Author Topic: 501c3  (Read 4036 times)

cmb

501c3
« on: January 27, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
Hi, I am learning a ton about 501c3 ministries, how pastors knew what they were signing, to being leavened.  My question is this:  if I watch, or listen to a preacher online, or go to Koininia, which are all 501c3 ministries, am I sinning? 
I recently went to a faith based workshop, where I learned to communicate better, get closer to God and my heart was changed!  I was finally able to truly forgive people that hurt me and to really know God loves me.  It was amazing!  When it was almost over, he said they were non profit and BAM!  I knew they were 501c3 and it just did not dawn on me earlier.  I want to go to more workshops ....after praying about it, I felt a discomfort on my heart from the Holy Spirit.  I want to be obedient.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: 501c3
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:19:50 AM »
Carol, I'm not sure how to respond to your posts. You're treating 501c3 as if it is the source of the problem, and you are not discerning the underlying cause of the problem. I see a lot of the new-age church buildings influence in your words, and that's oftentimes very difficult to address because there's a lot of work that needs to be done in breaking down the rudiments (i.e. the first education) you received from the world, and get you onto the philosophy (i.e. the way of thinking) of Christ.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

You may not understand why this is the case yet, but if you really want to study to understand this matter, I think the first teaching you need to read and/or listen to is this one:
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

cmb

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:55:47 AM »
I want to learn, I am listening and studying. Thank you, I'll be back.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:03:18 AM »
Alright, let me know; we'll talk more when you get done. Take your time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

cmb

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 02:53:02 PM »
Stay away from 501c3 ministries!  Please help me if I have not learned this right.  The preacher has been leavened by greed.  He did not believe the Lord Jesus could provide what the government provides, so he signed contract to guarantee tax exempt for himself and those who donate, made government head of his church/ministry and put Jesus on the back burner.  This means the preacher is not a born again believer and he has made his church a business.  Those who have an online ministry, or travel to provide a workshop, are doing the same thing, it's a business to them, even though they are faith based and do bring people to Jesus.  Am I understanding this now? Thank you.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 04:02:26 PM »
I would say the grand majority, yes. I would not deny that there may be a few out there who just didn't understand what they were doing, but those are far and few between. In my experience in talking with church leadership, they full-well know what they're doing, and/or they simply do not care because they get to rake in the cash, and I also agree that most of them are not Christians.

The bottom line is that there is no foundation of repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) in their hearts, and because there is no repentance, there is no salvation because God resists the proud of heart; He only gives his grace to those who have been humbled to repentance and have a contrite spirit (i.e. a spirit that has been broken-hearted in grief over their sin).

-Psalm 34:18
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

What many are doing is claiming with their mouths that they follow the Lord Jesus Christ, but in their hearts, they are far from him:
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

Jesus told us that, on the Day of Judgment, there would be many who would call him "Lord," meaning that they claim to be His disciples, but Jesus said He would tell them the truth, that He never knew them, and that is because they never came to the grief and sorrow of repentance:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

Notice that He said MANY, not few. He also said that few would find the way to eternal life, but MANY shall go the way of destruction:
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
-Mat 7:13-14

Thus, to understand 501c3 is to understand it is only a symptom of the underlying cause. The underlying cause is greed, extortion, excess, and a general sense of wicked men who are hirelings that make merchandise of the people:
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
-John 10:12
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
-2Pe 2:3

And so, as you have rightly pointed out, the church leadership was leavened LONG before they signed a 501c3 contract, and so I hope you now understand that, if you want to be sanctified by Christ, you should look to join up with an unleavened church, and I will warn you, that journey can be much more difficult.

cmb

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 12:01:16 AM »
Thank you.