Author Topic: Billy Graham's Dead: His Followers React #2  (Read 7419 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Billy Graham's Dead: His Followers React #2
« on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »

Stephen from Abilene

It is people like you that make me despise the Fundamental Baptist Churches.  You spread hate and lies about fine Christian men and women.   I am a Southern Baptist, very conservative.  Billy Graham was very clear that there was only one way to heaven.   Also, when I preach a city wide crusade, I invite everyone to participate. (Church of Christ, Catholic, whatever)   My reasoning is that I control what is preached (I preach what you preach),  I control all the counselors  (trained evangelical Christians) and I would rather have the seats filled with Church of Christ, Catholics, whatever, so that they will hear the true way of Salvation which is the 4 or 5 "fundamentals of the Gospel".    I have a lot of Fundamental Baptist Friends and about the time I decide to worship with them, I read a web site like you.   And the attitude or belief that the King James Version is the ONLY version is stupid and just dumb.   If you want to take a stand like that then advocate the GREEK VERSION!
My previous post was my true feelings about your web site and what you preach.  It was not intended to be hateful but honest about what appears to be a hateful spirit in you.  I am sure people say the same about me when I condemn homosexuality, etc.    But, a better discussion is to figure out "how you think".  How you come up with the silly idea about the King James Version.  (I do agree it uses the BEST GREEK and wish we had a modern version based on that Greek).  But how can you, a mere human, think you can judge that Billy Graham is in Hell???  The Bible says it is very simple.  "Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."    Honestly, you come across as legalistic as my Church of Christ friends.

I provided direct quotations with referenced sources, video of Graham making statements, and Scripture to back up everything I said, showing how Graham's doctrine opposes the Word of God. You provided a bunch of whiny opinions with nothing to back it up, so it's clear you don't know the facts or Scripture. The Christian God of the Bible doesn't care about your opinions, because you can only be saved if you are humbled to repentance (i.e. repentance is grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing), and that's how you gain a love of the truth.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
-2Co 7:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
-2Th 2:10

You'll end up in hell with Billy Graham if you don't repent. At least I love you enough to tell you the truth and warn you of God's wrath to come. Graham's time ended; he faced judgment and hell, and the clock's ticking for you as well.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
-Heb 9:27

You can't play church-ianity and enter heaven. I pray the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and your family with all your needs throughout the coming week, and I hope you have a wonderful evening.

There you go again, judging. 

How do you conclude that I have not repented of my sins?    I knew I was a sinner and I repented and turned my life over to Jesus.  But more importantly, I BELIEVED HIS BLOOD paid for all of my sins.  He is the only way by His resurrection from the dead and He is living in my heart at this moment.  So you did a lot of judging.  You come across that what YOU SAY is more important than what GOD SAYS.  I know that is not what you believe????   I am trying not to judge you.

You did not say one word about FAITH OR BELIEVE.   John 3:16    So I am to conclude that you have never placed your faith in Jesus?  Of course not, I would never do that.

You did not say a word about CONFESSION  (confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus)    So am I to conclude that you have NEVER Confessed that Jesus is Lord?    Of course not, I would never do that.

You did not say one word about believing Jesus was raised from the dead!   So am I to conclude you do not believe that.   Of course not.

IF you study the BIBLE, Jesus said the word FAITH many more times than repentance.  You did not say one word about Faith.  The TRUTH is it is all of the above.   You must repent of your sins and place your faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Then He is to be the Lord of your life.  I AM GOING TO HEAVEN ONLY because Jesus paid the price for my sins by His blood on the cross.  That is the bottom line.   AND THAT IS THE MESSAGE I HEARD FROM BILLY GRAHAM ALL OF MY LIFE!

AND if you have a "canned" prayer that includes all of the above, THAT WILL NOT SAVE YOU!   It is a heart issue.  It is being born again.   Repentance,  Belief,  Receiving,  Confession

ALSO, people do all of these things many different ways.  By praying out loud,  by believing and receiving in their heart,  by making it all public and repenting to live a life for Jesus,  by crying out to Jesus to save them.  However, if you are one of those preachers who says, "repent of your sins and say this prayer" you may be leading many to a false Christian life.

There you go again, judging.
As I said, you don't know Scripture, and you don't care. You're proving my point the more you write.
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
-1Co 2:15
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

We have a teaching in which we rebuke the hypocrisy of people like you who think Christians shouldn't judge anyone.
Unbiblical Cop-Outs: "Don't Judge Me!"
Yet, you have judged me in your letter, which makes you a hypocrite.
QUOTE: It is people like you that make me despise the Fundamental Baptist Churches.  You spread hate and lies about fine Christian men and women.
That's judging sir! You just hate RIGHTEOUS judgement from the Word of God because you hate and fight against the Christian God of the Bible in your heart. That's why you love Billy Graham so much, because you hate the Christian God of the Bible. If you loved the Lord God, you would love what I'm teaching because I teach from His Word, but you do not know or understand His Word, and you hate me for the same reason you hate God.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
-John 15:19 

You also judged me without knowledge.
AND if you have a "canned" prayer that includes all of the above, THAT WILL NOT SAVE YOU!
We don't teach that. You don't know what we teach, which is why you said "if," instead of looking into what we teach; if fact, it's probably the case that you did not even READ the our teaching on Billy Graham; did you? Do you at least have enough honesty in you to tell me the truth? You read the title, maybe opened it, maybe skimmed through it, and then answered us in your hatred; to which the Bible says is foolishness and you should be ashamed.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13 

You don't even want to see or hear what Billy Graham actually believed and taught. You've simply judged us in your unrighteousness, but I have judged you and Billy Graham according to God's Word. You must repent (i.e. have grief and godly sorrow) of your wicked heart because right now, you're worshiping God in vain, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
-Mark 7:7

Until you come to repentance, you won't listen, and thus, I'm wasting my time. If one day you do repent, you know where we are. Have a wonderful day sir.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Graham's Dead: His Followers React #2
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »
If anyone wants to know more about his error on the Greek, you can check this out:
How to Play the Greek Game
The best translation of the Greek New Testament we have today is in the King James Bible.
Why I Use The King James Bible
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Benjamin

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 7
    • View Profile
    • Reality Begins
  • First Name: Benjamin
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
Wow... Since gaining wisdom the Lord has so graciously given me I see that attitude a lot in people. It's like cookie cutter responses.
Psalm 50:21 KJV 21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »
Gee, Chris, how come you never told us before you were a Fundamental Baptist? LOL

Anvilhauler

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »
LOL A Baptist   .....  as if that's not bad enough   .....  what's a "Southern Baptist"?  I guess they might just drawl their words a whole lot more than a middle or a northern baptist. 

The guy also happily treats members of the Jesus' Mum Fan Club (Roman Catholics) as if they are Christians.  Maybe he doesn't realise that being a Star Trek fan also doesn't make a person an astronaut.

1 Corinthians 1 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15 lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

1 Corinthians 3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

Ah, I see.  He's of the division of the Southern Baptists.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »
LOL A Baptist   .....  as if that's not bad enough   .....  what's a "Southern Baptist"?  I guess they might just drawl their words a whole lot more than a middle or a northern baptist. 

As a southerner, I can say that that's pretty much it lol. I'm personally not aware that a 'Southern Baptist' is any different from any other from up north. I can say they're all leavened.

The baptists that I've talked to here typically act like this guy saying "You shouldn't judge!" I usually ask them what they think about people who judge others. They give me a response like "Well, they're hateful" or "They're hypocrites". Then I tell them that they just passed judgment on someone else. They always get flustered after that lol.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »
Yeah, just to clarify, I don't know about any of you, but I'm not a Baptist.

Anvilhauler

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
The last "church" I ever attended here was a "Baptist Church". 

I used to have people commenting to me that I was a "baptist".  Not that I'm even interested in knowing   .....  but as a Christian I have absolutely no idea what a "baptist" is.  Please nobody enlighten me.

On the positive side here, when the results of our last census came out a number of years back there was a much increased percentage of the population who identified as Christian but not affiliated with any "denomination". 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »
On the positive side here, when the results of our last census came out a number of years back there was a much increased percentage of the population who identified as Christian but not affiliated with any "denomination".
Agreed. Christians ought to agree with us on such matters because the New Testament does NOT mention denominations for the church in any shape or form.
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
-Phl 2:2