Author Topic: Guidance Please  (Read 9395 times)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Guidance Please
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »
Im not arguing or angry.  But jeremiah 10 doesnt say graven image.  and the definition of graven image is a carved IDOL, just an idol that has been carved.  the definition of idol is just :  : an object of extreme devotion.  It doesnt have to be carved. but it also can be.  they are the same thing.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »
I'm glad to hear you did not take my comments in an argumentative way, because I definitely did not intend for them to be. Sometimes it can be hard to determine tone through text. Your definitions of the two words are exactly right. I guess I just used graven image because it mentions that phrase later in verse 14.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:38 AM »
I just want to give a brief update. Thank you all for your guidance and prayers; and thank you, Chris, for all your work on the teachings you put out. I have shared some of the things I have learned from the CLE ministry with my husband, but last night we listened to the first teaching on repentance together. He (and I) really enjoyed it! He liked that there was a corresponding article to follow along. I continue to pray that he is open to hearing, accepting, and applying the messages. This is a good start.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:04:10 AM by Laura »

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 11:14:39 AM »
Laura, I am so glad to hear this!  Thank you for the update.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:41 AM »
I just want to give a brief update. Thank you all for your guidance and prayers; and thank you, Chris, for all your work on the teachings you put out. I have shared some of the things I have learned from the CLE ministry with my husband, but last night we listened to the first teaching on repentance together. He (and I) really enjoyed it! He liked that there was a corresponding article to follow along. I continue to pray that he is open to hearing, accepting, and applying the messages. This is a good start.
I'm just very thankful that he was willing to listen. If he believes what the Bible says about repentance, that is, it is grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing, he will not only look inwardly on his own life eventually, but also, if he goes to a traditional church building, conflict will arise and if he has the Holy Spirit in him, he will begin to question what's happening.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

mrs.creationliberty

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
    • Good Seed Garden
  • First Name: Lorraine
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »
Hi Laura,

I just read this thread and am so glad to hear that your husband is listening to the repentance teaching. Thank you for posting an update to your situation, I hope you will continue to do so.    :D

Masha

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 06:27:12 AM »
Laura, how encouraging! Diligently you and your husband are going Gods way. I am very glad. Recently I also experienced some true answer-prayer in my relationship with my husband. We should never doubt the power of God and His truth! Praise the Lord!

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Chris, that is what I hope and pray happens too!

Lorraine, thank you for your comments. I will continue to keep you posted!

Masha, That is great to hear as well!
We should never doubt the power of God and His truth! Praise the Lord!
Yes, yes, yes!! :)