Author Topic: Greetings from Washington (state)  (Read 273 times)

Offline JAMESSKO

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: James
  • Belief: Christianity
Greetings from Washington (state)
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »
My name is James, I grew up in a Pentecostal church with my family. I am fairly young I'm 16 years old. The preserved word of God (kjv) should be the foundation. My beliefs: I'm against 501c3, we need repentance to be saved, judge not is a cloke for sin (we need rebuke), debating atheists are mostly in vain, I believe in the Godhead (three in one), once saved always saved, faith without works are dead, the law is a schoolmaster, I absolutely hate feminism, music is not nuetral, don't follow your heart, self defense is biblical, God is always the same, Precatory prayers are biblical (when wicked men are judged people get saved), I believe in the fundamentals of the bible, charity and love are not the same, God can hate people i.e. Esau and I don't speak in tongues. Most people go by feelings in Pentecostal churches. Russian is my first language, I can barely speak it, I'm trying to learn more. The first video I watched of yours was the cure for cancer and sence then I watched a lot of your videos. I know I've still got a lot more to learn and a long walk to be had.
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”
1 John‬ 2:4‬ KJV‬‬

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: Greetings from Washington (state)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:43 AM »
Welcome, James. I'm glad you decided to join us.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:02:38 AM »
Interesting introduction. Welcome to the forum!
Masha

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 02:22:34 AM »
I don't want to draw conclusions too soon, but I like this guy.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:28:42 AM »
Hi from me too James.  I also think that was an interesting introduction.

Chris created an excellent teaching series on charity.  You might find it quite interesting  :D

A Biblical Understanding of Charity
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/charity.php

Study #0107 [Oct 26, 2015]
2nd Half--The Biblical Understanding of Charity pt.1
https://archive.org/download/bereansonline0107/bereansonline0107.mp3

Study #0108 [Nov 1, 2015]
2nd Half--The Biblical Understanding of Charity pt.2
https://archive.org/download/bereansonline0108/bereansonline0108.mp3

Study #0109 [Nov 8, 2015]
2nd Half--The Biblical Understanding of Charity pt.3
https://archive.org/download/bereansonline0109/bereansonline0109.mp3

Charity and love might be the same  :D

I hope you become an established member of the group here.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »
Maybe I've forgotten, but I thought I said charity and love were different, but are foundational to one another; meaning you can't have one without the other.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
Normally you are right and I'm wrong  :D

Last night I was worried about what I posted and so I sat down and read your article again on charity to see if maybe I had made a mistake and was going to have to offer an apology to James and everyone else here.  I'm trying to find points on which the two might be different but I'm still seeing largely that they are the same thing.

Doing a Bible search for 'brother' and 'love' there are of course lots of results from the New Testament.

I was planning on listening to the mp3's on the subject again tonight to see if I can find any ways in which the two can be different.

Thanks again for your posting James as postings like yours bring out the topics that we like to discuss and causes us to re-examine what we believe and check to see if we are in error.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »
Yes I've watched your 3 part video on YouTube on charity. I'm sorry that I Was not clear in my introduction, but love is keeping the commandments and charity is a way of thinking (philosophy) to be an example for your brethren. You need think about others, if someone sees you celebrate Christmas for example, he/she will then say to him/herself oh well sence he's doing it then it's fine if I do it. Someone can give all their money away and still won't have charity because they have an agenda behind it i.e. For someone to give them a thank you. In a way they are similar. When Jesus came down he had to be an example for his believers, he had charity towards us. Hopefully I was able to explain myself.
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »
It's possible that I taught it the wrong way... or... maybe I was right and I'm thinking about it wrong now? I can't remember. It's been a long time. Love and charity can be used in the same context because charity is a form of love (i.e. keeping the commandments of God), but love can be also be used exclusively outside of charity depending on the contextual definition. So it depends on what's being discussed.

James's last comment jogged my memory. I totally forgot that I taught that, I haven't thought about it in a while. That actually makes sense now that I think about it because the Scripture does point out charity in some odd ways unless you look at it as a way of thinking.

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply

Offline stevesams

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
Welcome James! I think you are really going to enjoy the teachings and the folks on here.  I take it you have read the article on 501c3. That was an eye opener for me.  If you have been paying attention to the news; President Trump is going to make it where 501c3 churches will no longer be muzzled.  This may sound good but now how can you tell which churches are leavened and which are not.  This is just a personal opinion, but the government doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit them. I can see it now; the fundamentalist religious right will be used to push government agendas i.e. NWO
Steve

James 1:22

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Ive listened to Chris' teachings about charity some time ago. In my mothertongue (Dutch) there is a word for charity (liefdadigheid) but in the Statenvertaling (nearest to the kjv translation available) it is translated as liefde (love) In the diodati translation (Italian) it is also translated with amore wich is love. So it must be for a reason the kjv translators decided to use another word than love; being charity for the verses.
What I understood from it is that there is a difference between the 2 words, I would say love is the bases and charity is the action. The practical implementation of love. It makes sence because in 1 Cor 13 it then goes on to explain what that practical implementation looks like.
I tried to share some of what I understood from Chris' teaching with a Dutch friend, but since it is translated as love, in the Dutch translation I couldnt really get my point across.
Quess the knowledge/understanding about it is exclusively for the english speaking....????

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:25 PM »
This may sound good but now how can you tell which churches are leavened and which are not.

I see it that if money is involved then they are leavened.  For a congregation to be operating correctly they don't employ a "pastor" on a payroll and they don't do tithing or make donations that enable themselves to get a tax rebate so as a result the government has absolutely no idea that Christians are even meeting together.

The only money that is involved is with the members of the congregation helping one another out in times of need, and that is Biblical.

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »
The best bible translation I can find in Russian is SYNO, and it says love (любовь) instead of charity as well but I find charity to be better because it's more specific. Love is very broad, it has multiple meanings, and yes you have love when you have charity. Maybe some other translations have the words charity used, but that's just my speculation. The kjv translators used the word charity instead of love, so I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing. Well it is interesting to think about. What do you guys think?

Offline JAMESSKO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »
"Precatory prayers are biblical"
When I said Precatory in the introduction I actually meant to say Imprecatory. Sorry about that. It's prayers mostly in psalms that basically asks God to bring justice (punishment) to the wicked so the righteous will no longer suffer from the unjust. When God brings judgement people get saved because of the fear of the lord.

For example when the couple (Ananias and Sapphira) sold their property, they both came to Peter at DIFFERENT times and both lied to Peter (who was filled with the holy spirt, which means They lied in front of God) saying they gave all the money that they got to the church. They both died instantly and people inside and outside the church had GREAT FEAR. God also got glory out of it, and it probably (definitely) made more people convert to Christianity.

That's one thing you won't hear from a God loves everybody preacher.

That's just one example I'm giving, and it's from the NEW testament. There are other people that got judgment from God but it doesn't always end in their death. There's another story about a deceiver trying to lead the deputy away from the gospel. I'll just give the bible verses.

“Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith. Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand. Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.”
Acts‬ 13:7-12‬ KJV‬‬

The deputy got saved because it said he believed and was ASTONISHED at the doctrine of the lord. The sorcerer probably converted after he got his sight back. I think some stuff I wrote may have not been to clear.

There's a video that someone made that talks more in depth in what I am saying. He has many similarities in beliefs that we have, I've seen many great sermons that he made. He has an amazing testimony, I suggest that you guys should watch the video (if you want).

https://youtu.be/Qf_OwXolMrM