Author Topic: Romans 12:21  (Read 2188 times)

IMF19

Romans 12:21
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:30:02 AM »
Hey guys, happy new years!

To start off this year, I've become concerned with Romans 12:21, which says "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

I have no idea if this is related to 2 Corinthians 10:5.

As an aspiring writer pre-salvation, I was used to thinking it meant "Christianizing the content" or "justify biblical means".

However, as I know now, neither does God justify lies, nor change things but people.

Can someone give a solid interpretation of Romans 12:21, please?

Thank you.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Romans 12:21
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »
Just as a side note, I don't think you'll find too many people here very receptive "Happy New Years." Again, you didn't do anything wrong, but I'm just giving you a heads up because a lot of us don't celebrate that stuff with the world. The current "New Years" celebration is also based on paganism and Catholicism, and it is interconnected to "April Fool's Day." (See https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/easter.php#2)

Next, to your main point, Romans 12:21 is explained by the context of the previous four verses. Instead of just explaining each one to you, perhaps you could first give us your own understanding of them? Just write out each verse here (Rom 12:17-21), and then give us your understanding of each individual verse in its context, then we can discuss it further if need be.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:33:50 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

4givenessmini

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
    • none
  • First Name: James
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:37:07 AM »
Actually Chris is right and their are many other celebrations or holidays we don't or should not take knowledge of but sometimes we all have to let God be true as even true Christian can be over come by the lack of knowledge their of. Sure my grandmother taught me about a lot of these holidays and also even some of the churches I have attended when I was younger. Celebrations are good if they celebrate life.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 11:40:47 AM »
The holiday was a side note; this is mainly about his question on Romans 12. I'm still waiting for his response. If you want to discuss those other matters, you can always post a new topic and talk about them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:42:52 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18