Author Topic: Why I Post These Letters  (Read 9460 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Why I Post These Letters
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:22:55 PM »
The main purpose for these letters is the benefit of the church as a whole, but there are a few specific reasons I would like for readers to understand:
  • TO HELP CHRISTIANS IN THEIR CONVERSATIONS - Many born again Christians I've spoken with have written me asking how they should talk with someone, or how they should respond to certain subjects. I cannot give them a straight-forward answer a lot of times because I do not know the full details of their situations, nor am I familiar with the fullness of their Biblical knowledge; in short, it's very difficult to tell a lot of times, but the fact that they are asking is expressing the desire to be more Biblically sound in how they respond to people they talk to, whether they need to approach them from a compassion standpoint, or from a "fear of God" standpoint.
    Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
    -Jude 1:21-23

These letters are my personal interactions with a wide variety of people who write me, but most of them are those who write me in opposition. Some Christians have written to inform me that these letters have helped them in knowing how to approach people on a variety of subjects, and how to answer them properly with Scripture.
  • TO BUILD UP CHRISTIANS IN THEIR DISCERNMENT - Some Christians do not understand why I respond to certain people the way that I do, and this gives them an opportunity to see the details, ask questions, and I can respond to them. The way we respond to people changes as our Biblical understanding grows, and so when Christians can see a basic conversation in an organized fashion, documented in writing so they can take their time with it, and see the Scripture laid out for them with it, it helps train them so they can go forward and exercise their own discernment.
    But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    -Heb 5:14
  • TO CORRECT ME - If I said something in error, making a mistake in my understanding of what someone else said, or a Scriptural error of any kind, I can be corrected by the church.
    Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
    -Pro 15:10
    Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
    -Pro 9:8

Often, these letters come from scorners who hate rebuke and correction; they want nothing to do with that because they lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts. I have certainly made errors, and so those sometimes have to be pointed out; however, it is good for the church to see how often people hate correction, so they will be prepared to hear the things said in the letters, and will know how to respond. I don't want to have made a grievous error without recognizing it, so that also I would not be found a hypocrite when standing before the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • TO REDEEM MY TIME - Often, scoffers, scorners, and skeptics write me in order to waste my time. What will happen is that they will spend anywhere from 1-5 minutes writing a letter, and I might spend anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours responding to it. In short, it takes me a lot longer to write them than it takes them to write me, typically because they often type something quickly into their phone while they're on the go, while I'm sitting in my office reading, responding, providing Scriptural reference, color coding for easy reading, and proof reading 3, 4, maybe even 5 times. Why do I do all that?
    Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
    -Col 3:22-25

In the ministry of the doctrine of Christ, I am supposed to be a servant; that's what the word "minister" means (i.e. to serve). However, there are a lot of people out there who look to take advantage of that, and waste my time, causing me to throw out my pearls before swine, who will carelessly stomp on them, and turn to attack me.
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    -Mat 7:6
    See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
    -Eph 5:15-16

Therefore, the idea I originally had was to not only be able to sharpen my own discernment by practicing on the scoffers who write me, but also to benefit the church by recording them and publishing them for their use. This allowed me to do what Christ would have me do, which is to do all things as if I did it for Him, but at the same time, I could redeem my time and use those conversations to benefit the church.
We also sometimes get those in the church that scoff at the fact that I post these letters, but I would remind them that if they truly love these people, open rebuke is good for their souls.
Open rebuke is better than secret love.
-Pro 27:5

Most of the time, the reason some Christians scoff at me for these letters is because they're afraid. They're afraid to speak boldly to their family and neighbors, and so it is easier for them to condemn me than to face those closest to them for the sake of Christ. That's why they will not speak up, and have a snare over their mouths when wicked unbelievers or churchgoers speak foolish words that mock the teachings of the Christian God of the Bible.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
-Gal 6:7

Stop being afraid of men, and start fearing God. God willing, I hope these letters will help everyone in the church to do that.
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
-Pro 29:25
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
-1Ti 5:20
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Tts 1:10-13

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
-Eph 6:18-19
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 04:28:59 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18