Author Topic: Witchcraft on the rise  (Read 5240 times)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
Witchcraft on the rise
« on: November 06, 2018, 08:00:35 AM »
This link is to an article about how Black women are leaving the church and turning to witchcraft. It reminded me of Christopher's article on feminism and it's dangers and how there is a link between witchcraft and feminism. There is still a veil over people's eyes with regards to the GOD of the Bible and true Christianity. Satan is seducing the masses and we ought to fervently pray for ourselves and the lost.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/574393/
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: Witchcraft on the rise
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
Wow!  Isn't that awful?  And what is worse, the leavened church is so like the world, they think they understand "god" better when they left?  What did Chris read Sunday from Romans about abandoning what is reasonable?  I know it was referring to homosexuality, but I think it can apply to abandoning the Lord for something that has the appearance of truth, or a lie.  That is likely NIV instead of KJV since I can't find it, please forgive me.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:30:28 AM »
The link further in the article demonstrates more; the Baltimore conference they had for "witches of color" -- that would just be the black community of witches, had people lining the walls because there weren't enough chairs. Again, that's just the black community, and just for the Baltimore area... but the average American doesn't see paganism and witchcraft on the rise.
http://www.dawtasofthemoon.org/2018-bwc-convention.html

And this is the main point: When church buildings adopt pagan holidays, they remain willing ignorant that those traditions have conditioned these people for that witchcraft. Again, I am not making the argument that Christmas makes people witches; I'm saying that when the time comes that they are introduced to witchcraft, it makes the transition easier for them because they are already used to doing those types of traditions through things like Christmas, and since they have such an emotional attachment to it, they are used to taking pleasure in paganism.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Don't forget Chris, that these black communities usually began with witchcraft beliefs. When they came from Africa, they had a hand in voodoo and witchcraft, and they "Christianized" those but never sanctified themselves from those. So it is not surprising that these groups are heading back into witchcraft because they have never left it in the first place.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
Hmm... I don't think I would say that. That's like saying that people with black skin are more genetically predisposed to perform witchcraft. What you're saying is that, because their ancestors a few hundred years ago did witchcraft, therefore, it's in their genetic code.

My ancestors come from a large mix of Europeans, who were likely Catholics a few hundred years ago. So that would be like saying, "Chris, don't forget that your community began with Catholic belief, so it's not surprising that you will head back into Catholicism." That doesn't logically follow.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »
Sorry, If I made it sound that way Chris, I was trying to say that when they were being brought over they still had their witchcraft/voodoo beliefs and when being taught Christianity they mixed it with their beliefs. Much like what they are doing in Africa and Asia today, they adding the belief they already have to the Bible. I am just trying to say is that in their communities they have some parts that have origins in witchcraft, like a seed which can grow into incidents like Silindile said. I am sorry if I made that unclear.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
Hopefully there will be those who see the error of their ways and will begin to question and then find answers and then sort themselves out.  For those who don't, they were probably lost anyway and they were only ever going to be "church goers, going to "church" on Sundays". 

I'm no different than anyone else and over time I have had to independantly think about things and try to get answers as to whether they are right or wrong and the reasons why that is so and that is the same for everyone. 

Romans 2 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

I have found that when the "feminists" in the "church" are pointed to the scriptures that outline the roles of men and women they are not eager to read those scriptures and take them to heart and accept the teaching as the Word of God and change their lives accordingly   ......   instead they are furious and in full rebellion against it as if a man wrote those words and they are against "women".

They don't understand   .....   and they don't want to understand.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Joop

• BANNED
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »
That's like saying that people with black skin are more genetically predisposed to perform witchcraft. What you're saying is that, because their ancestors a few hundred years ago did witchcraft, therefore, it's in their genetic code.

Honestly, I can't see Zoologistkid is suggesting somehow that people with black skin are more genetically predisposed to perform witchcraft. What he is saying or suggesting (to me) is that voodoo was practized in Africa by black people, they became enslaved and took the voodoo religion with them. I would say, voodoo is practized originally by black people in Africa, however, that doesn't prove all black people are practizing voodoo. Likewise, not all white people have Catholic roots.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »
Joop, I wasn't trying to suggest that either, I am sorry If I am not clear on this. I am just saying that voodoo and witchcraft were practiced by people in Africa and they were brought over with it, I am not trying to that every black person did those things. I am just saying that the concepts can be found to this day like the chanting in the churches and other things. I am sorry for this discussion for getting out of hand.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 03:37:25 PM »
Caleb, you didn't need to apologize to Joop because that's not what you said. In fact, I didn't say that's what you said. Joop needs to be more careful to read the posts and be careful with his words. I said, "that's LIKE saying," not that Caleb said that, but rather, that is the philosophical implication behind it, which is why I would not agree with it. I responded because Caleb addressed me by saying, "Don't forget Chris," as if there was something I was not remembering, so I felt obligated to respond accordingly that there was no confusion, no only for the users on this forum, but for all those out there who may be reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Thank you for explaining, Chris, I really need to work on my talking skills at times. This is like that Alligator gar incident again, I still feel dumb for not giving the proper context.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:44:40 PM by Zoologistkid »

Joop

• BANNED
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
I said, "that's LIKE saying," not that Caleb said that, but rather, that is the philosophical implication behind it, which is why I would not agree with it
I really try to read carefully. The words "that's LIKE saying" causes misunderstanding, at least to me. It is suggesting (to me) that Caleb may think there CAN be some genetic predisposition. Again, I cannot read that anywhere.

I am just saying that voodoo and witchcraft were practiced by people in Africa and they were brought over with it, I am not trying to that every black person did those things
Yes, that is what I understood. So no apology was needed.

OK, bedtime for me now (European time....)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »
Thank you for explaining, Chris, I really need to work on my talking skills at times. This is like that Alligator gar incident again, I still feel dumb for not giving the proper context.
But I still corrected the material based on what you showed me.  8)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:15 AM »
Silindile, thank you for this post.  It is very eye-opening for me.  I did not realize how prevalent witchcraft is, and it is important to be aware of this fact.  And your post is very timely, now that we are entering the "Christmas" season.

There is still a veil over people's eyes with regards to the GOD of the Bible and true Christianity. Satan is seducing the masses and we ought to fervently pray for ourselves and the lost.

You are so right, I need to pray more fervently for others... and for me, especially because (i am ashamed to say) this year, I began missing the Christmas traditions.  Like you said, Satan seduces people.  We must stay strong, in the Word, in GOD.

Perhaps it is because the people in the home where Joshua and I reside, they are not saved, and are beginning to mention they are missing the festivities, that it was something to look forward to at the end of the year.  It makes me feel a little guilty, for taking this away from them.

However, because I love them, I tell them the Truth.
So, I need to read Christopher's article, again...to remember just how bad this celebration is...and to reinforce my conviction.

Natalie

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
A lot of the rise of witchcraft can be explained by the public school system. I used to work in a public school. One day, on Halloween, the English teacher said, "witches aren't bad." And went on to say that witches have a bad reputation and stuff. I'm thinking he was an actual witch himself... Another example is yoga is practiced heavily in the elementary schools. It's quite startling.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:48 PM »
I sometimes wonder if there is an actual increase in witchcraft, or if the witches have just become more open about what they do and believe. Wicca, as a religion, has been around for a long time, but those who practiced it generally didn't talk about it. All of these perversions, like witchcraft and homosexuality have always been there, even in Bible times. It's just getting shoved in our faces a lot more now than it used to be.

mrs.creationliberty

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
    • Good Seed Garden
  • First Name: Lorraine
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
I agree with you Jeanne, I think it's shoved in our face more because it is more readily accepted. There are way more tv shows and movies about good witches. Most tv shows anymore won't succeed or be as popular unless there is a homo in it.  It has become accepted and the status quo- through lack of discernment. People can't discern the witchcraft in Halloween, Christmas, and Easter anymore.