Author Topic: (DISCUSSION) #013 Does The Bible Create Atheists?  (Read 202 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(DISCUSSION) #013 Does The Bible Create Atheists?
« on: May 06, 2017, 09:42:34 PM »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: (DISCUSSION) #013 Does The Bible Create Atheists?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »
HaleFPV​Hello Hello

Cathi Jennex​:)

Cathi Jennex​hello

james skovorodin​The law is a schoolmaster

Christopher Johnson​^

Virtuous Desires​What false converts have in common with athiests is neither want the Christian God of the Bible to be in authority over their lives.

Virtuous Desires​So in summary, people like to create God in their own image rather than seeing Him As Is.

chrisryals29​Message deleted by Christopher Johnson.View deleted message

Virtuous Desires​I don't see this group as trashing atheist. The problem we have in this world particularly America is moral relativism. There's only one absolute truth, to stay from that even a little is disastrous.

Virtuous Desires​I meant shy away from absolute truth is disastrous.
chrisryals29 was banned by Christopher Johnson.

Niganor​Could you write an article/video that speaks of the type of music and instruments that are biblically allowed in worship? Thanks

Christopher Johnson​Nope.

Calvin Clemons​Here, but late and am starting form the beginning, so i will not be posting. Other than this.

anvilhauler engineering​Just joined late too. What a bad time to have a network switch die.

Psxpert Sylph​just joining in...

Virtuous Desires​Actually, to wrap your head around non existence is just try to remember things before you were born. There's your answer. :)

Niganor​I'm sorry for being relatively off topic, answer this as you'd please... But, If atheists are atheists for the fact that they would like to fulfill their own lusts, aren't debates relatively vain?

Niganor​2 Timothy 2:23, "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes."

Psxpert Sylph​there's a small minority that can recall memory of around the time they were born and can surely say i'm part of the minorit

Psxpert Sylph​I can recall memories of being a infant

Virtuous Desires​I meant before you were born. There's nothing there.

Psxpert Sylph​sorry, that was an offtopic

anvilhauler engineering​Note to self: Don't fly with that airline.

Virtuous Desires​niganor. look up Proverbs 26 4-5

Psxpert Sylph​the levites are bless to do Gods work

Niganor​What is folly in biblical terms?

anvilhauler engineering​With the number of people in each of the tribes the work load would have been quite small for each person. I've often thought how idyliic it would have been.

Psxpert Sylph​We would need a balanced with another pilot with another and opposite good eye to help fly the plane

Psxpert Sylph​two pilots with one good eye

Virtuous Desires​Depends on the context because there's multiple definitions. Go to Google, type in Webster 1828 dictionary and type the word folly in the search bar.

Virtuous Desires​I'm on a smartphone, can't copy and paste without leaving the video.

Psxpert Sylph​where is the line a parent has to draw to disepline their child?

Psxpert Sylph​I hear to many children screaming at my job....

anvilhauler engineering​My degree is in biochemistry LOL

Psxpert Sylph​if i'm an artist, I should know something about art and explain art

anvilhauler engineering​Kevin 1 : Atheist Nil

Christopher Johnson​LOL

Psxpert Sylph​if i'm a designer, I should atleast know something about design and explain art & designing

Psxpert Sylph​<<< this is Eric from the forum BYW ^__^ /wave

Virtuous Desires​Realitybegins from Sunday here. :)

anvilhauler engineering​Hi Eric

Psxpert Sylph​yo 😁

Psxpert Sylph​"dog eat dog world"

Virtuous Desires​Moral relativism...

Virtuous Desires​Stop it Tonya, you're making me laugh! 😂

Psxpert Sylph​when I was a child... I was out exploring

Psxpert Sylph​did Josh get a HAIRCUT!?

Psxpert Sylph​*clap Clap clap Clap

anvilhauler engineering​Meaningless chemical reactions having morals? How to baffle an atheist.

Virtuous Desires​I thought his hair was wet.

Psxpert Sylph​I really thought he had longer hair

HaleFPV​Great chat. Thanks

Cathi Jennex​Thank you

Psxpert Sylph​take care all

anvilhauler engineering​Another excellent GH.

anvilhauler engineering​Bye all.

Calvin Clemons​God bless you brethren.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Joshua

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 17
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
Re: (DISCUSSION) #013 Does The Bible Create Atheists?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »
I chuckled so much while reading everyones comments right now.  Thank you all for that!

Wow, I really like the detective work:
Eric, you're right: I did get a hair cut.  I try to get one at the beginning of ever odd numbered month (every 2 months), as I like routines.

Ben, you're also right: I did wet my hair with water, just 20 minutes before the recording (because I forgot to clean up earlier today.  Oops...)

Topic Starter:
During the chat among listeners (as seen above), Ben (Virtuous Desires​) mentioned Proverbs 26:4-5
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
-Proverbs 26:4-5

Whole Chapter: Proverbs 26(KJB Online)
CLE Article about those verses: Bible Contradictions: Answer The Fool or Not? (Proverbs 26)

Topic Starter:
For anyone who would like to reference or read the entire article we were discussing (click the link):
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2016/04/11-bible-verses-that-turn-christians-into-atheists/
Jeremy Myers (the author), wrote things that I did not feel comfortable including, and frankly I would not want to utter those things out of my mouth; therefore I did not include all 11 of his points.  You can read his article at your own discretion.

I like to know what the author looks like, and I meant to show everyone this picture during the recording, but I forgot, so here is the picture of him.

And I do realize that his long hair may have brought up some conversation about what the scriptures say in 1 Corinthians 11 (KJB Online), which may have been an enlightening conversation.
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; -1 Corinthians 7:29-30

Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. -Ephesians 5:16