Author Topic: Is Music Neutral?  (Read 247 times)

Offline JAMESSKO

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: James
  • Belief: Christianity
Is Music Neutral?
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:47 PM »
In my introduction I said that music is not neutral and I want to add on to it. We know that rock music is bad, but do we know what music can do to us physically.

This is an article that is from a website (there are many copies of this article I don't know where the original is) that opened my eyes to what a big role music has.

Have you ever heard about classical music played to growing plants experiment where the plants grow faster with the music being played rather than the plants in silence. It's the same with rock except that the plants DIE from the long exposure to rock music. It does sound strange I just want to make sure if the sources are true. So that's why im posting this.

http://www.av1611.org/neutral.html
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”
1 John‬ 2:4‬ KJV‬‬

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Is Music Neutral?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »
It is interesting that you mention this James as Chris mentioned it in one of his teachings and recently I have been thinking that I must set up some controlled experiments at home to test the hypothesis and post the results here.  The experiment would be for plants grown with the sound of birds singing versus no sounds. 

I wouldn't do it with the rock music though because I wouldn't want any device under my control to play that stuff.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:35:52 AM »
You should do it Kevin I'd love to see the data that comes up from your experiment.
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:13 AM »
I did hear a story one time that Pink Floyd played live in a park once and killed all the fish in the pond. They had to pay to have it restocked.

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 11:11:04 PM »
I also heard that eggs went hard boiled after being placed at the front of a concert stage. Of which being a rock band.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »
I played music in my greenhouse. It really did help the plants grow.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17