Author Topic: Planned Parenthood fundraiser  (Read 13220 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Planned Parenthood fundraiser
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 08:59:07 AM »
That atheist had no clue what he was talking about. (No marvel, right?)

I'm glad this man brought up this "example of abortion" in the Bible.
I what not prepared to address this passage of scripture off-the-cuff, which is why I made the effort to look it up on the spot and read through it. (Doing that is a difficult in that situation, but if I'm not preaching or handing out tracts I've got not much else to do.)
Now I am prepared if it comes up again.
To God be the glory.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
That atheist had no clue what he was talking about. (No marvel, right?)

Actually, I'm glad he raised that objection.
It gave me the opportunity to look up the scripture and take somewhat of a close look at it.  As you can tell I did not have a ready answer for him. But now I do if someone tries to make such an argument in the future. All glory to God.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »
The guy preaching in part 3... I really like him. He did exactly what I would have done, going to Romans 1 and start reading. He was simple to understand, calm, and reasonable, and I can guarantee they hated him a lot.

that was Jake. That night was the only time I have met him. It seems that a large part of his ministry has been preaching against abortion. The anti-abortion signs were his. He definitely had a good grasp on what he was preaching about. He would do well in any environment where people might be able to stand around and listen.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
Who was this other guy who was with you Kenneth? (guy in yellow jacket) I was having a hard time listening to him only because he seemed to not know what he wanted to say a lot of times, and he was half-quoting Scripture, almost like he was used to another bible version.

That was Tim. He's the one I preach with 90% of the time or more. He was one of the guys I preached with the first time I went out on the street with other people.
Usually he gets on a good flow with a clear message.  Sometimes he can get flustered, like we all can, in a tense or awkward situation. And sometimes he has trouble putting clear line of thought together. I do the same thing sometimes, especially when I get tired. Sometimes I'll start preaching one thing and then I'm not sure where I want to go with it or if I want to follow it to the conclusion.
I know he only intends on using the King James Bible, as I do. Sometimes I catch myself quoting from a new age verse out of old habit. If you ever hear me doing that please point it out. I think I'm doing pretty good at getting those corrupt Bible verses replaced but the real thing.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »
I've done that same thing. I still occasionally say "gather together" instead of "assemble," which is the effect church buildings had on me growing up; I keep working on that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 05:42:41 PM »
Are the videos downloadable? I can't really stream.

Honestly, I don't know.
Maybe you have to pay for a membership to YouTube to download a video.

I am a Linux user at home and use a program called youtube-dl. I never watch material directly from the Youtube site, I always download it first and then watch it using a normal media player and that way you are not interrupted by adverts and you have your own copy of the file for later reference.  I just had a check and youtube-dl is available for Windows too.

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »
My apologies; I did not know that was the case. I need to study more carefully. I'm glad I was corrected on that, and the man in the yellow jacket was correct and taught me something. It's just one more reason to fear God.

Well... wait a second... what about witches? I don't think any of those verses made mention of the punishment of witches. So... was he still incorrect? I mean, I was wrong in my statement that no one was burned with fire, but if it doesn't mention witches specifically, then the guy in the yellow jacket was still wrong. Anyone else know anything about that?

Leviticus 20 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 but thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Deuteronomy 17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 and hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 and it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Overall it doesn't look like it was permissible to burn a witch to death but rather they were to be stoned.  In Exodus it states that a witch must not be allowed to live but it doesn't exactly specify by what means they must be put to death.

Exodus 22 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
Okay, so I was correct on that point. Got it. However, as Kenneth said, the other guy was simply a bit flustered in the heat of the moment. That's perfectly understandable; I don't always have my composure either when my mind goes off track, and it's easy for that to happen people start doing and saying wicked things right in front of you.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »
Okay, so I was correct on that point. Got it. However, as Kenneth said, the other guy was simply a bit flustered in the heat of the moment. That's perfectly understandable; I don't always have my composure either when my mind goes off track, and it's easy for that to happen people start doing and saying wicked things right in front of you.

That certainly happens to me.  People can talk quicker than I can think and it is difficult anyway to think while someone is talking at you.  Hence a lot of the people I'm in contact with I offer to present the details via email and they can respond likewise.  Presentation of materials in writing is the downfall of those who oppose themselves because they rely on being bullish to push their own beliefs and talk over the top and drown out what they don't want to hear or be challenged about.  It is good that tracts are being handed out, once they are home the opposers can shout and scoff at a piece of paper all they like.  Seeds are sown.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »
RealPlayer is also free software you can download that will allow you to download videos from YouTube and play them back. That's the one I use.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
In case I didn't say it aloud Kenneth, I would pray that our Lord Jesus Christ bless each one of you standing out there, specifically that all your needs would be met, and that you would see some of the results of your preaching for the purpose edification; whether it be through converted souls, or through the judgment of the unrighteous, that your spirits would be lifted in the face of the opposition of reprobates. As Paul told the church in Rome:
I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
-Romans 1:8

You all don't have to be out there; you choose to be out there because you care about their souls. I would also pray that you would get more support, and that more would be called to do that work as we move closer to the final days of this world. Forgive me if my personal criticisms were discouraging in any way.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 09:36:12 PM »
Chris said, "Forgive me if my personal criticisms were discouraging in any way."

No, your critique is not discouraging.
I appreciate your input.