Author Topic: Didn't Want The Good News, I Suppose  (Read 4882 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Didn't Want The Good News, I Suppose
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »

SHERRIE FROM OHIO:

I'm trying to find out which churches in the USA and/or Israel are NOT 501c3 so I can pay my tithes and offerings without sin, guilt, and condemnation for giving to devil churches.
It doesn't matter where these churches are located on this planet. I really NEED to find out so that on judgment day, I won't be held accountable for misspending God's money.
I have prayed about this but have received no reply from the Lord Jesus.
Please help me. Thank you!

Well, I think I've got some good news for you. Take a look at this:
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/tithe.php

That was weeks ago and I never heard back from her. Oh well, I can't make anyone live in the liberty of Christ; they have to be convicted by the Holy Spirit of God for that. I could have said a lot more to her comments, but I realized that if she couldn't understand the concept of charity instead of tithe, then there was nothing she would listen to anyway, but perhaps she should consider that there could be a very good reason there is "no reply from the Lord Jesus" -- or perhaps, Jesus was using me to reply to her properly, but she ignored His call to her. I don't know.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Didn't Want The Good News, I Suppose
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »
She sounded very demanding didn't she?
I don't understand how someone to make such an emphatic request from person who is apparently a stranger.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 04:43:36 PM »
Doesn't it sound like she believes in works doctrine? To say that she NEEDS to find out so that she won't be held accountable for sin; her words show me that she has not been filled with the mercy of Christ yet because she still relies on her works for justification. People don't go to hell because they give tithe; many do so in ignorance, but upon learning the truth of doctrine, they choose tradition over Christ, and that's what condemns them.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 08:45:20 PM »
It is like she was sinking and crying "help, help, help!" And then when you threw her a life line she just to swam away.

I find it hard to believe that she was serious in the first place.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »
Oh my!  It does sound like she asked for help and when you gave it to her, she ignored it.  How terrible for her.  :(  Personally, I am enjoying the liberty in Christ I have to be charitable as I am able.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »
It also seemed to me that she just wanted a quick answer without having to do any work to get it.  That is not what God wants any of us to do.  What part of, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God...," do people not understand.  A quick answer would have been to tell her that she doesn't need to tithe.  Obviously, she wouldn't have liked that answer because then she would have to ask why.  So giving her the article was exactly what she needed in order to answer all the questions that would have came from her first initial question.  But again, the article was too much work for her to read.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 06:55:57 PM »
Again, too many people think tithing is the equivalent of buying a ticket to heaven. They can live the way they want, in all kinds of sin, but as long as they pay their tithes they think they're okay.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »
She shows that she has no faith in Christ by turning to man. 

Psalms 37:3-5-- 3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

I was originally looking for different scripture in Mark and started flipping through my Bible that I had recently found from an old uncle who had passed away years ago and it flipped straight to that page in Psalms and it had the entire chapter 37 circled, I assume by my uncle. So I read it and it spoke about trusting in the Lord and it fit well to my reply here.  To me, that can't be a coincidence!

What I was looking for originally was Mark 11:21-24 --   21And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.