward to joining in and getting to know everyone. Sometimes i may vanish for a week or so due to life commitments, but not gone :)  ..   

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Gday From Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »
I enjoyed reading that; it was wonderful testimony of Christ and the repentance He gives us. It is rare to see an ex-JW come to repentance like that, and it was just wonderful to hear; I'm sure you have a lot of very interesting perspectives to share with us, so I'm glad you're here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Jehovah's Witness teaching I did too, so I hope you get around to that eventually.

There are some things I would love to show you, but I don't want to overwhelm you with anything; I'm just glad the Lord Jesus Christ has allowed us to be of some service to you.

Just to make sure, you put your belief as "Other," was that on purpose or an accident?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:35:35 PM »
Hi Brad, nice to see another Aussie here! Although technically, I'm an American Aussie. I moved to Melbourne 11 years ago from Texas. Where in Aus are you?

Wow, so much has happened to you! I'm so thankful you found your way out of the JWs. I know you're probably overwhelmed already with all of the reading you're already doing but I just wanted to let you know that we use the KJV exclusively here. Chris has an article on that too, but like I said, I know you're doing a lot of other reading at the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, too!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:21:06 AM »
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forum,
and thank you for your introduction and testimony :-)
Thanks be to God, He brought you out of the corrupted JW church.

(i came out of the corrupted catholic church...and yup, it took about 20 years for me, too,
to let go of the brainwashing they had done.)

It is really good to have you here, with us!
It's a great place to be.

Mozzie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:19:17 AM »
I enjoyed reading that; it was wonderful testimony of Christ and the repentance He gives us. It is rare to see an ex-JW come to repentance like that, and it was just wonderful to hear; I'm sure you have a lot of very interesting perspectives to share with us, so I'm glad you're here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Jehovah's Witness teaching I did too, so I hope you get around to that eventually.

There are some things I would love to show you, but I don't want to overwhelm you with anything; I'm just glad the Lord Jesus Christ has allowed us to be of some service to you.

Just to make sure, you put your belief as "Other," was that on purpose or an accident?
Don't worry to much about overwhelming me, the amount of reading and research i have do have kept me awake at nights lol. Ever since i left the Jws once and for all, i read and read everything i could as long as it was Bible based of coarse, and i am still researching. In regard  to i checked the Other ill have to change that, i left that part for when i was able to edit my profile.

Hi Brad, nice to see another Aussie here! Although technically, I'm an American Aussie. I moved to Melbourne 11 years ago from Texas. Where in Aus are you?

Wow, so much has happened to you! I'm so thankful you found your way out of the JWs. I know you're probably overwhelmed already with all of the reading you're already doing but I just wanted to let you know that we use the KJV exclusively here. Chris has an article on that too, but like I said, I know you're doing a lot of other reading at the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, too!
I live in Western Australia very South of Perth towards Margarete River way. In regards to the Bible, one of the first things i did was look into certain Bibles and i found the for and against. I feel that in my research most all Bibles have some added texts in them as most Bibles are translated from the Massoretic text that has shown that the Jewish leaders corrupted certain parts of it and there fore dwindled down to all Bibles today, but in general looking at them i think what ever a person feels comfortable with is the right one for them, but i don;;t just use the NKJV i look at all the Bibles and reference them and see if the word written is consistent with the oldest texts that we have available, but i did just receive the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible so looking forward to looking into that soon..

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forum,
and thank you for your introduction and testimony :-)
Thanks be to God, He brought you out of the corrupted JW church.

(i came out of the corrupted catholic church...and yup, it took about 20 years for me, too,
to let go of the brainwashing they had done.)

It is really good to have you here, with us!
It's a great place to be.
Yes sadly we leave but are still mentally in, in some way or another. So glad you were able to escape..

Thankyou everyone for your kind welcomes  :)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:45:48 AM »
Welcome Brad! 

I am so glad to read your testimony.  I met a lovely woman at convention (Kentucky Council for the Blind) who is JW.  I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but I have prayed for her.  Anyway, I am so glad you got out!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:31:18 AM »
Hey Brad, I forgot to tell you that there's another lady on here who lives in the UK and she grew up in a very... umm... interesting... household. Her mother was JW and her father was Muslim.  :o

Her name is Angel but she doesn't get in here to post very often because she's very busy with work. She does join us for Bible studies every week, though.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 04:31:44 PM »
Welcome Brad glad you came to the truth of Christ. The devil is very good at deceiving. If you have time I would like to share with you some information about the oldest manual script that will help you with your bible versions you use.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Brad! I am so glad you found your way out of JW. Clearly God was guiding you to the truth. Praise the Lord! It was interesting to read the chain of events that led you out. God knew what it would take and He provided it in the perfect way at the perfect time, according to His will.

Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Masha

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:53 PM »
Hi Brad, thank you for sharing your testimony. It is encouraging to read how God has worked and how much He loves each soul.
Praise be to God!
Welcome to the forum!!
Masha