Author Topic: Why I Don't Waste My Time  (Read 462 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 41
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Why I Don't Waste My Time
« on: May 10, 2017, 12:45:13 PM »
The following letter I received yesterday, and I want to go over it and give an explanation of why I don't waste my time with certain people. There was a lady recently on this forum who left, throwing a fit that I corrected her when she said I never waste my time with anyone.

Theodore writes:

Greetings! Nice bit of work you all have put together here . You've qualified yourself in my eyes because of your passion that permeates everything on this blog. I have a question for you all . What do you think of the article that appeared in the Journal Science in December of 1980 titled "is the brain really necessary?" I believe it was written by Roger Lewin about the findings of Dr. John Lorber. Dont want to show my cards because I dont want to influence your answer in any way. Thanks in advance for your time.

I'll give my response momentarily, but I want to analyze this for a moment because if you read this on the surface, it just seems like a "polite" letter, and I agree... since "polite" is where we get the word "politics." It's completely political in nature. Anyone can get the proper discernment they need to see through junk like this because we all serve the same God and have the same anointing of the Holy Spirit, even a simpleton like me, and it just depends on how hard you work at it.

First, notice he called our website a "bit of work." That tells me he's ignored the front page which, through links alone, has hundreds of hours of reading/listening materials. He wouldn't write Answers in Genesis, a leavened marketing company, and call them a "bit of work," but he will do it to me, because he's a respecter of persons. That's right, I can determine that he's a respecter of persons with three words.

Next, he says my "passion... permeates everything on this blog." Again, calling it a blog when I release entire books for free, shows he's done little to no research on our website, so we have a person speaking in ignorance. Likely, he skimmed one article; that's the impression I'm starting to get now. He used the word "passion" because he saw numerous references and quotations, and that shows me that he's now mocking me. If I wasn't convinced before that he was wasting my time, I'm doubly convinced now, we haven't even gotten through half his letter yet.

Next, he asks me about a <em>Science</em> article from 1980. First of all, I wasn't even born in 1980. He provided no references for what he was talking about, and wrote this letter as if he was assuming I'd read some obscure man's religious junk (because <em>Science</em> won't publish anything that doesn't support their religious Evolutionism), and I've got better things to do than to waste my time hunting it down for someone who is already mocking me under his breath.

He continues to say he doesn't want to "show my cards," which made me laugh because he's already shown me everything I need to know, but he's saying this because he refuses to tell me what he believes. Well, duh. Christians don't hide from me what they believe; only other religious cults try to hide it, and it's usually atheists/evolutionists that hide like cowards.

Thus, I am dealing with a man (or boy, I can't tell), who mocks me while trying to hide it, doesn't take me seriously and respects persons, speaking in ignorance and assumptions, who is hiding like a coward from telling what he believes, and he wants me to spend my time having a discussion with him?

My response:

I don't care. That's my answer. Thanks for writing.

That's the truth. I don't care. I'd rather spend my time writing other Christians to give them an analysis of his letter than to respond to his letter. He only wrote me to pick a fight and waste my time; he doesn't care anything from what I would have to say about that article.

And the proof was in his response:

F**k you. Thanks.

That's all he wrote me. See what I mean? I sent him another letter thanking him for confirmation, gave him the law, and I won't respond to him anymore. However, I want others to understand that I don't just say I'm wasting my time with someone on assumption, and I'm not saying I'm someone special who never makes mistakes, nor am I worthy of respect because of what Christ has done for me, but after all I've done in our ministry for over 8 years now--after all that very careful analysis and research, I still have people who occasionally come in here and think I'm making assumptions about others, and that's a little insulting.

I do have reasons for what I do, and instead of people automatically assuming I'm wrong, if they would simply ask for my reasoning on the matter, I can usually explain it. Let's all be cautious of the words we use:
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
-Matthew 12:34

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Matthew 12:36

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 35
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: Why I Don't Waste My Time
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »
The first thing that really stood out for me in his letter was that you've qualified yourself in HIS eyes. As if his is the only opinion that matters.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -3
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:01:28 PM »
This is just my opinion but you could've just replied with the same explination you gave us and gotten the same responce. (Lol, or maybe after)

Let us start a new day!

Offline Joshua

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 17
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
Theodore writes:
Greetings! Nice bit of work you all have put together here.
Plural?  I wonder who else he is referring to?

In the next sentence he says,
You've qualified yourself in my eyes because of your passion that permeates everything on this blog.
He should have said "yourselves" if he was using the plural, but instead he uses the singular, which confuses me because in the previous sentence he said "you all."  Why the change from plural to singular?  What confuses me more is why he uses plural in the first place.

He then goes back to the plural:
I have a question for you all.

However, I don't understand what this indicates.  Perhaps someone else has some thoughts as to why he does this?
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; -1 Corinthians 7:29-30
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. -Ephesians 5:16

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 03:34:23 AM »
Chris ,You gave me a good laugh cause i expected a different answer. 
I can only say: WELL DONE!!

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 06:02:11 AM »
I think that was a good answer too.

"is the brain really necessary?"

For the writer to write a logical and coherent email I would have to say that is a 'Yes'  ;D

Dont want to show my cards ... .

LOL  Like the rest of you, I think he just has  ::)

The funny thing is that I'm familiar with the article and it has nothing to do with Christianity and it has nothing to do with "evolution" either.  I can't even begin to imagine why he was posting it to you.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 06:51:32 AM »
now im curious about this article  ::)

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:17 PM »
 I was also laughing until I saw the explicit response. Some people… I am shaking my head.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
The article if it is the same one is about hydrocephaly a condition where the brain can become just a very thin layer of brain cells around the inner of the head and the rest of the brain cavity is filled with cerebrospinal fluid.

I thought about it more when walking home last night. Maybe he was writing the email in response to my comments about the artificial folate called folic acid being added to bread and the dangers of that and that it is another means of mass medicating the population with a compound that might have serious consequences.  Just a guess on that as he could have made himself clearer if that is where he was coming from.  :-\
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.