Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p1  (Read 4572 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p1
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Steven Anderson: Wolves in Costume p1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »
This is an important teaching for many reasons.
Not the least of which is that Christians need to be familiar with how subtle and crafty some false teachers can be.  Not all false teachers are obvious like Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen.
All Christians would do well to have some understanding on how scripture itself can be manipulated to promote false doctrine.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 02:39:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to listening to this teaching tonight.

As with evidence being presented in a court it just takes time in amongst all of the usual busyness to be able to sit down and deconstruct someone's communications and sort out the fact from the fiction.  The more the offender gets to talk the more they produce material that condemns themselves all the while not realizing that someone will within time be going over what they say or write with a fine toothed comb.

Those who are truly offenders versus those who genuinely make a mistake is shown up by their reaction when they are corrected with sound doctrine.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Chris

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:03 PM »
From Webster's 1828

MAL'ICE, noun [Latin malitia, from malus, evil.] Extreme enmity of heart, or malevolence; a disposition to injure others without cause, from mere personal gratification or from a spirit of revenge; unprovoked malignity or spite.

I have not read through the teaching, yet.  I did listen to part 1 of the teaching.  There seems to be a theme of guile, hypocrisy, and malice.  1 Peter 2 came to mind while listening.  I will admit to doing a word search for malice afterwards.  In the verses I found, there was a theme that seemed to repeat itself.  Once we are born again, we are to lay aside the ways of the old man and demonstrate the Spirit given to us.

Christopher Johnson claims that he can prove by God's word that Anderson is not born again.  When I read 1 Peter 2, I learn as babes we are to lay aside certain things and desire the milk of the word.  Anderson has clearly not obeyed these words.  If he did, maybe he would have desired and understood the milk (for example repentance and remission of sins) of the word.

There are several verses dealing with malice. I listed a few below: 

1 Peter 2:1-2

1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Colossians 3:6-8 & 12

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1 Corinthians 14:20

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »
I was confused at first because the way you wrote it in the first couple of paragraphs almost made it sound like I was the one bringing malice, and I was thinking, "What did I do?" But, the last part of your post made it more clear what you were trying to say. Good points made; I'll be demonstrating a lot more proof of Anderson's false conversion in the coming weeks.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Chris

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
I'm sorry about that. I reread the post and agreed that it is pretty confusing whom I'm talking about.

I was addressing the one that prayed for others to get sick, die, and go to hell.  Anderson is the definition of malicious.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 12:36:37 AM »
Wonderful teaching, Christopher. I was looking forward to listening to it when I saw it in my YouTube notifications. I'm so sorry to all the church for not having been on the forum in a very long time. Lord willing, I should be able to be a regular part of the discussions again soon. I do miss you all and am very blessed that my account has not been removed because of my absence. Thank you all, and above all, I thank the Lord Jesus Christ.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 01:01:06 AM »
No, that typically only happens to people who haven't posted hardly anything. It's rather hard to lose your account here if you've participated for a while at any point.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 02:18:34 AM »

Severius, it is good to see you on the forum again.  :-)

We know you have been very busy at your job and helping your mom at home.

We care about you so very much, and have missed you... and are hoping you are doing well.

Take good care, and we'll see you soon :-)

Wynand

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Wynand
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 01:31:41 PM »
I had about almost 400 of steven andersons sermons. There was a time when I was clearly deceived by him.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
I was so excited about this teaching because I was once someone who would listen to his teaching many years ago. But it was steven himself that open my eyes to see him for what he really is. Like the hole I.d thing, what kind of role model is he really. He could of spent up to 1 minute or less to show his i.d and be on his way but instead he wasted over 90 min to argue over it. But the biggest reason is how angry he gets and hatefull, or calling jesus a lier.

As far as I can remember he was not always like that, but agin I only follow his online teaching so he may have always been but only post his calm teaching

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 05:46:38 PM »
Remember that even I, at one time, was deceived about that and would have possible done the same as Anderson did. We ought not to judge uncharitably that someone might have made an error in their own discernment. However, it's his lies and hypocrisy that is the problem, and I'll get to more Biblical examples later in the teaching to demonstrate that we are commanded to remove him from the church, but those churchgoers in his cult are too afraid of him to do so, and even if they tried, he'd have his bodyguards carry out all who oppose him.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 06:00:40 PM »
Yes your right. he was not growing in Christ or see God giving him a quiet spirit. If I was to see he was slowly making changes in light of scripture and correct his errors he made at the pulpit, this would be a different story. A little leven leven the hole lump. But a little poison kill the hole flock. He is a lier and duble minded. I bet he don't even believe in what he teach.