Author Topic: God NEVER allows divorce and remarriage  (Read 3855 times)

Fred

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Fred
  • Belief: Other
God NEVER allows divorce and remarriage
« on: January 26, 2019, 11:49:57 PM »
Contrary to popular Christian opinion and based on what God clearly states in his Word, God NEVER allows for divorce and remarriage, no matter the reason.  Many, if not most churches and Christians believe that God is against divorce but yet makes exception for adultery, abuse, abandonment, etc.  However, there is no Biblical basis for this.

God

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: God NEVER allows divorce and remarriage
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:11:09 AM »
Were you signing that as "God," or are you using a smart phone and your message got cut off? I seems like it was the use of an apostrophe to say "God's," but the forum software doesn't like foreign apostrophes, and will sometimes cut off your posts if you use them. This can happen by copy/pasting from other formats, or by using a smartphone. If you are having problems, avoid use of symbols, like apostrophes and quotations, and that should solve the problem.

Btw, the your first paragraph shows a lack of understanding of God's Word. I demonstrated the allowance of divorce and remarriage on a few specific matters, but since you didn't bother to read the book (i.e. you read a portion of it and immediately came here to raise contention on the matter before you read it), you won't understand.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

I'll read your post if you try again; try to avoid use of apostrophies and quotation marks, or if you can sit down to a normal desktop/laptop computer, it shouldn't cause you any problems.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:20:55 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:21:23 AM »
Christ is God.  He seems to give exception in cases of fornication.  How do you interpret Matthew 19:9?

1 Corinthians 7:15 seems to say that if an unbelieving spouse leaves, that the brother or sister (the believer) is not under bondage.

1 Corinthians 7:39 is pretty clear in saying that if a woman's husband dies, she is free to marry whom she will.

I am not advocating for divorce.  There are more verses against divorce than those that seem to make exception.  I am not saying that my interpretation of the verses above should be the final authority and am more than willing to be corrected.

Fred

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:52:23 AM »
My entire long post was cut off and yes the name God with an apostrophe was the first word in my next sentence.  I almost feel like this was done on purpose to make me come across as an idiot.  Was a lot of work to post what I did.  And no I was not using a smartphone but a laptop.

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:41:01 AM »
Fred,
     I know you don't know all of us yet, but sabotaging someone's post to make them 'come across as an idiot' is not something that any of the moderators of the forum would do.
    There's not one place that you can look at on the forum part of the website to find all of the examples, but this has been happening for a while now, to myself included. It wasn't done on purpose, there is something wrong with the software somehow. I usually 'preview' my post and see if it looks ok and copy it before I post a long one.
     Just of the top of my head I can think of at least 5-10 times that this has happened, and the top right hand side of the forum gives a disclaimer.
    Chris J even said he would read what you had to say, so there's no use in getting disgruntled over it
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:31:40 AM »
I made a post earlier and found that those connected 'a's and 'e's in Caesar are rejected too and it took me quite a few tries until I could get my posting done.  (I just had a look on Google for a while to see if I could find the official name for that character, but alas, no such luck).

The forum preview is of limited value because it shows a posting to be OK but when you actually do post you will often then find out you have disallowed characters that the preview does not pick up on.  Hence always having two tabs open in the browser, one for 'Recent Posts' and the other tab for your message and if the posting fails you can go back on the message and change characters and try posting again.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 04:09:15 AM »
If I've made a long post or quoted a lot of Scripture, I always try to read my post as soon as I've put it up to see if it's all there. If it's not, keep hitting the 'back' button on your browser until you get to what you wrote. You have half an hour from the time you post to edit it.

Kevin, Chris talked about that conjoined ae thing and told us what it was called in another thread and he actually got it to show up. I meant to ask him how he did that...

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »
My entire long post was cut off and yes the name God with an apostrophe was the first word in my next sentence.  I almost feel like this was done on purpose to make me come across as an idiot.  Was a lot of work to post what I did.  And no I was not using a smartphone but a laptop.
That's part of your problem is that you seem to be operating by your feelings instead of by evidence, which is why you're doctrine is not sound. To provide an example, this issue has been discussed many times over the past year since I had to switch servers; here's one (of many) that was talked about between Josh and Jeanne last April: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=98.msg366#msg366

The problem has to do with some UTF-8 code that I know nothing about. Typically, it happens when someone will, for instance, write their post first in Microsoft Word, then copy and paste it into a forum post. The copy process copies what are called "smart quotes" which are unique characters that the forum will not recognize. It could also be what settings you have one your OS/browser, but for now, if you post something, as soon as you post it, it automatically takes you to your own post after you press "Post," which means you didn't bother to look at it once it was posted to make sure. If you see that happen, you can press the "back" button on your browser and it will still have all your information there. (But once you close the window, your information will be lost.)

As Jeanne pointed out, there is a warning about that in the "News" section at the top right of the page. It seems that reading things, completely, would be helpful to you in multiple areas, if you are willing to do so.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Fred

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Yes thanks I'll try it again but do you really need to come across as so condescending?

Fred

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »
Moderator, please remove this thread and I'll try it again.

Thanks.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
No. Christians need to see all of your conversation. Just go ahead and make a new post when you're ready.
do you really need to come across as so condescending?

condescend: showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority

Do you need to falsely accuse us?

I know that your concerns were said in good faith but let's not jump to conclusions too quickly
Also jumping to conclusions.  Fortunately I do have a lot of grace.

Do you need to be so uncharitable?

I almost feel like this was done on purpose to make me come across as an idiot.

You joined this forum out of strife, not to fellowship with us. Do you need to be so contentious?

I noticed that there was a teaching on marriage and so read the first portion from that article which brings me to why I joined this forum.

You've not answered for any of these things yet, and you've show no signs of having a heart of repentance. What you have taken as "condescending" is my correction of your errors and our collective defense of the church from people who come here to deceive.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

Your accusation of "condescending" is just an excuse for yourself; don't think that others here cannot see it.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

I'll wait for your next thread so I can read your entire argument.