Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 5513 times)

IMF19

Hello everyone!
« on: December 28, 2018, 07:52:51 PM »
Greetings and salutations,

My name is Ian, and let me tell you a little bit about myself so you can get to know me better.

I was born and raised in Wisconsin, to Christian parents, along with my younger brother.

I grew up attending churches that were "non-denominational" and/or "evangelical", and I was baptized at age 9. At that point however, I was still unsure of if I was truly saved or not.

I was born with high-functioning autism, and throughout my childhood, it wasn't uncommon that my family and I would get into verbal - though not physical - arguments on a daily basis.

In addition, I was not very devout either, As I struggled with fantasies that started at 5 years old, progressing into full-on addiction when I was 14.

By the time I was 18, I started to question my salvation, and I became increasingly concerned about my future, and more specifically, my eternity. It was then that my walls began to crumble, and my life began to change.

In the past several months, I began to question my faith seriously, because at that point, I was looking for serious thirst in where I was heading in life.

I began to question CCM music, then "Christian" films and "Christian" entertainers. That was followed by prominent "Christian" figures, and also "Christian" media.

It wasn't until several days ago that I stumbled upon the realization that this whole time, I've been following the lies of pagan practices, "evangelical ecumenism", and the new-age looks of Christianity and "Church-ianity".

Through the hard work of Mr. Johnson on the behalf of Creation Liberty Evangelism, citing sources and using biblical correction through the King James Bible, I thank him very dearly for showing me that repentance is not praying the sinner's prayer, inviting Jesus into my heart, or any other new-age fallacy.

I'm grateful that Mr. Johnson has presented the true meaning of salvation to me through repentance - the grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing - and the believing on the blood payment of the Lord Jesus Christ for my sins.

I'm thankful to have been saved by the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, the one who shed His blood for me and rose again to save me from an eternity in Hell.

Thank you everyone for taking a second to read this message,

May the true God bless you all, and have a good night.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »
It's good to have you here, Ian! I praised God that you found true repentance through Chris' teaching on the subject and look forward to getting to know you better. You won't find a better place to grow in your faith and learn the truth of the Bible.

How did you actually find the CLE website and teachings? What were you looking for at the time?

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »
Welcome Ian, it's good to have you. I'm glad to hear that you learned the truth and hope that you will continue to study the king James bible.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »
Always thank the Lord Jesus Christ; not me. I didn't die on the cross for your sin. I'm just an idiot who had to be saved by Christ and brought to repentance, and the work I've done is only by His grace and gifts.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

IMF19

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »
I'm sorry, Chris. But thank you for clarifying. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for dying for my sins, and rising again to save me from Hell. Will you forgive me, Chris? I'm sorry.

IMF19

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Greetings and salutations,

My name is Ian, and let me tell you a little bit about myself so you can get to know me better.

I was born and raised in Wisconsin, to Christian parents, along with my younger brother.

I grew up attending churches that were "non-denominational" and/or "evangelical", and I was baptized at age 9. At that point however, I was still unsure of if I was truly saved or not.

I was born with high-functioning autism, and throughout my childhood, it wasn't uncommon that my family and I would get into verbal - though not physical - arguments on a daily basis.

In addition, I was not very devout either, As I struggled with fantasies that started at 5 years old, progressing into full-on addiction when I was 14.

By the time I was 18, I started to question my salvation, and I became increasingly concerned about my future, and more specifically, my eternity. It was then that my walls began to crumble, and my life began to change.

In the past several months, I began to question my faith seriously, because at that point, I was looking for serious thirst in where I was heading in life.

I began to question CCM music, then "Christian" films and "Christian" entertainers. That was followed by prominent "Christian" figures, and also "Christian" media.

It wasn't until several days ago that I stumbled upon the realization that this whole time, I've been following the lies of pagan practices, "evangelical ecumenism", and the new-age looks of Christianity and "Church-ianity".

Through the hard work of Jesus Christ on the behalf of Creation Liberty Evangelism, citing sources and using biblical correction through the King James Bible, I thank Jesus Christ very dearly for showing me that repentance is not praying the sinner's prayer, inviting Jesus into my heart, or any other new-age fallacy.

I'm grateful that Jesus Christ has presented the true meaning of salvation to me through repentance - the grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing - and the believing on the blood payment of the Lord Jesus Christ for my sins.

I'm thankful to have been saved by the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, the one who shed His blood for me and rose again to save me from an eternity in Hell.

Thank you everyone for taking a second to read this message,

May the true God bless you all, and have a good night.

This is my modified version just so you know. I'm sorry, Chris. Will you forgive me?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:29:53 PM by IMF19 »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:22 PM »
You did nothing wrong; I was just encouraging you in the right direction. I am unworthy of the praise that belongs to Christ.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 05:16:03 AM »
Welcome Ian, great to read your testimony! I pray our Lord will strengthen your faith and lead you into all truth!
Welcome to the forum!
Masha

IMF19

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 07:55:16 AM »
Thanks, Chris!

Now, to answer your questions, Jeanne.

I stumbled upon CLE while I was questioning the CCM industry (not a ministry as the new-agers would probably presume).

Namely, I was reading the articles of Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith, when I noticed the textual formatting of the articles included the citations and biblical KJV references to back up claims.

Because I was still unsure of salvation at the time, I decided to check for the articles containing ones on salvation, being born again, and repentance.

That in turn led to my prayer of true salvation in Jesus Christ. However, I must admit that I was unaware that the head-bowing and hand-folding were still pagan practices.

So hours after my true salvation was granted, I asked Jesus for the relational forgiveness of sins, now that I was finally saved.

This included the above-mentioned head-bowing and hand-folding.

I am in what I call the "recovery phase" of my new life in the true Jesus Christ. I am not perfect, but I'm praying that it won't be long before all the pagan practices and other problems will be fully erased from my life.

This doesn't mean they'll be gone forever, but it does mean that I will not be doing them. However, if I am tempted and I do them, I know that there is the true Jesus Christ to repent of my wrongdoing and sanctify myself above that sin.

Does this answer your questions, Jeanne?

Thanks.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 08:24:33 AM »
Good morning Ian,
Thank you for sharing your testimony.
The Lord is amazing. No matter what you believe or what you've done he can save anyone who has a humble heart and is looking for the truth.

Psalm 40:16 KJV  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 09:11:43 AM »
Ian,

Welcome!  That was a really good introduction!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »
Hello lan,  it is always joy to hear about God's children having there eyes open

mrs.creationliberty

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
    • Good Seed Garden
  • First Name: Lorraine
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »
Welcome Ian!! Thank you for sharing your testimony and how you found CLE. Please let us know if you have any questions- although you seem very research oriented- we will do our best to help- it's great to have a like minded community for support.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 12:39:21 PM »
Welcome Ian  :)

Thank you for your testimony.

You've found a good place to be, with like-minded Christians  :)

How wonderful our God is, and that He brought you to CLE.

IMF19

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
Thank you for your greetings and salutations, Lorraine.

I am the "research-oriented" type, but I will not use this "title" as a means to brag or boast about pride, rather a means of thanking the Lord Jesus Christ for giving me a renewed mind that is selfless (or mostly, since we're not perfect).

I would like to point out that the teachings of Jesus Christ through Chris have certainly been a blessing.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not deifying him, I'm just simply thanking God that Jesus Christ Himself was able to have His Word properly translated and documented via Chris.

I appreciate your words, Lorraine, they are of great thankfulness.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:56:24 PM by IMF19 »

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 11:45:23 PM »
Welcome Ian.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.  I have to echo what Chris said. You came to repentance through the work of Christ who should receive all praise and glory.  Apart from Christ everyone of us were lost sinners on our way to hell. Anyway, glad you are here. I think you will find the folks on here very nice and very interested in sound biblical teaching.

4givenessmini

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
    • none
  • First Name: James
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:43:08 AM »
Ian welcome to this forum as making a Journey for Jesus is worth understanding in this dry dismal world. As we have all heard many times live in the world but not of the world. I hope your Journey is fruitful and a learning experience. While there is nothing wrong with learning more striving as for something that is everlasting is according to one's measure of faith.