Offline hashed

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: yeb
  • Belief: Christianity
Hello
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
Hi, I am from the Netherlands and above 40 years old. I consider myself a Bible believing Christian.

I found CLE after watching many YouTube videos. Currently it's my main source of information outside of the bible.
I have listened many CLE audio teaching an read some articles and I currently believe it's mostly true.

Before that I learned many things from the videos of Walter Veith (also wrong doctrines).

I don't go to a church. In the past I attended protestant churches with my parents and later evangelical churches.

I have been a believer since 13, but I did many wicked things since then (also repenting many times). Currently I try to make better choices.

I really don't like to talk or write about myself.

Offline Joshua

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 17
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Yeb.

You mentioned
I consider myself a Bible believing Christian.
However, your belief is set to "other," was this intentional?  Sometimes this accidentally gets set wrong (maybe from refreshing your browser while setting up the account, as this resets the belief to the default: "other").  Because your account has already been setup, you cannot change your belief, however, a moderator can change it if you'd like.

Lord willing the interaction we have with you will be a blessing to us all.  Glad to have you with us all the way from the Netherlands.  (Interestingly, you're not the only person on the forum from the Netherlands.)
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; -1 Corinthians 7:29-30
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. -Ephesians 5:16

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
Hoi Yeb, how nice to have you! I also live in the Netherlands.
When I was saved I learned from a variety of sources, including Walter Veight. The man has a lot of knowledge, but not the right doctrine. I also found that out later.
I think every Christian grows step by step in the Lord. That includes gaining knowledge and also at times finding yourself facing some kind of sin. We are all learning and growing. CLE website and Chris' teachings are good to learn from. Without learning there is no growth.
2Ti 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

i pray this forum may be a blessing to you, and I look forward to get to know you.
Masha

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:33:33 AM »
However, your belief is set to "other," was this intentional?  Sometimes this accidentally gets set wrong (maybe from refreshing your browser while setting up the account, as this resets the belief to the default: "other").  Because your account has already been setup, you cannot change your belief, however, a moderator can change it if you'd like.

It should be Christian. I think it was reset to other because there was an error in one of the fields. So it would be good if a moderator changed it.

Offline StandTro

• View Profile
  • First Name: Guill
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 03:49:32 AM »
Hi, Yeb

Welcome to the forum   :-)

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
Hi Yeb, nice to meet you. I'm glad you decided to join us. Unfortunately, Chris is the only one who can change the belief field, though, so I am unable to do that for you.

Offline tamajam

• Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Terri
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »
Hi hashed. I am new here too....and definitely over 40!  I am also always striving to make better choices.  Once upon a time I disliked talking about myself - I still do 'in person'; writing, however, is another matter entirely!  I also avoid churches because I have yet to find one that I can completely connect with.  Yet, we have that need to connect, don't we?  It's why I'm here too.  Terri

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »
I also avoid churches because I have yet to find one that I can completely connect with.  Yet, we have that need to connect, don't we?  It's why I'm here too.  Terri

Hi tamajam,

I have had multiple reasons for not going to any church. I guess the most important is that I spent most of my time on my job and studying for my job. Also I don't like meeting people.

I do not like singing.

I a common sermon (as far as I can remember) the 'Pastor' just reads a few verses from the Bible, and talks about it for 45 minutes. For me it's most of the time very boring.
A bible study gives at least some knowledge.

After hearing many times that (almost all) people go to hell, I just get a feeling like 'what is the point of this all?'

Offline tamajam

• Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Terri
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
Ah, yes, I have struggled with that too.....many times over the years.  The point is that it was never meant to be an easy ride here on this earth.  We are born of God, but we are born into a world that was hijacked by the evil one.   So,  it feels like there is this constant pushing and pulling, yes?  Like when you watch the tide come in and pull back out. I have lived in that awful tide for many years - as most of us do.  However, thanks to sites such as this, I have learned....or have been reminded.....that  the Bible is the source of all answers.  I am now re-reading and/or reading it with fresh eyes.  Every word now has new meaning for me.  I still have many questions because I have a very logical mind that requires (or was cursed with) an 'A-to-B' understanding, but I have finally realized the answers and the questions are very closely related.  After all this time, it finally occurred to me why God made certain the Bible continues to be the oldest printed book.

Speaking of that.  I 'googled' and 'binged' that just to be sure.  Not surprisingly,  what came up never acknowledged that the Bible is the world's oldest 'book'.   For whatever reason, the Bible, as a whole, is almost entire ignored.  I just happened to find this rather significant because I feel that as more people acknowledge Jesus and the Bible, the more we will see an absence of Him in all things.

For that and many other reasons, I am also not a 'church' person.  I also do not believe that a man 'of this world' decides if I go to hell.  I recall that Jesus said to be 'of this world but not of it'....though I do now know the verse off-hand.   Regardless, I do understand the message....and that is the point of it all. 

Be well.  We are never alone.  Those of us that struggle harder are those of us that need to understand more.  After many years, I have come to conclude that this is a good thing.  So, hang in there!

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 01:50:58 AM »
Your church experiences are the same as for most of us here  :)

I'm 55 years old so like some of you, I'm well over 40 too   ......   and Jeanne and Ben are only a bit older than me.  The site here is brilliant for good Christian fellowship.

Face to face I'm not too in to meeting people either.  It's OK once I get to know people and I have something to talk about but until then it's just awkward.  I also don't like singing.  It is good to be a part of a church that doesn't have repetitive (or any) singing   .....  especially when those doing the singing do the complete opposite of what they are singing about. 
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 06:40:30 AM »
I am now re-reading and/or reading it with fresh eyes.  Every word now has new meaning for me.

Why?

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »
After all this time, it finally occurred to me why God made certain the Bible continues to be the oldest printed book.

Speaking of that.  I 'googled' and 'binged' that just to be sure.  Not surprisingly,  what came up never acknowledged that the Bible is the world's oldest 'book'.   For whatever reason, the Bible, as a whole, is almost entire ignored.

I do not agree with this part.  It's also not so easy or possible to use Google to find an answer on this question. Depends also on what you mean by 'oldest (printed) book'. Does it only include books that still exists now?

It's generally acknowledged that modern English (and other languages) was standardized by the 17th century Bibles. For a period of time it was the only printed book that most of the people had in their home.

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:08 AM »
Y I also don't like singing.  It is good to be a part of a church that doesn't have repetitive (or any) singing

Why is it good? Only because you don't like it?

The general opinion is that people think that singing can people bring 'closer to God'.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 42
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
If you're going to argue with her on all her points, that's fine, but first, limit it to one post, don't make a bunch of them. You're cluttering the thread. Second, provide your evidence and Scripture, don't just make blanket statements, otherwise you're not doing anything but providing "your opinion" or a "general opinion," which is what you're accusing her of doing.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
-Eph 5:19
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
-Col 3:16

This is not a subject under which I think I am fully right with God simply because I have found so many "Christian" songs that teach false doctrine, and the hymns that are good, they're often sung by people trying to show off and make money. Also, a lot of people singing those songs do so for their own pleasure rather than praise (although they won't admit it) because they don't have their hearts right with God in the first place:

Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.
-Amos 5:23-24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Thus, I have focused my ministry on truth and righteousness first and foremost, because people are not saved through song; they're saved through doctrine. (I realize doctrine can come through song, but it is less common nowadays.) Many people have abandoned our ministry because they didn't get the pleasures of their music, which means they joined for the personal pleasures of music, not for the Lord Jesus Christ and His doctrine. Yet, I need to find a balance, which is something I have been partially working on, but on my own for the time being. (i.e. I don't really need or want peoples' suggestions at this time because it's something I'm working through on my own; just to make sure I'm clear.)

So to recap, don't spam posts (DEFINED HERE), and if you're going to accuse, don't be a hypocrite. All Christians here should be using the Word of God to explain themselves when arguing a point; this isn't facebook or youtube, so let's all act in the manner Christ taught us.

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
-Eph 4:15-16
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
-Eph 5:8

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline hashed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »
I apologize for my bad posts.

My question about the singing has been answered.