Author Topic: An Example of Murmuring  (Read 4119 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
An Example of Murmuring
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:12 AM »
The reason I wanted to post this letter is not for any analysis of conversation, but rather to show a solid example of a murmuring person, which we can see in a woman who wrote me whose name is Delories. That's the way it was spelled in the letter. You'll notice that all she did was likely go to a search engine, or a "bible study tools" website and type in verses on love or hate. (i.e. She's lazy.) Then she copy and pasted some of them. She likely doesn't understand any of these verses, but the point I want to make is that this is the definition of murmuring, as I point out in the response:

DELORIES FROM TEXAS

Proverbs 14:30
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness

Galatians 6:4
But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

Job 5:2
Surely vexation kills the fool, and jealousy slays the simple.

James 3:14-16
But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

Delories, if you have a complaint you'd like to make, you need to come out and directly say it. Without explaining yourself, what you're doing is called murmuring, and that's something God hates:
How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.
-Num 14:27
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
-1Co 10:10

murmur (n): a complaint half suppressed
If you want to speak the truth about something, you need to be bold and state directly what you want to say with the Scripture along with it, not murmuring while hiding behind Scripture because that's what an enemy would do, not what brethren would do.
But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
-1Th 4:9

If you think I have done a poor job in setting the good example, then be an adult in your understanding, stop murmuring, and show me a better example.
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
-1Co 14:20

Of course, I don't expect to hear back from her, because such people are typically cowards. It's as if they hate proper rebuke and correction, and instead addressing it openly, they crouch down shivering in fear while turning their heads, wincing their eyes, and holding the Bible out in front of them to block the view of the light. That is not how born again Christians are instructed to act towards one another, which leads me to believe this woman has a lot of hate in her own heart because she doesn't care enough about my soul in order to talk with me openly and kindly. There are some members of our own forum who also murmur, and I hope this is an example to show that it is not acceptable in the church, and that God hates such things. We ought to address one another boldly if we have a conflict of doctrine or offense in any manner, not being fearful, but knowing that, if we all have a heart of repentance, that we will be understanding and reasonable with one another, as brethren ought to be.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: An Example of Murmuring
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:27:39 AM »
It turns out, she did respond. I actually wasn't expecting that, but now that I know she's a Michael W. Smith fan, it makes more sense that she did respond. They are typically very vicious in defense of their precious cult leader. See our teaching on Smith here: Wolves in Costume: Michael W. Smith

DELORIES FROM TEXAS (AKA LORI JO) -- A lot of her letter is in massive bold print.

Dear Mr Johnson, I wouldn't call the word of God murmurings and I am doing my best to remain merciful.  You might try that! The Entire New Testament is based on God's Mercy through Jesus our savior.  It's obvious you have issues I will be as gentle as possible. So often people find themselves injured and bitter and unable to live  healthy spiritual lives. I can only assume something similar has happened to you in your life to cause such hate and contempt for others, especially Christians. Let me remind you your behavior is unacceptable and there is no place for it in the kingdom of God. Let me warn you -  Matthew 7:2 ' "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." . Luke 6:41
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? The way you slander the servants of God such as Michael W Smith astounds me! I bet if I could peak in your little book of secrets I might find some pretty shameful and embarrassing stories.. Most people who spend their lives seeking to hurt and cause strife and division in the body of Christ do have their own little book of secrets.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 4:31-32."Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

Colossians 3:12-14 "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise."
1 Corinthian's 13:11.... now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love. 

First of all, you falsely accuse me of calling the Word of God "murmuring." (i.e. That's called a strawman argument, where you deceive people with your words.) That shows me that you don't bother to understand what people say to you, or in other words, you're just reacting based on emotion, not based on understanding. You, ma'am, are a murmurer, not God, and I just want to make sure we're clear on that.
Now that you've decided to be a bit more of an adult and have been more direct with your accusations, and you've made your position clear (which you should have done from the start), I can see you're following of the false "jesus" of Michael W. Smith. That's all you had to say; now I know I'm likely dealing with a woman of the world who has been convinced she's of Christ, but is a false convert.
False Converts vs Eternal Security
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

Smith is not of Christ; he is of the world, and you follow after Smith because you are of the world, yoking together with the unfruitful works of darkness instead of reproving them.
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
-Eph 5:11

I could explain and give many more verses for understanding on that subject, but you won't hear.
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
-John 8:47

You do not understand these verses, nor do you understand what love is in Scripture. That's obvious based on your letters, and that's because you've never come to the grief and godly sorrow of repentance, and therefore, you have not yet been given understanding by the Holy Spirit of God.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:3

Without grief and godly sorrow of your sin (i.e. repentance), your faith is vain. If you want to learn more, you can read this:
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
I can not give understanding to someone who is lifted up in the pride of her heart. You have to be humbled first, and until that happens, you will never have the saving grace of justification.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

I know you say you believe on Jesus, but devils believe Jesus is the Son of God too:
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
-James 2:9

So what makes you different from them? Perhaps you need to keep reading in Matthew chapter 7 because Jesus gives a terrifying warning that you should take notice of, namely, those who will call Jesus "Lord" on the Day of Judgment, meaning that they were churchgoers just like you, but they will be turned away from Christ on that day, and their wicked hearts will be revealed:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

I want to show you the way to eternal life, but based on your letter, it's pretty clear you don't want it. You didn't come here to reason and gain understanding of the truth, nor did you come here to "love" me as you have falsely accused me of not having any love, which makes you a complete hypocrite. (i.e. You ought to be the example of that which you want me to be, and show me a better example, but that's not what you did.) You came here to scoff, and I really don't want to spend the time with a scoffing woman who won't hear because she's closed her ears and eyes to the truth... and, BE HONEST "Lori Jo," you didn't read the teaching I did on Smith, did you? (i.e. You saw the title, maybe skimmed it a bit, but didn't bother to read it for understanding.) That's why you didn't bother to raise any specific issue with the article I wrote, nor did you point out any errors in it because I backed up everything with Scripture and references. That means I studied the matter out, and you didn't, but you have the nerve to rebuke me in your ignorance. The truth is simple: You listen to music from Smith, you get a good feeling inside about it, therefore, you believe that feeling must be of God, and that's foolishness because your faith is in your own heart:
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
-Pro 14:12

The Lord God, He who authored that Bible you're lackadaisically quoting from, says you are a fool that ought to be ashamed of yourself because you've written me to answer my doctrine before you've heard it.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

Just don't think you're going to do a keyword search on love or hate in a bible study tools website, copy and paste a few Scriptures, and get people to believe you understand doctrine. That might work in your leavened church building, but it doesn't work among those of us who are born again. A search engine is not a replacement for the Holy Spirit of God. If you ever come to repentance and want to hear the truth, you are welcome to contact us and we'll help you, but if you don't want to hear, then be on your way. Have a great day.

Also, if you guys didn't notice, she was swapping out bible versions to get the verses to say what she wanted them to say. It's real easy to do that on popular bible search engine websites. I could tell she was copying and pasting from them in different ways because the order and punctuation was different; meaning that she doesn't take the time to organize everything like I do, rather, she's just putting it all down in a hurry because she doesn't care.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:31:10 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
Chris, one of my most disliked new age verses is
1 Corinthian's 13:11... now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
The true verse say charity, not love, which makes more sense in context:

1 Corinthians 13:13
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »
Ya I too notice that. I think what she did was seen the word charity and decided to change it to love

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:51:58 PM »
That was a good response but I think I would have also included a link to the 'Don't Judge Me' article, too. I guess it doesn't really matter, though, because I doubt that she'll read any of the articles you did include, anyway.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
Well, I'm not responding to her anymore. She sent me a letter of a so-called "prayer" that was filled with passive-aggressive murmuring. There's nothing else I can do.