Author Topic: Josh W-21 from Indiana  (Read 5370 times)

Josh

Josh W-21 from Indiana
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »
I found CLE from doing a facebook search looking for keywords to find other bornagain Christians in my area and found Chris. Josh B told me I should join the forum so here I am. Below is a copy of my testimony I wrote awhile back. Also I'm Zach's friend that he wrote about in his post.

My name is Josh. I was raised catholic but at 14 I rejected Catholicism and the bible and Jesus Christ as lies and went out searching for the truth because they definitely weren't it. I spent the next few years researching and studying more conspiracies and lies like the religious ones I was previously enslaved to. I found out that we have been lied to by education, media, government, health industry, religion, and the world at large about everything including who we are and the very nature of our existence. The lies are at the depth that no one in the world is exempt from being deceived. I was proud that I knew the truth while everyone else is deceived. Every time I was proud and talked down to others I would research and find yet another lie and that thinking I knew the truth had been deceived yet again. It is a humbling experience. Pride prevents us from finding the truth because we proudly already know and wouldn't stoop so low to humble ourselves and admit they we have been deceived. A good scholar is not proud but humble and examines both or all sides before coming to any conclusions or making any assumptions. I got interested in the New Age truth movement when I started listening to David Icke. About a year later I found out that although he told alot of truth and exposed the supernatural evil in this world to be spirits he himself talked to spirits I found out in a video by a man exposing him. Icke always called the evil spirits reptilian shape shifters and the spirits he talked to the guys or his guides. The man who exposed him said they are the same and they are both demonic entitys or demons. The man said if you want to know God and know the truth all you need to do is understand that all have sinned and broken Gods commandments and laws and repent: call out to God and say God I am sorry for sinning and breaking your laws and commandments, have mercy on me and please forgive me; and then go and sin no more he said. Now new agers believe in a impersonal god which is the universe so I didn't know if God was real or not but being humbled so low I thought what do I have to lose if God isn't real. So I called out to God believing he was real and apologized for sinning and asked for forgiveness and I immediately felt this huge weight I was previously unaware of being lifted off of me and felt this overwhelming sense of joy and peace and thankfulness. I then went on to research more in depth that which I had previously studied that disproved the Bible and Jesus Christ. I found that all who professionally presented such information who I looked to before were involved in freemasonry and or some other secret society or occult and their information sources cited are inadequate, unreputable, inaccurate, but for the most part non-existent. I found the more I studied, that I was unable to find any solid evidence disproving the Bible and Jesus Christ but when I put the thought that satan is a real supernatural being, and his goal is to rob, kill, and destroy everyone through lies and deception, with the fact that the love of money is the root of all evil and the men who have the most money in the world and rule the world also partake in satanic rituals and the evil in this world is supernatural or on such a large scale that no man or group of men could possible orchestrate such a feat, all of my research for the past few years that before seemed unrelated and didn't match up or amount to any great conclusion or solution, now it was all simultaneously connected and related and everything matched up and nothing was out of place and it all suddenly made complete sense. If you want to fight and defeat your enemy, you must first know who your enemy is so you can fight him. So if the enemy is satan then the number one thing he wants to keep you from is having a relationship with God, so the best way to fight him is to seek out a relationship with God. So I started reading the bible and keeping Gods commandments and God started setting me free from my sins that the enemy used to keep me in bondage. God gave me a new heart with new desires so the sinful things I used to love and enjoy doing, I now all of a sudden hated and found disgusting and I was ashamed for ever doing them. Now my delight is in keeping Gods commandments and they are not burdensome but easy and light. Of all the things I have seen and experienced I now stand as a witness and testify of the Truth that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of the living God. Jesus Christ has saved me from death and it is written in Romans 10:9-15 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

I hope this helps, God bless them who read this.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:04:17 AM by Josh »

Masha

Re: Josh W-21 from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:18:04 AM »
Hi Josh, I can relate to a lot you mentioned in your introduction, thank you for sharing!
welcome to the forum, looking forward to know you better.
Masha

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:36:26 AM »
That's a well-written introduction.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:01 AM »
Great Introduction!!!  I am so glad you are joining us Josh!  Welcome!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »
Hey Josh, it's good to have you with us. I am glad to hear of your past and how God brought you out of your sin and showed you the truth.
 I am pretty young, like you, (23) and I was wondering how often people look at you sideways when you tell them about your past and how you were converted? If someone I meet at work wants to know more about me I usually start with my past sin and how I don't desire those things anymore and I tell them why. (You summed it up pretty well) and they always give me a funny look and ask how or why I am so "mature." At that point I feel uncomfortable bringing any glory to myself so I give it to Jesus for bringing me out of the hole I was in. I have a feeling that the only reason they act so surprised at my words is because of how young I am.
Anyways, I was just curious if you had any experience with these reactions.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
Hi Josh

Welcome to the forum.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your introduction.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
Hello josh

Been a while since I read a introduced you self and had no need to ask any questions. Glad you found the truth in Christ. Nice to meet you

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Hi Josh,  Welcome to the forum and to our church group.
It is really wonderful having you here.  :-)

Thank you for your testimony.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, too!!  :-)

My soul is so happy to see such men of God in our forum.
Praise God that we are blessed with all of you young men, who have been born again and can be witnesses to those who are lost.

God Bless all of you.

Josh

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:34 PM »
Yeah Thomas, I know what you mean.  I worked with several 40 and 50 year old guys who would tell me that I was more mature than them.  Some will say "you're wise beyond your years", not knowing that wisdom comes from God and not from age, nor do they usually want to accept it because that would mean they could be an old fool and that would be humbling.  I know I'm a fool but James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."  I always try to let them know if they're willing to listen.
1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
 Job 32:8-9 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment. 
Matthew 11:25-26 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
I have noticed that alot of full grown men still act like children, and I think that is due largely in part to public schooling, since before public schooling existed children spent  time with their parents (mature adults) to become mature adults.  But with public schools children spend most of their time socializing with other children into adulthood. Proverbs 22:15 says "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child", and most of the time today there is no rod of correction to drive it far from him combined with children walking with children, to grow into companions of fools. Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »
Hi Josh!  Good to see you hear!

mrs.creationliberty

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
    • Good Seed Garden
  • First Name: Lorraine
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:39 PM »
Hi Josh,

I have noticed that alot of full grown men still act like children, and I think that is due largely in part to public schooling, since before public schooling existed children spent  time with their parents (mature adults) to become mature adults.  But with public schools children spend most of their time socializing with other children into adulthood. Proverbs 22:15 says "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child", and most of the time today there is no rod of correction to drive it far from him combined with children walking with children, to grow into companions of fools. Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed

Great verse, and I completely agree! Glad to see you joined the forum!!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:07 PM »
Hi, Josh, it was great to 'meet' you in Bible study last night. I was gone for a couple of days so this is the first I've been back on the forum. Glad to have you as part of our church group!

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Hi Josh,
It is encouraging to see the Lord shine through His Saints.  May the Lord give you ever increasing faith.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Hi Josh, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading your introduction and testimony. Thanks for sharing in so much depth. I can relate to the part about feeling prideful in your understanding only to be humbled to more truth. I have caught myself in a similar place.

Also, your comments on the public school system were interesting, as I recently started researching public schools and homeschooling.

It is nice to meet you and I look forward to learning together in His Word.