Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 5791 times)

Chris

Introduction
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:36:35 PM »
Hi,

My name is Chris.  I live in Tennessee and have a wife and son.  I am currently in search for a local gathering of Christians to fellowship with.  As I have listened to the teachings on this site, I have become convinced and convicted to separate myself from congregations that either refuse to use the word of God (KJV) or accept worldly traditions of so called holidays.  All of the churches in my area that I have found to use KJV celebrate pagan holidays.

Although I would attend church with my mother and sisters from time to time, I was not raised in a believing household.  I was raised learning that it is okay to watch or listen to whatever was pleasing.  I had a secular education and believed that the earth was billions of years old.  Although I was led to believe that I was a good kid and had a heart of gold, I was lustful and had feet that were swift in running to mischief.

I would spend the summers with my aunt.  One day, my aunt offered to allow me to either watch a video or go help in the garden (easy choice).  A man by the name Kent Hovind (wouldn't recommend, see Christophter Johnson's video on leaven alert) had visited the local church, and my aunt got his creation seminars on VHS.  My eyes were open to the deception I had been led to believe in school about the age of the earth.  Once I started watching, I couldn't stop.  After returning home, I found his website and continued to watch and learn. 

That summer at my aunt's church, the pastor explained the gospel to me and how to be saved.  I believe I had a knowledge of God, but I do not believe I had repented and was saved.  My aunt bought me a KJV bible and had me promise to read it every day, but after I returned home I did not keep my word.  I cannot even tell you where that bible is today.  I returned to doing the same things I did before.

In high school I started smoking pot and drinking, but I maintained good grades.  I started dating a girl that I knew was not a good influence and had relations outside of marriage.

I later attended college and started to drink often and experiment with drugs.  I also had relations outside of marriage and had a heart full of lust.  I had a knowledge that what I was doing was wrong, but I had a wicked heart.

It was in the middle of college that I met my wife.  I agreed to attend church with her, and it was there that I believe that I was saved.  The message shared convicted me of my sins and I had a sorrow for what I had done against God.  I called on Christ's name in prayer and asked for Him to save me.

I began to study the word of God.  I would listen to Les Fel[CENSORED] (would not recommend as he taught using concordances and lexicons) and study the bible.  I found this website and was convicted about the things that I watched and listened to.  I stopped watching tv and listening to ungodly rock music.  As God revealed that xmas and easter were not things that Christians should have any part in, I was convicted to depart from the church I was attending.

Since that time, I slowly began to allow old things to creep back in.  I would drink on occasion and justify it to myself.  I would listen to and play ungodly music and play video games.  I would attend family get-togethers for holidays as a hypocrite. 

Thank God that He has chastened me.  The Lord has convicted me to study His word and become more bold in the faith.  I have done little for God's kingdom, but I pray that He will use me to minister to others.  I look forward to meeting all of you on here and growing together in understanding.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:54:46 AM »
Hi Chris,

I really hate my computer sometimes. I had a nice welcome letter all typed out for you and I hit something wrong and lost it all. Anyway, it's good to meet you. Chris was actually talking about you in our Bible study today and told us you had joined the forum.

I enjoyed reading your introduction. Many of us here have gone through a lot of the things you have described. Most of us have given up altogether in trying to find a church building that actually preaches the word of God or teaches is correctly. That's why our online community is so important to us here. I hope and pray that you will become a part of us and that we can learn from each other.

Jeanne

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:21 AM »
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you fit right in and also become one of our close friends and the interaction with us has an excellent influence on your life and eternity.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Masha

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 08:16:17 AM »
Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your testimony, it is encouraging to read that God works in your life and heart. I pray the Lord will continue to make you grow in Him and I look forward to getting to know you better!
Masha

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »
Chris, welcome, and that was a well written introduction too!  I am looking forward to seeing your future posts.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 09:54:36 AM »
Hi Chris, so good to meet you and thank you for your testimony. 
Yes, it's true, many of us have gone through the things you have described. 

My son Joshua and I have been here almost four years and are SO happy to have found CLE, where we can fellowship with like-minded Christians   
The world out there is lost, and getting worse.  I truly thank God for leading us to CLE, where we have become stronger Christians in hearing all of God's Word.

We pray for you and your family, that you continue to grow in Christ our Lord, and that He keep you close to Him.
Welcome to our group here.  :)

Chris

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I hope we can all reason together and grow in the Lord.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »
Good morning, Chris.
I too live in Tennessee. Murfreesboro to be precise. Do you live where close?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Chris

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »
Kenneth,

Hello.  I am an hour or so west of Nashville, so I'm not that far away.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 11:40:39 AM »
We frequently go to Nashville to preach and hand out gospel tracts. Is that something you might be interested in?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Matt

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Matt
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »
Howdy Chris, welcome to the forum

Chris

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
Kenneth,

To my shame, I have not done much like that, but I hope to become more bold in Christ.  It would be good for me to go and participate. 

Chris

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »
Welcome, Chris! Thanks for sharing. You mentioned that you decided to separate yourself from church buildings and are looking for a new group of Christians to fellowship with. You also mentioned that you have a wife and son. Are they on the same page as you? I only ask because my husband desires to attend a local church to worship and fellowship, but I hope and pray he will one day see the doctrinal errors that take place inside and seek to separate from it. I am interested to learn how your decisions have affected your family.

It is nice to meet you! Welcome again.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »
Kenneth,

To my shame, I have not done much like that, but I hope to become more bold in Christ.  It would be good for me to go and participate. 

Chris

If you'd like to join us some time, please let me know.
If you'd like to see what we do just click on the globe icon next to my profile picture to get to my YouTube channel.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 10:19:24 PM »
There's no pressure to go with Kenneth, but even if you just want to go and see, or go and support, that's fine too. You don't have to say anything, but having other sanctified Christians there for support is always helpful.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »
There's no pressure to go with Kenneth, but even if you just want to go and see, or go and support, that's fine too. You don't have to say anything, but having other sanctified Christians there for support is always helpful.

I agree. 👍

Raymond

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:18 PM »
Hi Chris,

I was also first introduced to creation science via Kent Hovind. While I understand that a lot of his doctrine is severely leavened, I believe his creation science stuff is what the Holy Spirit used to draw me back away from the world.

Raymond

Chris

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:13 AM »
Laura,

My wife has listened to the teachings with me on the topics of holidays.  I am just recently learning about the wickedness of Valentine's day (no big surprise).  The problem I have faced in the past is giving in to the desire to be with family, but that is definitely not a good reason.  I believe that if I do a better job leading my wife will follow.  I expect my family to become upset when I keep my son (only several months old) from them during these times. Please pray for me on this.  I hope that you were able to impact those around you during the past Christmas.  I read your post on the subject, but I'm sorry that I don't have any good advice to share.  I just hope that you will sanctify your husband by being a good example.

Kenneth,

I would like to go some time.  When I set up my account, I believe I enabled others to email me.  Please let me know when you plan on going.

Raymond,

Welcome to the forum!

I am definitely intrigued by studying the science, but I do not believe that is required for Christians.  Romans 1:20 tells us that the eternal power and Godhead are clearly seen by his creation.

I understand what you mean though.  I was puffed up in my own understanding until I heard Kent's teachings on the creation account.  When studying from the King James, it is blatantly obvious that the creation took place in six literal days in Genesis 1.  To say otherwise is to claim authority greater than God's word.

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:12 PM »
Hi Chris, All praise be to our Father for love and chastening as we walk with our Lord.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.