Author Topic: Bonjour!  (Read 9325 times)

jtoubeaux

Re: Bonjour!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 07:03:44 AM »
Thanks Tim. Maybe I do not understand as much as I thought I did. My salvation is of utmost importance to me. I do take it seriously and do not want to be in error.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 05:18:50 PM »
It is very difficult to admit I have been mislead and misinformed. It is very difficult to admit my understanding of God and what being a Christian meant was off. I do not remember ever being taught about what repentance really was other than the typical “turning away” teaching. I, too, was brought up with the new age Bibles such as NKJ, NIV and NAS. Even though I stopped reading the new age Bibles and began reading KJ only a number of years ago, I still did not have repentance in my heart. I did not know this until yesterday. My church upbringing had taught me I was “okay” because I believed in Christ. I never really thought of myself as a sinner or as wicked because I had believed Christ died for my sins since I was young and that was good enough.  I read Chris’ teaching on repentance yesterday and God's Word hit me like a ton of bricks. I actually am a sinner. My heart constantly wants to do what is wicked and satisfy my flesh. I broke God’s commandments and deserve Hell. I don’t cry much but yesterday I did. For the first time my heart was full of grief and sorrow because I am a sinner. Jesus’ death and resurrection means so much more to me now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:27:22 PM by jtoubeaux »

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 06:16:05 PM »
I give praise to God He has opened your eyes! And I pray He blesses you and your family richly. Reading your testimony has given me some much needed comfort and I hope you'd feel welcome here on the forum with us.

Psalms 51:17 - The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psalms 34:18 - The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 06:16:53 PM »
I am so glad God open your eyes to the truth. Hearing this brings joy to my heart. 

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
Praise the Lord!!!  Welcome!  I look forward to getting to know you.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
It is very difficult to admit I have been mislead and misinformed. It is very difficult to admit my understanding of God and what being a Christian meant was off. I do not remember ever being taught about what repentance really was other than the typical 'turning away' teaching. I, too, was brought up with the new age Bibles such as NKJ, NIV and NAS. Even though I stopped reading the new age Bibles and began reading KJ only a number of years ago, I still did not have repentance in my heart. I did not know this until yesterday. My church upbringing had taught me I was 'okay' because I believed in Christ. I never really thought of myself as a sinner or as wicked because I had believed Christ died for my sins since I was young and that was good enough.  I read Chris' teaching on repentance yesterday and God's Word hit me like a ton of bricks. I actually am a sinner. My heart constantly wants to do what is wicked and satisfy my flesh. I broke God's commandments and deserve Hell. I don't cry much but yesterday I did. For the first time my heart was full of grief and sorrow because I am a sinner. Jesus' death and resurrection means so much more to me now.
I'm so thankful to our Lord God that He's had mercy on you. You're welcome among us, and you'll find many friends here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
Jon, how wonderful to know that you are finally truly saved! I praise God that you have seen the truth. We welcome you into our family. Please know that we are all here to support you in your new faith.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »
Hi Jon,

This is wonderful, wonderful news :-)

Thanks be to God, that God has brought you (and all of us here) to repentance.

Welcome to our group here...you will find this is a wonderful place to be,
with like-minded Christians, where we can fellowship, learn the Truth, and become stronger in our faith.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »
Thank you, yes God's Mercy abounds! Absolutely Praise the Lord! I am starting to read the other teachings and Gods Word is so much more amazing than it has ever been. The truth has set me free. I am ready to grow.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »
If you need a place to fellowship other than here on the forums for Bible study and you'd like to join our church group meetings, let us know. I think everyone would be glad for you to join.

Masha

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 08:02:23 AM »
Beautiful. That sure makes me glad. Rejoice in the Lord! May His name be praised!

Luke15:    3, And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
    4, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
    5, And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
    6, And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
    7, I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:00 PM »
If you need a place to fellowship other than here on the forums for Bible study and you'd like to join our church group meetings, let us know. I think everyone would be glad for you to join.

That sounds good, let me know what you need from me, of course it all depends on scheduling for me with work and family.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
Chris will add you to the 'Born Again Christians' section of the forum. This board is hidden from the public and access is only granted once we are sure that someone is truly born again and not a false convert. There is a board in that section called 'Request to Join the CLE Church Group'. All you have to do is make a post in that section expressing your desire to join the church.

I'm quite sure that everyone here would be happy to welcome you with open arms.