Author Topic: I'm Mike and I desire deep spirtual growth so I can serve my Lord  (Read 4493 times)

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Michael
  • Belief: Other
I've only recently (2 years ago) truly accepted the Grace I was offered because I didn't understand what repentance was orginally. I was confused to say the least.
I was a "false" convert without doubt. Wow! Scary looking back at it.
I was raised in a Christian family but I was very confused because of the teachings and messages that my parents thought were correct, they weren't!
I thought I was a saved Christian as I rebelled the majority of my adult life.

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Mike and I desire deep spirtual growth so I can serve my Lord
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:37:16 PM »
I pushed the wrong button again, smh. I don't get along with computers. I only have a PC at my office. I tried to post on my iphone last night from home but I couldn't seem to figure out how to navigate.

I really want to learn how to explain things the way Chris does. I want to study the Bible with this group.

I really enjoyed the lessons I listened to last night, Billy Graham p.1 & Repentance p.1.
I've know Billy was a wolf once I was truly saved (2 years ago), Chris is right, he was easy to see through. My Mom thinks Billy hung the moon but then again she also thinks Hal Lindsey and Rick Warren are true men of God. I really need to help her and my Sisters. My whole family for that matter.
Time is of the essence.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:56:38 PM »
Hi Mike, my name is Caleb. I hope that you learn Like I am learning. I like to research animals because I wish to be a zoologist author. I love God's creations because they are so interesting. I am currently working on a story called A Light in the Darkness. I hope you will be able to learn the truth behind many so-called Truths.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I love animals too. I was raised on a horse ranch and then later in life had my own ranch. Years ago, I used to hunt but stopped about 20 years ago because I love animals too much and no longer wanted to kill them.

I do understand the deception within the so called "Christian" churches today from the inside out. The great falling away ( 2 Thessalonians 2) is sadly peaking as we speak.

Jephte21

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »
Hi Mike glad to see you joining us. Welcome to our Church!! :) ;)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »
I really want to learn how to explain things the way Chris does. I want to study the Bible with this group.
It's not a way I explain things. All understanding comes from the Holy Spirit of God; it doesn't come from my mind. Every single person here, so long as God gives them wisdom and understanding and calls them to that ministry, can do what I'm doing. I'm nothing special; I'm just the same worthless, wicked, and rebellious man who Christ came to me and pulled me out of the fire with the power of His grace and cleansing blood.
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
-1Jo 2:27

I really enjoyed the lessons I listened to last night, Billy Graham p.1 & Repentance p.1.
I've know Billy was a wolf once I was truly saved (2 years ago), Chris is right, he was easy to see through. My Mom thinks Billy hung the moon but then again she also thinks Hal Lindsey and Rick Warren are true men of God. I really need to help her and my Sisters. My whole family for that matter.
Time is of the essence.
Wow, that's tough. A few months back, I had a priest of Satanism write me, and I had an easier time talking to him about God's Word than I've had talking to followers of Graham or Warren. I know that would be a surprising thing to hear for most churchgoers, but for us gathered here, that's a commonplace difficulty.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »
Hi Mike glad to see you joining us. Welcome to our Church!! :) ;)

Thanks for the welcome. I have to ask about this- Edification: -5 . What's that about?

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 03:14:08 PM »
"It's not a way I explain things." That's a very humble reply and although I agree that your understanding comes via the Holy Spirit, you are blessed to be able to explain things in a genuine , loving, caring, simple way that I'm challenged to do. Yes, studying the Word in depth allows for a large part of this, no doubt and that's probably what I'm lacking as it take dedication and some time. But time is running out, quickly. I'm frustrated that I've got to still work a job full time which greatly interferes with the time I have to study God's Word.

In regards to my Mom and family, yes, it's an uphill battle to get them to look at the reality of things. Take the KJV for example, they are completely close minded to the fact the Westcott & Hort Alexandrians could actually be corrupted to the level they are. They won't consider the proof I present. Nope. I keep praying for them and I trust the Lord with what they need to wake up. It's hard for me to think about where they stand on a salvation level.

Masha

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »
Hi Mat, good to see you here on the forum. I am wondering what opened your eyes to Gods truth? How did you come to repentance in the jungle of lies? I know  about family that is not saved. It is very hard to feed them the Truth if they are not hungry. When Jesus saved me I had no christians in my life at all, just lost people. Lord knows I tried to give the Gospel to everyone, and as far as I know just my best friend got saved. So the struggle continues, and has been going on for years.
2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dont give up! Grow, study, pray. Establish yourself in His word and learn to deal with people with patience and kindness. Lean on God , because He will give you words to say and the knowledge and understanding you need to minister unto others.
Your family will be the biggest challenge. But it will also teach you the most.

1 Th 5: 16,Rejoice evermore.
    17, Pray without ceasing.
    18, In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
    19, Quench not the Spirit.
    20, Despise not prophesyings.
    21, Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Welcome to the forum!
Masha

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 06:43:29 PM »
Hello Marsha, thanks for the questions.

"I am wondering what opened your eyes to Gods truth? How did you come to repentance in the jungle of lies?"
I accepted Jesus as my Savior at age 13 while at Christian camp, the easy believism way. Went about my merry way, in the Word here and there. Church with family and friends now and then. I attended college at the College of Santa Fe in NM. It was a private Catholic college my parents thought was a good fit for me as I had become pretty wild in my late teens. I became crazy wild at this college. I met my first wife at this college, she was kinda catholic. I had to convert to get married in the catholic church which was the only requirement her family cared about, I didn't care either way at the time. after 14 years of a really bad marriage we divorced. I attempted to rededicate my life to Jesus in the only manner I knew of, the sinners prayer. I attended a nice, big, high-end church and began bible studies and such to get involved with what I thought was a healthy church. I thought I was back on track with Jesus.
I got remarried to a lady i fell in love with 13 years ago. I had a big, successful business, big house, cars, boats, etc. everything was awesome, so I thought. But I felt empty inside, I wasn't sure I was actually saved and had many doubts about my faith. Then some things happened to us that were just simply bizarre and involved the White House and CIA. In a matter of just a few short years, my life was spinning out of control. I wondered how come my Father had seemingly abandoned me. 2 years ago, I had to really ask myself If I was really saved and realized I wasn't. I dove into the Bible like never before and realized many of the things I had been taught were totally incorrect. Pretrib rapture, dispensationalism, easy believeism, etc., all wrong! I came across a few, healthy Biblical men. they confirmed the truth of the KJV with me and showed me how wrong pretrib/ dispensationalism is. I had to then understand how all these heresies came to be and realized how much the RCC has influenced me, my family and the so called Christian churches in America. So after all this I had to know how I could be sure I was really saved and thus the Lord showed me that I had never truly repented. That was key for me, true repentance (sorrows) for being an evil sinner. In essence I was brought to my knees. P.S. My wife is from Latvia and has many friends living in Norway and the Netherlands.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 12:50:36 AM »
Hi Mat, thank you for your introduction. 
Thanks be to God, that God pulled you out of the RCC.

this is a great place to be, to grow strong in your faith and to learn the Truth, and be with like-minded Christians.

Welcome to the forum :-)

Dee

Masha

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:01 PM »
Thank you , Mat for answering my questions. I appreciate your effort and wow, an interesting journey. My family is all catholic but non practising unless for family occasions like funerals and weddings. They dont even know what their religion is about. When I was saved I started to attend a catholic church. Thank the Lord I also started reading the Bible for the first time, and as time went along I saw the lies, comparing it to Gods Word and was shocked that nobody in that church had any idea of how ungodly and unbiblical all their things were. I then left that church just to find a whole other bunch of churches that were almost just as wicked. Nevertheless I meet true born again brothers and sisters in Christ along my path, although not many but they are there. Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I pray the Lord will keep you and your wife and that He will make you both grow in His truth and Mercy. Stay focussed, stay blessed!
Masha

Mat Taos

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 12:55:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I had posted yesterday, out of frustration, that I would not post again on this site but after seeing further posts made about me, I felt the need to come back here and inject a few things, hopefully to help others, especially Jeanne and Chris.

Unfortunately, I can't see how this group would help my witness much. Chris makes good claims about true repentance which I wholeheartedly agree is what's lacking in most Christian churches. But after a short, involvement here, I don't think the fruit of this ministry is very healthy. I don't know if Chris has any children, I suspect not as he seems to stand hardcore on some points of perfection that are extreme. I don't know what the issue is but it's something strange.

I originally posted Chris's article on Easter to my Facebook page and I agreed with his article fully. But after my involvement here on this site, I'm taking it off my FB page which is unfortunate but necessary.

Chris seems to call out others for pride issues but doesn't realize when he points at others regarding pride, he's actually pointing 3 fingers at himself.

If you are interested in a healthy ministry, I'd highly recommend Brother Sam Adams @ Independence Baptist Church, he's on Youtube and all around a humble and healthy Pastor.

Godspeed in your search for the Truth.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I had posted yesterday, out of frustration, that I would not post again on this site but after seeing further posts made about me, I felt the need to come back here and inject a few things, hopefully to help others, especially Jeanne and Chris.
So you lied (i.e. gave you word and did not keep it), and you have no repentance for lying.
God Does Not Justify Lies
You followed your feelings instead of following the word. I'll fix that problem to help you keep your word this time.

If you are interested in a healthy ministry, I'd highly recommend Brother Sam Adams @ Independence Baptist Church, he's on Youtube and all around a humble and healthy Pastor.
Then go take your false prophecies to his doorstep and leave us in peace. Have a great day.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18