Author Topic: Greetings from sunny South Africa  (Read 2943 times)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
Greetings from sunny South Africa
« on: March 04, 2018, 10:27:17 AM »
Silindile from South Africa. I considered myself to be born-again for about a decade, only to realise four or five years ago that I was just deeply involved in the 'charismania' movement and it is thanks to people who speak the Biblical truth like Christopher that I got the courage to walk away. It has been difficult and lonely but it is was right and I am at peace with it.

Sometimes when I think of the time I wasted thinking I believed in GOD it makes me want to weep but in some ways I am grateful that I went through it because now I often recognise the signs of blatant manipulation by "men of God". I admit to being more wary now of teachers of the Word, perhaps more than I ought to be. Nowadays, when I listen to a teacher of the Word my automatic instinct is to consider them leavened and work from there.

My guard is much higher than it used to be. This has created some conflict in the the community of people I used to go to church with that have stayed in my circle because I tell them the problems with their pastors and churches.
So far, I have yet to come across someone I know who is really receptive when I warn them of the spiritual dangers I see. My heart aches when I think of the millions of people that do not see the deception of the new age churchianity, walking around believing they are believers. I was one of those and all that separates me from them is GOD choosing to open my eyes. It reminds me of the scripture that says: Matthew 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

I am very flawed and if ever a person was unworthy of the saving grace of GOD, I certainly am. I struggle daily and often lose. It is only by GOD, for reasons I can never fathom, seeing fit to remove the scales from my eyes that I have any knowledge of Truth and can say HE is my SAVIOUR.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: Greetings from sunny South Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 12:20:35 PM »
Welcome back Silindile!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »
Good to see you again, Silindile!

Angel

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Angel
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 01:31:56 AM »
Hello Sillindile :-)...

Suelong88

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:31:23 AM »
Silindile,

I feel the same way when hearing any preaching.  There are so many leavened messages out there and the playing of the Greek game.  I question everything now.