Author Topic: City apologizes to street preacher  (Read 5917 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
City apologizes to street preacher
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »
Yesterday, my friend and preaching partner, Tim, settled with the city of Cookeville TN.

During the "Gay Pride" event in 2017 Tim was threatened with arrest if he didn't stop preaching.  To avoid arrest he left and sent the video his lawyer.

The city settled and issued him a letter of apology, paid his lawyer fees and, basically, payed Tim for his time.

This is a great victory, and trend, for street preachers!

The way I understand it is that a big reason for the city of Cookeville TN settling is because of the previous cases in Nashville that street preachers  had won against that nearby city.  If the city had taken Tim's case to court the same judge that had ruled against the city of Nashville would have heard the case against Cookeville.

Praise the Lord! Our window of opportunity to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in public is remaining open.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: City apologizes to street preacher
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:22:56 PM »
I'm so thankful that God gave Tim some justice through our court systems. That's why I tell people that, even though there are bad judges and officers, there are good ones too.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:41:20 AM »
There is a news report on the case that my friend John won last September that is setting a precedent in this area.
(In the picture Tim is in the background.)

https://www.wmot.org/post/street-preacher-wins-lawsuit-appeal-against-music-city#stream/0
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Matt

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Matt
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »
That is good to hear, Kenneth! Thanks for sharing

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
There is a news report on the case that my friend John won last September that is setting a precedent in this area.

https://www.wmot.org/post/street-preacher-wins-lawsuit-appeal-against-music-city#stream/0

It says:
"He says the gay community was hoping for a ruling that preserved everyone's free speech rights, but doesn't think this decision achieves that balance. 'This looks like it preserves the rights of those who would disrupt Pride Festival more than those who want to attend them.'"

What a load of garbage. I've seen peaceful rallies in which queers will come out and cause all sorts of trouble, spewing out their nonsense, and they are completely allowed to do so every time. Feminists are allowed to do the same; as I talked about in the introduction to my book on feminism, in which feminists actually blocked people from going into a private meeting in a building to talk about mens' issues, and police wouldn't do anything.

Hypocrisy at its finest; that's for sure. To say that "everyone's free speech rights" are preserved is absurd. No one stopped the sodomites from going out and saying whatever they wanted; they just didn't like it when someone opposed them. I pray the Lord God would bless the judges in that case.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »

It says:
"He says the gay community was hoping for a ruling that preserved everyone's free speech rights, but doesn't think this decision achieves that balance. 'This looks like it preserves the rights of those who would disrupt Pride Festival more than those who want to attend them.'"

What a load of garbage. I've seen peaceful rallies in which queers will come out and cause all sorts of trouble, spewing out their nonsense, and they are completely allowed to do so every time. Feminists are allowed to do the same; as I talked about in the introduction to my book on feminism, in which feminists actually blocked people from going into a private meeting in a building to talk about mens' issues, and police wouldn't do anything.

Hypocrisy at its finest; that's for sure. To say that "everyone's free speech rights" are preserved is absurd. No one stopped the sodomites from going out and saying whatever they wanted; they just didn't like it when someone opposed them. I pray the Lord God would bless the judges in that case.

I read the article and thought exactly the same.  It is a public place.  Does that mean the Police are going to remove a heckler away from street preachers in future because the heckler is obstructing what the street preacher wants to teach?  Moving along two people talking to eachother (albeit loudly) because someone may overhear them?  Removing someone because they have an opposing opinion printed on their 'T' shirt or printed on a personal possession they happen to be holding in their hands?

If anything, it is the parade that should be stopped because it is using a public carriageway and walkway for conducting their activities and denying others the use of it for going about normal travel and commerce.  A permit should never be given for a parade like that.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
I don't like the 4th of July parade they do here in town because it is loud and annoying while I'm trying to work. Can I call the police and have them all removed because they're violating my rights?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 09:51:51 PM »
Funny that it's only Christians who always seem to be the ones everyone wants to shut up. I've seen videos of Muslims in New York blocking city streets during their prayer time and no one says/does a thing.

Groups like Antifa and BLM wear masks and openly attack anyone who dares to oppose them with impunity while anyone who exercises their right to self defense (not necessarily with weapons, either) are always the ones who get arrested. What a sick world we live in!

I'm so glad to see at least one judge with some sense!

Benjamin

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 7
    • View Profile
    • Reality Begins
  • First Name: Benjamin
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 05:15:01 PM »
The news article linked to John's wordpress page.
Psalm 50:21 KJV 21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.