Author Topic: Lucifer was added  (Read 173 times)

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
  • Belief: Christianity
Lucifer was added
« on: April 17, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
I was having breakfast with a friend at Panera Bread this past Saturday when we sat down next to a few young men doing a Bible study.  I said a quick prayer for them that the Holy Spirit would work in their hearts to understand the Word they were reading.  Toward the end, I overheard one of them say that, in Isaiah, Lucifer was added to that version (King James) because that word wasn't in any of the other versions and challenged one of his friends to prove that it was correct; nearly rebuking him for his belief.  I didn't hear the whole conversation and I really pray that he wasn't questioning if that was refering to Satan or not.  I didn't notice which version he was reading.  I then said a different prayer that his man's eyes would be opened to the truth and that his friend would stand firm in his knowledge of the Word. 

Isaiah 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 38
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Lucifer was added
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:37:27 PM »
Heh... these guys; they always make claims of conjecture. The guy who said that has no idea if that was added to the KJB. His friend needed to come back and say, "Lucifer was taken away from the all the new-age versions because they want to hide his identity. Prove I'm wrong." Neither of them probably had any understanding of what they were talking about, but repeated what they heard from their Sunday School teacher who heard it from the pastor who learned it from a seminary college who heard that from someone "prestigious" who is making money off those new-age versions.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings