Author Topic: Questions about anxiety and depression  (Read 9039 times)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Questions about anxiety and depression
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 09:18:22 AM »
Tonya, both anxiety and depression run on my mom's side of the family, the reason why they want to put me on that medicine is that I can get very angry at myself at times like when I can't figure out something on homework. I began to berate myself and say things that make them upset, I am trying to stop getting so mad at myself in those situations.

So they want to medicate you to make themselves feel better?  That sounds very messed up to me.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:23 AM »
Tonya, again this is an old issue, plus I am pretty sure I might not take it anymore and like I said the reason why they made me take it is because they don't like when I would go on a tirade berating myself in front of them because I forgot to do something I said I would, I couldn't figure how to do something or some other reason. I would call myself many names like stupid, and continuously going on and on like that for hours and even days stuck on that like it was the newest fad. Wouldn't you be the least bit worried?

I would also argue continuously that I didn't need a tutor because I need to figure out how to this tough math myself over and over again. I wasn't in the right head back then, like I said I am feeling much better and this pretty much an old issue at this point. So why do you guys keep bringing it up?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:13:46 AM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »
Calub, to me you sound pretty smart. Like you know a lot about God's creation. For math I barley know simple math. Most of the math I learned in school, I have never used.

IMF19

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »
I have a serious matter to deal with, my mom and dad want to get me off the ADHD medicine, I have been taking and get me on an antidepressant/anxiety medicine because of the fact that I have a ruminating mind. I can't control my thoughts and then there is the fact that I get really upset at times like when I am doing homework on math and chemistry. I can get very upset with myself at times like when I found out when I didn't do something I was supposed to do, or when I feel even more stupid because I can't figure out something. Any suggestions on what to do?

Respectfully, I believe that rather than taking the medication, take all your cares to God.

Even before I was truly saved through grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing, I saw that verse as a safe haven of sorts.

Being a former depression sufferer, as well as a person with high-functioning autism, anxiety and depression swallowed my life whole when I let them overtake me.

My advice is that - now correct me if I'm wrong - prayer to God is the only medicine you need that isn't physical like a pill.

My mom worked as a nurse for many years, but never put me on pills for my mental health issues. Rather, I've learned that only through faith in Jesus can you learn not to be anxious or depressed.

We will deal with shame, guilt and other aspects of life that sound "negative" to New-age false converts like Kelly Balarie. I know this, because it's one of the traits of being human.

Right now, I'm still in the process of sanctifying myself from my family, eschewing pagan traditions, and keeping myself aligned with biblical foundations, despite a slew of problems in recent days that I need to sanctify myself from.

Prayer is the answer I have for you, and I pray that this will help you in your journey.

One last thing, remember not to do it in the presence of men, but in a private place by yourself with God.

Praying this helps.

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 02:44:01 PM »
Ian,
        In calebs last post he said for the forth time that this was an old issue and seems like he was doing a lot better. I know you're just trying to give advice, but it sounds like caleb wants to be done talking about it.
       Can we please respect caleb and drop it for now until he/if he ever wants to talk about it again? He even asks us why we keep bringing it up and then you posted an entire quote from 3 months ago and a full explanation to what you think he should do.
       Caleb said it is an old issue 4 times and he wants to know why we keep bringing it up. Why are we still giving him advice?
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 03:22:54 PM »
Since Caleb has said this issue is resolved and no longer wishes to discuss it, I'm locking this thread.