Author Topic: Holllywood's Satanic Roots  (Read 4534 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Holllywood's Satanic Roots
« on: March 02, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »
This is a sermon by Jason Cooley that I thought was very good. This is the first time I've every come across him, so I don't know all of the doctrine he teaches. He's the pastor of a Baptist church, however, so I'm sure there's bound to be some leaven. It's fairly obvious he has the wrong idea about repentance because he said in the video that he was already done with that. He also stated as fact that Walt Disney was a 33rd degree Mason but I know Chris said he could find no definitive proof of that being the case.

For the most part, though, I thought this was very well done. He repeats a lot of stuff Chris has taught (including exposing Michael Landon) and there were a few new things I DIDN'T know before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1IAilcq3P0

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Holllywood's Satanic Roots
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
Folks, there's a reason I haven't published anything from Jason Cooley. That guy got popular off that video. I cannot find the video anymore, and I don't know why it's gone, but there was a video I saw that showed a series of his doctrines, one of which... okay, you guys know how Steven Anderson is against sodomites? Jason Cooley is the same way against liars. I listened to him say that if anyone's ever told a lie, they can never be trusted again. Not to mention, this guy teaches that if you don't turn from sin, you can't be saved, because they all teach that "repent means to turn." He's not that far removed from Steven Anderson. I don't care if it's Cooley, Anderson, Denlinger, or any other flavor inbetween (because there are a lot of Youtube-popular teachers), I stay away from them because they're leavened and corrupt. Denglinger "exposes" Anderson, Anderson "exposes" Cooley, and there's just this cycle corrupt men, calling themselves preachers of God, who all take advantage of the people, and I'm just flat-out tired of it.

I've had plans to do something exposing the Hollywood junk, but I've got too many other things I'm working on right now that are more important, and if we're going to be frank about it, Hollywood is an incredibly easy thing to discern. That ought to be Christianity 101, but a lot of these guys get their name from something like that, which brings them popularity, which, in the end, brings them money and the respect they desire.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3wuIwIvIU&t=5s

This is called Megiddo.  Its a lot about Bible prophecy and satanic agendas.   

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 01:15:23 PM »
And I remember the problem with that one too: They open the video with Ezekiel 33, which was a specific commandment unto the Jews, but then they apply it to Christians. This is one the conspiracy ministers love to quote:
When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
-Eze 33:8-9

What this would mean is that if you didn't go to your neighbor and warn him of the wrath to come, you'll end up in hell. That's works doctrine. I have no argument that we have a responsibility TO others, but we are not responsible FOR them in the New Testament. Thus, if to be saved, one had to go warn everyone of wrath, that is a works doctrine; we warn others of wrath out of love for our neighbor, and love for God, to keep His commandments, not because we are threatened with death and perishing in eternal punishment if we don't, because that is the false doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Read the next verse:
Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
-Eze 33:10

After this warning, God commanded them to speak unto the HOUSE OF ISRAEL. It's the same false doctrine problem as tithe where they go to Mal 3 and claim that is for born again Christians.

And of course, Dave Hunt, who helped put that together, taught the false doctrine of pre-trib, and fervently defended that up until his death, which means he's continued to deceive a lot of people through, not just that video, but many other teachings he's given and books he's written.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »
It's fairly obvious he has the wrong idea about repentance because he said in the video that he was already done with that.

He might have been referring to

Luke 15 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying, 4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

For a person to claim they have reached the goal though and there is nothing more that needs to be sorted out in their lives may be very dangerous ground to be standing on.  One never sees the sins they are unaware of. 

Having the congregation as a part of Baptist Corporation Co. Ltd. is something that should have been gone long ago.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Masha

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
Jason Cooley has been one of the people we would listen to a lot in the past. He has some good sermons ( have believe I heard most of them), but he has some very extreme ideas and takes Scripture out of context to serve his goal. Very dangerous.
Most of all, he has no love for his brethren. He is just as mean, rude and arrogant as Anderson.

1 Cor 13:2, And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

He had Nate Marino be kicked out of his church and his family, for a accusation of witchcraft which was in no way founded, justified nor explained.
He is the perfect example of a farisee that (ab)uses Scriptures, proclaimes to be holy, but is far from it.

Mat 15:8
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
He had Nate Marino be kicked out of his church and his family, for a accusation of witchcraft which was in no way founded, justified nor explained.
Since I am less familiar with Jason Cooley than you are, I would enjoy hearing a more detailed explanation of what you mean by that. I don't know who Marino is, but if you could give me some more information of the matter, I would like to hear.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
I have read a few of Dave Hunt's books.  Some of things he said really bothered me and I didn't know why.  Another acquaintance told me they heard him say something blasphemous. We couldn't find the video, so it may have been taken down.  I am very skeptical of many people in the "christian preaching" area.  I have seen too many that say something really good and then follow it with something that is terrible doctrine.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Masha

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:17:08 AM »
To Chris, I warn you I have limited time:-) as my children are all with me. The incident with Jason Cooley and Nate MArino happened a while back.
JAson and Nate used to have a radioshow together: Sound of the Battle cry. Then Nate Marino was accused of withcraft and was kicked out of the church, incl his wife and mother in law. At the time Old path baptist church posted a video about the accusation, which didnt hold any ground. And shortly after Nate responded with another video. Apart from the accusation being empty the OBchruch also did not handle the matter in Biblical way.  Matthew 18:15, Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
    16, But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    17, And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
I do not believe Nate was confronted by any of them personally only online and never got a chance to speak to them, as in: defend himself. (other than in the video he made in response) I believe NAte AMrino even moved his family to the state to join the OpBchruRch, and then when he got kicked out left the state again.

I looked at both of their websites  :
Jason Cooley:https://www.oldpathsbaptistchurch.org/
NAte Marino: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9k7S8JgribqihttVfKsNg

and googled it, But I couldn't find those video's about the break up. They might have deleted them.
I do not have more time to search for them, but you are much better at that:-)
I could see if we saved anything to our computer later. If I find anything, I will post it.

All the episodes of the radio show are also deleted. NAte MArino has adopted the title of the show for his youtube channel.
Now I need to go, I hope it helped.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »
I listened to a few minutes of one of Marino's videos, and he sounds alright so far. I don't know much about him, but if someone is involved in witchcraft, then there should be some witnesses to it. It doesn't sound like there is, and he doesn't sound like someone involved in witchcraft, so I'll just ignore it.