Author Topic: Getting used to making mistakes  (Read 3086 times)

IMF19

Getting used to making mistakes
« on: January 21, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
Even after being truly saved, I still have trouble getting used to knowing that I am human and make mistakes. I made a mistake relating to birthdays a couple times today, in spite of the fact that I had truly forgotten about birthdays having pagan origins. Satan has tempted me into these lies and I'm asking for forgiveness from God to sanctify myself from the worldly lies. All I ask is this: is there a way I can hold onto the fact that I am human and not perfect in everything that I do, and with sincerity in the eyes of God?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Getting used to making mistakes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
Someone else may have to answer that because I can't understand what he's asking about.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

IMF19

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
Chris, to explain what I mean.

I want to be careful with the actions I make throughout the day, and hold onto the fact that I am human, with the goal being not to sin. I'm looking for ways to exercise this method without losing control of it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
I still do not understand what you're asking about. I can't make sense of what you're saying; it's really vague. If someone else understands it, they can try to answer.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:41:46 PM »
Ian, would you be able to re-word your original thinking and question behind your post? In order for someone to answer your questions they would have to assume some of your thinking behind what it is that you are getting at.
Also, you repeated the phrase "hold onto the fact that I am human," I'm not exactly sure what that means or what you're getting at, so I would like clarification as to what that means.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

IMF19

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:15 PM »
Thomas, to explain.

I want to simply know how to make sure I have the mind of Christ throughout my daily life after I've repented. Sinless perfection is impossible for any one human being. I guess what I'm trying to ask is this: Is it biblical to learn from failure and move on, without having to fear failure in the future?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
That's the whole idea. You're going to fail from time to time, but as long as you come to God with a repentant heart (as David did after his affair with Bathsheba), you will be forgiven.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul struggled with the same thing:

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

IMF19

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
Thank you, Jeanne.