Author Topic: Is Conspiracy Theory Research Worthwhile?  (Read 341 times)

Offline Joshua

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
  • Belief: Christianity
Is Conspiracy Theory Research Worthwhile?
« on: May 07, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
I not 100% sure, but I don't see conspiracy theory research as a worthwhile thing to do.  Here are some rhetorical questions, and things to think about.

We find new conspiracy theories every year, and if we prove one of these theories to be true or false, what did we even accomplish?

We only live this earthly life once, every second is precious; and a second spent cannot be unspent.  Our time is short on this earth, but our actions will have eternal effects, therefore we ought to prioritize the things we do with our time.

Recall that we did a GH on the Flat Earthers.  We talked about how Christians are wasting their time trying to prove a theory which doesn't even accomplish anything.  (I think this would also apply to debunking conspiracies.)  The reason it was okay to discuss the flat earth theory is because some people are twisting God’s Word, and many Christians have been deceived to what the Word says; and it is our job to teach the Truth of God’s Word; we don't want our brethren being deceived concerning the Word.  (i.e. Proving the Truth of God’s Word on a topic is acceptable.  Examining conspiracies is a waste of time.)

Isn't our time better spent on the scriptures, prayer, spreading the gospel, and other biblical things?

We should ask ourselves if God is pleased when we focus our resources(including time) on conspiracies, when they could be focused on serving God.

I'm leaning towards avoiding all conspiracy theories; maybe I'm wrong, and I'd like to be corrected if I am wrong.  I'm sure there is another side to this argument.
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; -1 Corinthians 7:29-30  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. -Ephesians 5:16

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Is Conspiracy Theory Research Worthwhile?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 02:06:01 AM »
Generally I agree, but it is a bit of a fine line at times.  What comes to mind is Chris correctly doing a series of teachings on vaccination and provides evidence that vaccination is a conspiracy of large corporations to wrongfully make large amounts of money for themselves with total disregard for the health and welfare for the general population.  Their conspiring to do this evil can have a serious impact on a Christian family and therefore generally on us the body of Christ so it is a good thing that this information is brought to light and shown to be what it is and what is happening.

1 Timothy 6 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The topics like the Flat Earth were at least a good mind exercise to examine scripture and also see the everyday world around us and come to a sound logical proof that the world can not possibly be flat.  Here in the group we easily did that but I'm sure there are still a lot of "flat earthers" out there who haven't worked out that the theory is false.

The more we think and the more we are alert to the current affairs of nonsense out there surely the less likely we ever are to fall in to a trap.    I write this with embarrassment because surely I fell in to the trap of marrying someone who turned out to be a false Christian  :-[
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 43
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:28:28 AM »
Personal opinion: If it has a direct impact on Biblical truth and inerrancy and/or a direct impact on the health and safety of families, it's worthwhile, but only if there is direct evidence for it. Like Kevin was saying, there's a reason I haven't done an article on the alleged moon landing or the Oklahoma City bombing.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
-Psalm 2:1-4

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
 I don't mind discussing it, but I have to say I agree. There is very little biblical truth and researching it because nothing can be proven. I guess that in itself is part of the conspiracy theory.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
Interesting topic. I was into consoiracies long before I became a christian. I now find it at times a real waste of time, because my time is very limited and I need to spend it wisely. Therefor I agree with Chris that we should prioritise our research and time towards it being of interst and connection with the Word of God. So, the NWO and other conspiracies concerning the end of times at hand are definately of importance to us. Also the vaccinations, the food (Just read/saw that), etc. But I find some things a real waste of time like f.e. the flat earth. Once you have understood the mainstream media produces mostly false information, you find your own sources of information. I do believe God lets us know things in order to protect us from the evil in this world.
    Pro 22:3, ΒΆ A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
You pray for God to give you discernment and wisdom, and He does.
Whatever you need to know, He will lead you.

Offline culture shock

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: billy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »
this is why i came up with bible theories. but i think debunking can be helpful. but rather do it in a way not to give all the answers but to teach how to get the answers.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
With all of the current events going on including North Korea, Syria and, most recently, the Las Vegas shooting, one thing we can be certain of is that these events are not being reported truthfully by the mainstream media. I, for one, do appreciate the work of independent journalists who are not parroting or promoting the agenda of the powers that be.

I understand that many times a crisis event is either a total hoax (such as Sandy Hook) or a false flag event wherein the event actually did happen, but not the way that it is being reported. People get fooled by false flags all the time because they respond emotionally rather than rationally. That's how we get into wars so it's nice when some people are willing to do the digging and expose the manipulation the public is being exposed to.

The more these things are brought to light, the more people know exactly what it is they're fighting against. I don't even bother with all the junk about aliens and people that are supposedly reptilian and that kind of stuff, or people trying to connect every little thing to Biblical prophecy. However, knowing who and what is behind false flag events and the response these events are MEANT to evoke in people helps to ensure that you don't get caught up in that stuff yourself.

There's no way we can stop the New World Order agenda because we know that's part of God's plan and Revelation tells us it's going to happen. But that's no excuse to sit back and not try to at least slow it down some.

Just my opinion in light of the latest news reports.