Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 4735 times)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
  • Belief: Christian
Greetings!
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Hello,

My name is Laura. I am 33 years old, married, and have a baby who just turned one. I follow a plant-based diet and I enjoy helping others improve their health with food. I am also interested in natural healing. I am a Christian and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I was raised in a Christian home and regularly attended the United Methodist Church in my hometown. My husband came from a similar background. I was baptized in second grade, although I now understand what baptism really means, and would like to be baptized as an adult. We all sin and fall short, but I try my best to recognize my sins and repent.

During college and in my mid twenties I did not attend church much or read my Bible. I was a lukewarm Christian who was caught up in the way of the world. After getting married, I began going to church again with my husband, and a few years later I started reading my KJV Bible and doing research on all our traditions, which led me here. In the beginning of my journey, I stumbled with false doctrine that promotes the Old Testament Holy Days and Sabbath observance, and I am thankful to have been rightly redirected. I have been enlightened on the errors of the church and the false doctrine that is being spread, but I am having a hard time sharing this with my husband. I am seeking your help and guidance on this matter. Please read my post in the General Discussion section where I go into more detail. Your prayers are also appreciated. I look forward to growing in my faith and learning together with you.

Warm Reagrds,
Laura
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:49:17 PM by Laura »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
The forum doesn't allow any foreign apostrophes. There's nothing I can do about it right now. This sometimes happens if you're copying/pasting or writing this by phone instead of computer. If that is confusing, try not using apostrophes, and that should solve the problem.

I just updated the News feed at the top to help explain that to others. Please try it again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:46:56 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:50:42 PM »
Thank you! I fixed it.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
It is so easy for young adults, especially those in college to fall away, isn't it?  I was one of those as well.

Welcome to the forum.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Masha

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »
Hi Laura,
Ive read your other post, and I just wanna say I am very familiar with your situation. Me and my husband are not on the same page with many things. There might be some things I can share with you that might help you, but most importantly I would like to advise you to seek the Lord, let your hearts request be known with all supplications and prayer. My situation looks totally desperate at times, but the Lord always makes some way or space and even if times are truly hard, I know He is with me. I pray you may have that same comfort and strength.

Welcome to the forum!!!
Masha

Phi 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

In your situation: be thankful that God is showing you the truth!! Have faith God will also enable you to live according to His truth.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
Your prayers are also appreciated. I look forward to growing in my faith and learning together with you.

Laura, thank you for sharing your testimony and welcome to the forum. 
This really is a wonderful place to be, safe from all the leavened churches out there. 
You are in the right place, where we can fellowship and grow and learn, with like-minded (true) Christians.   :)

I did read your other post, as well.  We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Suelong88

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
Welcome Laura!  :)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »
Hi Laura,

I just noticed in the other thread that you live in Indiana. How close are you to where Zach and Chris live?

And just out of curiosity, how did you find our group?

Glad to have you here!

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
Tonya,
Hello, and thank you for the welcome. Yes, it is so easy to fall off the wagon during college. Now, I did not do anything illegal, but it was not pleasing to God. It's nice to meet you!

Masha,
Thank you for the welcome and your support. I appreciate you sharing. I am beginning to realize that my situation is not unique, and it's good to know I have a community of others to turn to for encouragement and advice. I am grateful for your prayers! I will include you in mine as well. It's nice to meet you! :)

Dee,
Thank you for the welcome. I really appreciate your prayers. I am grateful to have found this community and I look forward to getting to know you all better, while learning and growing too. It's nice to meet you!

Sue,
Thank you for the welcome. It's nice to meet you!

Jeanne,
I'm not sure where Zach and Chris live, but I am in Northeast Indiana. What part of the state are they in? It's nice to meet you!

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
They're in Shelby County (which is funny because I used to live in Shelby County in Texas). Looks like it's southeast of Indianapolis.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 05:35:12 PM »
Well, we are not next door neighbors, but fairly close when you consider how big the world is! I am a couple hours drive north of Indianapolis. :)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
Laura, you really are not that far from Chris, Lorraine and Ben. 

Welcome again to the forum!  Nice to meet you.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »
Tonya,
Yes, it sounds like we are pretty close. That is so cool! Thank you for the warm welcome! It is nice to be here. :)

Natalie

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
Hi Laura, your journey seems similar to mine. I grew up in the Methodist Church and didn't have much understanding of Christianity until I started studying the Bible on my own. I too was seduced by false doctrines like the Jewish sabbath days and other things like that. For many years!

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »
Hi Natalie. Yes, we do have some similarities in our journeys. Thanks for sharing! I am glad you too were able to find truth and understanding concerning the Jewish sabbath days. I never got to the point of observing them, but was subscribed to a magazine produced by a church that promoted them. Once I found out it was not a true Christian requirement, I unsubscribed and threw out all the materials I had on the topic.