Author Topic: Hi guys...  (Read 3340 times)

Raymond

Hi guys...
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
My name is Raymond and as of this posting I'm in my last semester studying nursing in a 2 year high intensity program. My being here and my completing this program will both be nothing short of a demonstration of God's grace in my pretty messed up life.

I was raised bouncing from church to church, finally settling in a very Charismatic Word Faith congregation when I was in middle school (mid 80's). Lots of prophesies, words of knowledge, and laying on of hands, decisions for Christ, and very little solid exegesis of scripture. When I entered High School, I finally had enough and just stopped going. Thus began my rebellious phase.

After graduation I moved to Seattle with a friend of mine that came into some money. My mom told me that if I wasn't going to attend church to at least read my bible. After a couple of weeks I came to Matthew 7 where Jesus taught about the narrow and wide gates. I got to verse 14 where Jesus said "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." and prayed asking "Have I found it?" The Holy Spirit quickened that verse to me and answered YES, and I wept for hours, knowing I didn't deserve it.

I've been through a lot of ups and downs in the years since then, finally coming to my lowest point following my divorce while living in a new town. I tried so hard to use the Charismatic tricks and techniques I heard from Creflo Dollar, Andrew Wommack, Joseph Prince, etc to get me out of the desperate state I was in. I finally did a study through the book of Job and came to understand that if God brings someone low to humility it is always for His glory. At my very lowest point I cried out to God. I finally called upon the name of the Lord. Shortly afterward I stumbled across the doctrines of grace and the scriptures supporting them and came to hate my own willfulness, and was brought to humility when I understood my depravity.

Ever since then I've been in repentance, unable to justify my sin, only able to grieve over it while looking forward to the time when my flesh won't cause me to sin anymore. I still can't wrap my head around why God would want me, but I'm so thankful that He loves me enough to put up with me and chasten me when I needed it.

Not sure what else to say.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hi guys...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
Thank you for your testimony Raymond.
Welcome to the group.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
In your email, I would disagree with your statement. The Bible is 100% text.  8)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Hi Raymond,

I really enjoyed reading your testimony and I thank God that you have come to repentance. Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to come across the CLE website and find our group?

Raymond

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:15 PM »
Hi, Jeanne,

After my divorce I moved about an hour away from where I was living at the time. It was a small rural community where I had no friends and very little in common with the people I met. I spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos on science, medical stuff, conspiracy stuff, sermons, and Bible studies. I was just getting into some discernment videos and I think Chris's Christmas video came up in the suggestions on the side. I had been trying to explain to my family why I wanted to break from celebrating Christmas for years so this video resonated pretty well with me. From there I went to the YouTube channel, then to the website. The rest is history.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 12:48:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Raymond.
Thank you for your testimony, it is really good to hear how God brought you to Him. 
Praise God :-)

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »
Raymond glad you found us on YouTube and pray you keep on learning the truth

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:38:32 PM »
Hello Raymond, I really enjoyed reading your testimony.  Especially the last sentence.

Ever since then I've been in repentance, unable to justify my sin, only able to grieve over it while looking forward to the time when my flesh won't cause me to sin anymore. I still can't wrap my head around why God would want me, but I'm so thankful that He loves me enough to put up with me and chasten me when I needed it.

When I read that I felt like I was looking into a mirror. I too feel so unworthy of the grace of God that in my mind I do not understand why he saved a man a wretched as me.  I loved your honesty and humble spirit.  I hope things work out and we hear more from you. 

Steve