Author Topic: Drag Queen Story hour, Cookeville, TN  (Read 3356 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Drag Queen Story hour, Cookeville, TN
« on: February 01, 2019, 08:24:13 AM »
Tomorrow, Saturday 2 Feb, five of us are planning on preaching outside of a "drag queen story hour" in Cookeville Tennessee. (You can do a Google search to find out about this wretched event)
 Last month it was held at the local library. Their plan was to have it there each month, however it seems that the locals have booked up all the available space in that library this Saturday so they have had to move it to a private facility.
Last month the library was surrounded with scores of people, most of them opposed to the event.
This month, tomorrow, we are not sure exactly how things will play out or how much access we will have to this private facility to preach to the people going in. We don't even know how many people will actually be taking their children to see the drag queens.
Hopefully there will be lots of people to preach to. If hardly anybody shows up to this disgusting event, glory to God!

I'll provide follow-up when I get a chance.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Drag Queen Story hour, Cookeville, TN
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »
This was the second Drag Queen Story hour in Cookeville Tennessee. The first time it was at the public library.  This time it was in a private business suite on the backside of a building and upstairs where they blocked off the entire parking lot from anyone that did not have their name on the RSVP list.
Fortunately there were enough Street Preachers to cover both entrances into the area.
Also, from some Facebook live video feeds, some folks estimate there were only about 10 children in the room with the Drag Queen.
I spent the majority of my time at the end of the parking lot were there really weren't a lot of attendees to the event. At that end we mostly preached to the security guards and the local people going to different businesses that we were near by.
In my estimation this is a double victory. First of all, many people heard some the Gospel of Jesus Christ, had their sin rebuked and heard some good Bible preaching. (which is always the primary goal of any preaching.)
Second, this wicked event seems to be getting smaller and more exclusive.

Part #1
https://youtu.be/GbMG8pDe9w8

Part #2
https://youtu.be/ckxGPHyOWy0

More to come...
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 03:05:47 PM »
Yeah, I know that sounds somewhat contradictory, but I'm really glad the event wasn't popular.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »
Last Saturday the same kind of event was held in a library in the Dutch city Nijmegen. A drag queen was telling a story about two kings who got a child. There were about 20 children.
In December this event was cancelled because of protest from extreme right.