Author Topic: David Emme intro aka daveme7  (Read 78 times)

daveme7

David Emme intro aka daveme7
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »
Helloe,

My name is David Emme.
I live in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania which is one of the greatest places to live.
My wife lives in Dumaguete in Negroes Oriental in the Philippines to whom I will be joining soon until we conclude the Immigration process to bring her to America.

I was saved at age 13 at a Charismatic Church as one of my friendís momís led me to the Lord. At 17 after I graduated high school I went into the Marines for five years where I became an Independent Fundamental Baptist in 1990 all in the same year. Got out in 1995 and went to bible college at Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College for three semesters.

In 2000 I left my church searching for greener pastures never satisfied with what I found. 2001 went into the Army and looked where I was stationed in Ft Lewis, WA. Until I met another sister in the Army, was never satisfied with what I found-I got connected with The Local Church of Tacoma associated with Living Streams Ministries and Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

I Deployed to Iraq in 2004 and lasted seven weeks being wounded twice. The second time I was wounded was from an IED and received a penetrating head wound to the head where I have shrapnel in my brain and a prosthetic skull bigger than my hand taking up nearly the whole left side of my head. I have been retired since 2006 and am a disabled veteran.
Because of this I have not been able to return to church until recently where I have returned to my first church. When I was a little kid, my parents were Jehovah Witnesses. I started going to a different church on a bus route. I was so scared and received spankings-my parents never knew where I was. They figured I was playing in the woods behind our house, at a friendís house, or at some playground somewhere. I asked the bus captain to not come to the house and visit. This lasted about nine or ten months. When he visited, my [parents were so mad at me-my mom because she feared we would be put out of the Kingdom Hall as Apostates for letting me go to a Christian Church. My dad because my sisters could have been going with me the whole time and they started going with me. When I was asked by my bus captain why I liked going to his church instead of my parents, ďbecause my parents church donít love Jesus but yours does and I love JesusĒ.

My parents had split up when I was ten, we moved from the area, had not seen my dad or knew he was alive until I found him before I retired from the Army in 2006. Moved with him to help take care of him until he died in 2007. When I had enough healing in answer to prayer in my desire to return to church, I could not remember the name of the church I last went to in 1982. When looking at another church online, I just happened upon the church and recognized the name, looked at some of the pictures from back in the day and knew that was my church! Checjed the doctrine and visited, the spirit was so sweet, people nice and welcoming-I knew I was back home in the right place in the right church-my home church-my original church-the kind of church I had been looking for since leaving the Independent Fundamental Baptists. Enough doctrine and theology to challenge and instruct me, sweet fellowship and worship, plenty of opportunities for evangelism and missions, and plenty of people where for once I feel like spiritually I am fighting above my weight and can soak it in from others instead of being the one who knows the most in the church and never seemed to get fed by anyone including the pastor or preaching. Donít ever mean to seem like putting people or preachers down-never my intention but just sharing where I came from to where I am going. Now I am in the process of joining Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church of Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Receiving a degree in Business Administration with a concentration (or minor) in Supply Chain Management from Muhlenberg College. I donít know if I will be able to ever return to the work force though I would like toÖnot that I need to but because I want to. It is about trying to get back some of what I had before I got blown up in Iraq, it is about my recovering from my wounds in battle.

I wrote this chapter in this book which can be purchased-kindle or hard copy but can also be found here. It is uncredited but long quotes-the reason was when I was contacted about it, there was no time to do contractual stuff to credit me so to get it in I could not be credited. Plans are to write my own book on my experiences on my wounding and recovery. The name of the book is Hidden Battles on Unseen Fronts:Stories of American Soldiers with Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD
http://www.brainline.org/content/2009/03/hidden-battles-on-unseen-fronts_pageall.html

Thank you and God bless
David Emme

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: David Emme intro aka daveme7
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:40:20 AM »
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. It's kinda hard to tell from your post. though, what actually brought you here. I mean, how did you find CLE, how much of the teachings are you familiar with, and what do you hope to learn from and/or contribute to our community here?

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

daveme7

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
Jeanne,

Met Chris and had some dialogue with him on KJV issues through a youtube video on a discussion between Steve Anderson and James White. Saw fit to defend him in one are because I knew the truth-when one person pushed about the Apocrypha-was that inspired as well. Well I know that was never considered bible by the translators and added by the translators for historical references between the testaments.

I challenged Chris on one of his points and was impress with the fact that he conceded the point in a respectful manner and we had a good conversation about version issues though I do not agree with him.

I think I bring a unique perspective on a variety of issues but the one I am most concerned about is the Emergent church movement and sharing with others what I have learned. To break it down the easiest way, it is the modernism controversy of old that brought out fundamentalism to oppose liberalism but dressed in new clothes-new names and new advocates.

I am also a learner and a self learner and even though I think I know a lot, have always learned from those who do not know so much but always honestly seeking the Lord in unpretentious ways. I have learned from a young convert who barely knew a word of English-but Spanish. She was 70 years old and in a church fellowship, seemed I learned more from her than anyone else-a time when the Lord broke me of my spiritual pride of my own knowledge in my studies and knowledge getting. Also, I can always learn from those I disagree with. For example, I am a Calvinist, A Four Pointer. Many other things I do not agree with-double predestination, salvation before faith, God in control of everything-not in the way many Calvinists propose (he is in control of everything but because he keeps this world and Universe dissolving into nothingness and upholds it by the word of his power-so yes he is controlling everything in that way but not causing people to sin). I was very intrigued by Chris's article on the time element where  as I understood it-elected outside of time but freewill inside of time. Interesting.

Here is another example from my own church-learning from a new believer. In Sunday School, a new believer brought up this point-when people say why does God let bad things happen to good people but the fact is when we take our first breath, we are not good people, we are bad people in rebellion against God in need of a Saviour. I would never ever would have thought of that on my own. I am a learner and ever learning but also feel I can be an asset in sharing what I know, what I have learned, what I have been taught by the Lord.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 32
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Red warning flags are going off for me on a number of things I just read, but I don't think I'm going to list them out here. All I'm going to say is there are things not adding up here, so I'm going to remain cautious.

As for a conversation over the new-age bible versions, I don't remember any of that; I shut down youtube comments on our channel a long time ago. But that means you've been around a long time, and you actually read an article that hardly anyone's looked at, so that's impressive.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

daveme7

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:01 AM »
Chris,

You are right-it is my mis-idintification. It was with a fellow named Steve Thompson who shared a URL to this site. I apologize for misinforming. It was not intentional. I hope that was the only thing you found suspicious. I can surely understand why. My apologies, I am sorry. Wow, what an auspicious beginning. Saying this, I try to be a person of integrity and very transparent in everything I say or do though mistakes I do make. Again, my fault, I apologize.
In Christ
David Emme

It was on this video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL3mWM4TSh8

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
Wow, I read the title to that video and shut it off immediately. Two people who claim to be "Christians" and I don't believe them for a second. Those guys are two of the most deceptive teachers out there. James White got the nick-name "Snow" White because he's been caught lying so many times. Steven Anderson... well... here's a short video I made; it was developed to demonstrate the problem with Kent Hovind yoking up with Steven Anderson, but it should make the point clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRo-NbRYm3s
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:35 AM »
I think I bring a unique perspective on a variety of issues but the one I am most concerned about is the Emergent church movement and sharing with others what I have learned. To break it down the easiest way, it is the modernism controversy of old that brought out fundamentalism to oppose liberalism but dressed in new clothes-new names and new advocates.

I'm going to guess that this is one of the things that put Chris on guard. This implies that you believe you have knowledge and insight that no one has ever thought of or heard of before and, furthermore, you intend to educate us in the areas in which we are ignorant. My apologies if this is not what you meant, but that's the way it comes across and it actually sounds a bit arrogant.

Another thing that struck me was that you still seem to have some pride in your learning and this Scripture came to mind as I was reading:

2 Timothy 3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

daveme7

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
Jeanne,

Do you know everything about the scriptures?

Do you delight in learning the scriptures?

I have been studying the scriptures a long time and know a lot and believe me, there is still so very much for me in what I desire to learn and a vast amount I do not know...but that is not quite the same as saying never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

You asked me what I would contribute and I answered...take offense to it or not-yes I do believe I have a unique perspective on the emergent church and in reality on many things but specifically on the emergent church movement. I have read their books(and counter books) studied their theologies and philosophies-traced their unnamed philosophies, theologies and tactics sometimes leading right into new ageisms and yes because of this I do believe it lends me to having a unique perspective that I can share and enlighten and as stated-maybe others can share with me what they have learned so I can add feathers to my cap and that is how we can all teach each other-that is how I can contribute to the group. You asked, I answered. Could you not put that in with the examples I used and see how others even baby Christians have taught me even recently? Context is important. It is all right there.

I am just trying to figure out, what did you expect to hear when you asked how would I contribute to the group? I am puzzled at this. Was I to not share what my strengths are or how I could be a benefit to others?

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
Hi David, welcome to the forum.
I see you use a lot of words. My time is very limited so I notice;-) no offense.
I havent been here for very long but most people who come to the forum seem to be seeking to learn and grow.
In your introduction it's not really clear what your motivation is but you don't seem to be drawn here for a hunger to learn but rather you believe you have things to teach/tell us. Have I understood you correctly?

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »
David, after thinking about it, I was going to amend my post to add that I didn't believe that Scripture necessarily applied to you or that you don't have a knowledge of the truth. It's just that the more educated a person is (especially by mainstream Bible colleges or seminaries) the harder it is for that person to unlearn what they have been taught when it isn't the truth. Whether it applies to you or not remains to be seen. Posting a debate between James White and Steven Anderson is not looking good so far, though, because neither one of those guys comes anywhere close to living the way the Bible says we ought to.

I'm very glad you study the Bible, and no, none of us claims to know everything that is in it, either. But then, it also comes back to which Bible you study, too. If you study anything other than the KJV, then you never will come to full knowledge of the truth and will, in fact, be learning a lot of UNtruth. Steven Anderson is living proof that even reading the KJV is no guarantee that a person will learn the truth but reading any of the New Age versions will pretty much guarantee that they won't.

As far as the 'emergent church' goes, I'm not even sure what that is because it's been a long time since I attended a church building and I don't pay a lot of attention to what 501(c)(3) ministries have to say anyway. That topic of discussion might be beneficial for someone who has been caught up in it but I'm afraid it would just go over my head.

daveme7

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
Jeanne,

Do you believe in sourcing anything?

Do you follow conversations and read with consistency?

I did not put the URL or reference it for no other reason other than I simply made a mistake and I wanted to be able to show where this happened-where you could go and read whom I was talking to. If you followed along, Chris expressed astonishment that I had talked to him in comments in a youtube video for he closes or does not permit the ability to comment on videos he posts. So as to aleive any suspicions I posted the URL of the video where I had made the comments and to whom. It was never intended to be teaching this or that.

Seems you are looking for controversey where you can find it.

I thought this was a place where I could come and find some fellowship, mutual respect with people with the spirit of grace-not suspicion. What gives. What fear drives you? Can't you stand someone who knows something? Or is this just like every other authoritarian driven church I have been to where the pastor is Lord and king-instead of a servant to the people of God. Seems like as soon as someone comes one, you tell them which way the mop flops and unless they get in line-start slapping them around if they happen to bristle. I am not that guy. Never have been Leaders lead and when others come in with ability, the mature ones never feel threatened-the immature ones who are honest are always relieved for those who can humbly can come aside and not take over but come along aside and help support.

Grow up.

Please remove my membership.

Won't see me here again.

In Christ

David Emme

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »
That's fine if David doesn't come here again, and his abrupt leaving is a blessing based on what I've read so far. I figured David was going to start some fights or end up taking off anyway, and that's because of his first two posts. Did anyone notice there wasn't really a testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ anywhere in them?

He also claims he was "saved" in the charismatic church; as soon as I read that, I red flags were going off in my mind, because the "jesus" of the charismatics is not the Jesus Christ of the Bible, and they teach a false gospel. Their version of "getting saved" is simply "accepting" their "jesus," which means there is no repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing), and thus it's not really salvation. This is not to say that no one in the charismatic church can ever be born again, but the problem is that there is nothing about the blood of Christ, guilt, sin, repentance, the law, etc; there's nothing in what he wrote that testifies that he's born again, which lead me immediately to suspicion that something's not right.

I didn't say all this immediately because I wanted to go easy on him, and the reason for that is because of his experiences with Jehovah's Witnesses, which combined with the charismatic church, he's been through a whirlwind of false doctrine. I wanted to ease him into these conversations because I knew there would be a lot he would read here that would be offensive; namely, that I wasn't very convinced he's actually a Christian, but simply has a "belief in God," and that means he wouldn't be fellowshipping with the type of crowd he's looking for.

Of course, I can be wrong about his salvation, but I'm going to stick with the evidence, or rather, the lack thereof. People can say I'm making assumptions, but he's the one who said: "I try to be... very transparent in everything I say or do" -- and I believe he does, which is why I could tell very quickly there were some problems.

So no, Jeanne, when you said: "I'm going to guess that this is one of the things that put Chris on guard." -- that was not the case. I would appreciate it if you would stop doing that because that's not the first time I've had to correct you of indirectly putting words in my mouth. If you have something to say to David then YOU say it to him; don't put it on me.

I also disagree that he seemed prideful; he didn't get upset until you said that to him, and perhaps now everyone can see why I've said I avoid telling other people they are prideful. When we do that, it tends to blind us to to our own pride.

I put an edification vote on Masha's post because I thought her kind approach was even better than mine, and definitely a lot more humble.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 01:23:02 AM »
I apologise, Chris. I was wrong. I'm still learning, as you can tell, but I am trying to do better. I'm sorry for making assumptions about you, and I'm sorry I wasn't more humble with David myself. I didn't take his previous 'religious' experiences into account as much as I should have.

I hope you'll forgive me, Chris. Yes, it does sting when you have to correct me like that but I know I deserve it and you wouldn't be doing your job as a Christian if you didn't. Some habits are very hard to break and I truly am trying. I want to do what is pleasing to the Lord.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:18 AM »
Sadly, he completely ignored Masha's kind comments. That should tell you what kind of person he is.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 05:33:14 AM »
Sad. I would have like to hear what he had to say. We are all still learning and growing in His mercy, patience and grace.

2Ti 2:24, And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Pro 18:13, He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.